Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Oops!

I bought some shoes. :eek:

young03_redpata.jpg

arriba02_blackpua.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Pink, I was looking at that dress last night and would have got it had it been my size, glad some one here bought it.

Kimberly, you have done it again. I love everything you found and what excellent prices!!!

ShooShooBaby, those pants are great.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shoo, what a pretty dress, and I love those pants!! Lucky lucky gal to find such great pants!!

Kimberly, I don't know how you do it!! You must have access to the greatest vintage shoppes and yard/estate sales!! You find such great things, and for such incredible prices!! I really love the pin, it's so very pretty. The dresses are all incredible, but the first one is my favorite:)
What a great price on the opera cape too. I actually have one very similar, only the lining is a quilted satin, but other than that they are almost identical. I love it, it's great for an evening out when you are all dressed up but need something to keep you warm in a strapless evening gown. I think mine used to have a fur collar that someone cut off :eek: for it has remnants of fur around the neck. But, it's barely visible. I was thinking of getting some fur to replace it but I actually like it the way it is. If you go to the Queen Mary in November, you should definitely bring it for the evening, it will come in handy! What great deals you get!! I'm envious!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy, the black opera coat is quilted but it's more of a quilted mix of cotton and satin. I wish I could do Queen Mary but November is the busiest time of the year for me work wise because I am in charge of budgeting and we are always working on our budgets then. :(

I totally lucked out at that yard sale. I got up extra early to hit it thinking I would be fighting w/ dealers over stuff. The dealers around here are odd. If it says vintage gowns they flock to it like honey. If it just says vintage clothes you can hear crickets chirping while you are there. What is so funny about this is that gowns are so plentiful on eBay that they don't go for much unless they are very unique or are made by a well known designer. [huh]

If I was going to specialize in vintage it would not be gowns but regular day clothes instead as that is where the demand is especially if it's in excellent condition which is rare because it was worn so often.

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
I've been away again - just for a week - and am overwhelmed! Lovely things out there!

But a special shout-out to LadyStardust - you are so lucky I was away from my computer when your Pink Edwardian dress finished! ;) I would have given you a run for your money! I was choked to get home and realise the sniper program had gotten turned off in my absence. But I'm so happy it's gone to a good home!

One day I will get organized enough to share some of my ebay luck over the last while. Soon!

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Kimberly said:
Shoo, I love that dress!!

I did very well again today and sort of have a mini haul of purchases. Someone had a vintage yard sale and I was there at 7:30 before anyone else. Most of the stuff was 60's, but I managed to find quite a few things.

Number Two:

I am guessