Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Hep Kitten

New in Town
LolitaHaze said:
This is my latest purchase that I am extra excited about!! I really hope it fits!! *crosses fingers*

hoodedgown1.jpg
hoodedgown5.jpg
hoodedgown6.jpg

That is gorgeous, Lolita. The hood is too perfect!

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Kimberly said:
Another great day at the thrifts! I actually hit one that I only do occasinaly due to the fact that they get very limited inventory. I decided on impulse to go and I am so happy I did!

First is the new age mod 60's dress that I got for under $10. It is way too big for me but am putting it on consignment to help pay for all the purchases I have made recently. :D

The color is amazing!

60sbluecoatset.jpg

Close up of the dress. BTW: the entire outfit looks as if it were never worn.

60sbluedress.jpg

A green brocade wiggle dress also under $10. I am keeping this one.

greenbrocade.jpg

I needed a new summer purse and lucked out with this one. Total cost $4.00!

strawbakelitepurse.jpg

I saved the best for last. These shoes cost me $2.00 each! The church thrift store is the best place for shoes around here. I still can't get over them!

First pair is from a shoe store in Greece!

bluewhite.jpg

The 2nd pair are from Saks Fifth Avenue!!

brownwhite.jpg

Both pairs fit me! :eusa_clap

Those shoes! :eusa_clap Good for you, Kim!

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Daisy Buchanan said:
Wow, I take a break from this thread for a couple of days, I come back to find all you shop-a-holics loaded up with the greatest things!!!
Too many to list individually, but everything I have seen is amazing:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
You gals are good!!:D

I was trying to be good since the past month I've been on an ebay binge. But I couldn't pass up this circle dress. I don't have anything like it, and it's gonna be perfect for a week in Newport!
1180967860650_DSC_0065_edited.JPG

DSC_0081_edited.JPG

That is lovely, Daisy. I always love your finds. And, that dress is *totally* Newport! :)

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy, I LOVE that dress.

Pink, I love all the pink you bought! :eusa_clap

I just bought a choker and clip earings to go with the dress I am wearing to the wedding in June. VBO is going to be the death of my wallet!

chainlink1-2.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks ladies:D I'm really looking forward to getting it. When I first started this "vintage thing" I never new about novelty prints. Once I discovered them I was hooked, but I don't really have too many. It will be perfect for Newport, and the Cape, Block Island and the Vineyard too. Looks like I'm gonna just have to plan some summer getaways. After all, what's the point of owning a dress like this if I've got no place to wear it!!

Kimberly that choker is beautiful!! All of your finds are great. I never realized how much thrifting could be done in middle to western Mass. I think I'm gonna have to make a visit your way. Maybe an afternoon of thrifting and a late lunch early dinner at The Soul:) I'm starting to really miss my old stomping ground. I'll just have to make sure and keep a low profile while I visit. I wouldn't want to be noticed by any ex boyfriends who still live there:eek:

Lolita that gown is amazing!! I love the beading and the hood. It's spectacular!! If it doesn't fit, just send it my way. I'll pay for postage:D!!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy, that would be fantastic. We could also hit the consignment shop righ accross the street from the Soul. The only downfall with thrifting in this area is that there are weeks where I will find nothing and then there will be weeks where I strike gold. It's either feast or famine. :D

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Miss Hell Belle... Believe me, when I saw it, I knew I had to have it!! I LOVE hooded dresses! WOW!

Kimberly... The green brocade dress is lovely!! Gorgeous! And the Rhinestone jewelry! To die for. I will post photos when I get it. I can't wait! :)

Mary Deluxe... Thank you. I have never seen a hooded gown for sale, so I knew I had to have it!! :)

ImOldFashioned... Those are small pockets with piping. If it looks good on me, I will be posting photos for sure. :) I haven't seen The Lady Eve... I'll have to see it. :)

FooFooGal... That is a gorgeous blue! I bet it will look beautiful on.

Daisy... The skirt on that dress is amazing! The colors are so vivid! Hehehehe I will let you know if it doesn't fit... but if it is too small... I am going to shrink down until it fits! I am going to do whatever I can to "own" that dress.

HepKitten... I am so excited to have a hooded gown you do not even know! I can't wait to wear this baby out!

Pink... Pink! Pink! Pink! Pink! Pink! :eusa_clap

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Can I echo Daisy in saying I need to stop taking breaks from this thread?lol I miss so much, and it's so lovely, all of it!:eusa_clap

Dahlia, I love the horde of PINK! you're accumulating, all so cute and will look positively darling on you! Gosh, what a fun, delightful color!

Daisy, I saw that dress while I was browsing ebay today, amidst the massive amount that seller has, it especially stood out to me, it's so vibrant and unique, I'm sure it will be a treat on you! Exquisite taste, as per usual!

LolitaHaze, what a glorious gown! It definitely has a femme fatale aura to it, it will suit you to a T! I can't help thinking though that the accent looks more like soutash than beading, but I may very well be wrong!lol What a wonderful buy, regardless.

Kimberly, I love the variety in all of your purchases, everything has it's own distinct personality and appeal! You have excellent eyes for things of beauty! :)

And I wanted to thank all for your compliments on the stockings, I am really humbled. I actually didn't have high hopes of getting them because I obviously realized they were something special, and thought the price would go super high, but...I got them for a price within the $10 club, if you can believe that! I thought I didn't at first, and I kept looking back at the page going "Wait, I didn't win those, did I? It's impossible! No way!"lol

The only recent purchase I have to share is a 1940's dress I got for slightly outside the $10 range.
747b_1_b.JPG

The pattern is actually kind of two in one, you might say, it's flowers in a swirl pattern.
781d_1.JPG

Kimberly

Practically Family
LadySD, you got those stockings under $10!! :eek: . OMG! those are the cutest stockings I have ever seen. I love the dress too. I have a thing for red and white and it is super cute.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:
rocka, i think that is a great deal on that dress! and those shoes are great too. where didja find them??

Thanks. I got the shoes from urban outfitters. I got them at the store for $38 last weekend and I just checked there website and thery're on sale for $14.00:rage: . Oh well, maybe I'll get them in red next ;)

Daisy Buchanan

Rockapin-up said:
Thanks. I got the shoes from urban outfitters. I got them at the store for $38 last weekend and I just checked there website and thery're on sale for $14.00:rage: . Oh well, maybe I'll get them in red next ;)

Rockapin, do you still have the receipt for the shoes you bought? I don't know what it's like in LA, but here in Boston most of the stores have a 7 or 14 day policy. This means if you buy something and it goes on sale within that time period (varies from store to store) you can bring them the receipt and they will give you the difference back. Some stores give you the difference in store credit, but most will give you cash back or credit your charge card. I would definitely stop by Urban Outfitters with the receipt and see what they can do for you. I actually think that it is the law here to honor such requests.
Either way, they are great shoes. I think it stinks that they went on sale so soon after you bought them, but they sure do look worth it! Great deal on the Stop Staring dress too. I love Stop Staring and have quite a few of their dresses, but I've always really loved the one you got. It's such a great style and you will look smashing in it!!

Kimberly, we should definitely make arrangements for a get together out your way. My 10 year Clark reunion was last weekend, but I missed it due to a previous engagement that couldn't be missed. I think I might be going through Woostah withdrawal. The Soul sounds great, then we could do a bar tour of my old stomping ground: Drinks and peanuts at Cactus Peets, cross the street to Leitrem's, up the road to Mahoney's, and then finish the night off at The Blarney Stone. Gee, you think Worcester is an Irish town??:D Of course I also miss Irish Times and The Palladium. Gosh it's been so darn long since I've been there I don't even know if these places still exist! By the way those shoes you posted on the previous page are great. I especially like the first pair!

Lady Stardust, your new red dress is so very pretty. I'm sure you will look stunning in it. I actually got a red dress with white swirlies on it from GoJane but it's not nearly as pretty as yours.
Thanks for the compliment on my new dress:)

Thanks too to Lolita! In regards to your new hooded gown, I'm sure you'll have no trouble fitting into it, and I'm sure it will look great in it too! It really is an exquisite dress. You should post pictres of yourself wearing it...

Thanks so much Hep Kitten and Goldwyn Girl! I appreciate your compliments. I'm really looking forward to receiving this dress. This seller does get some really incredible dresses. But a lot of it is all in the marketing. I think if I saw the same dress just hanging on a rack in the photo I might not have even noticed it. But she makes all of her item's look so appealing. I think that's why they go for higher prices than a lot of the oter sellers. I was apprehensive buying from her at first, due to some things that I had heard. But I bought a dress from her last month and it was a fine sale. She did forget to mention some things in the description, but I contacted her about it and she was very receptive and apologetic. I loved the dress too much to return it, but I do have to put some money into some repairs, which is kind of annoying because it already had cost me more money than I wanted to spend. This time, the description was more detailed. I'm hoping that the description and sizing are correct.

Daisy Buchanan

Lolita, the things on VBO are priced really well, but a lot of it is 60's and above:( Tonight my search revealed over 1700 items, but there was hardly any 50's and earlier. So, prepare to do some digging and some advanced searches, they might reveal some better stuff. I searched all of ebay, but when I did a more direct search under the "vintage" category, it revealed a lot more, or at least it was easier to locate that way.
Good luck, and don't buy too much:)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
wow, everyone is finding such nice things!

today i got some good stuff. i'm posting most of it over in the thrift store thread, though.

the find of the day was this great 1940s dress.
5-26part2009.jpg

it's navy rayon with a white print. it has a great self-fabric belt and a design made of piping on the chest. cute pleating too, although you can't see it in the pic. the weird thing about the dress is how low-cut it is. i layered a white slip under it in the pic to show you. when it's on, my bra is totally exposed! i'm thinking it was probably meant to be worn with a detachable collar. so i guess i'm just going to have to make one! i got it at Buffalo Exchange, of all places, for $15! they had another great rayon dress as well, but it was a little too small for me.

also at BE i got these amazingly wide-legged pants! side-zip, decorative buttons. $7.50 on clearance! sorry for the poor photo!
5-26part2015.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
Shoo, I love that dress!!

I did very well again today and sort of have a mini haul of purchases. Someone had a vintage yard sale and I was there at 7:30 before anyone else. Most of the stuff was 60's, but I managed to find quite a few things.

Number One:

50's Party Dress for $10.00
50sgown.jpg

Number Two:

I am guessing 30's opera cape for $20.00. The lining is like this white cotton I have never seen up close before,

operacloak.jpg

Number Three:

40's dress that looks magnificent on! This was also $10.00

bluewhite40sdress.jpg

Number Four:

I am guessing 30's or 40's pegnoir set for $10.00. The fabric is like nothing I have felt before. That is why I am guessing earlier than the 50's which is the era most of my lingerie is and I know what it feels like.

40spegenoir.jpg

Number Five: Signed Broach for $5.00.

flowerpin.jpg

I also got a pink vintage hat and took lousy pictures of it and am too tired to go back and do it again.

Onto yard sale number two now.

I got this green lace dress for $1.00. It is not my style but I couldn't pass it up due to the fabric. There is also major damage to the lace so I thought this would be a good project for me.

greenbrocadetwo.jpg

Yard sale number three resulted in a velvet cape for $2.00

velourcape.jpg

Finally yard sale number four. They had a bunch of patterns and all were the 60's or 70's except for this one. I searched twice because I was going to pick them up for the ladies here. This cost me a dollar.

pattern.jpg

Regarding the pattern above. I am going to have a giveaway here on it. I will draw a name and whoever my son picks can have the pattern FREE!. I only ask that those who are going to definitely use it enter and that they don't buy it for resale. I will work out the details later as I am far too tired now. I spent the better part of last night taking photos of vintage inspired clothes I am going to put on eBay because I have run out of closet space. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart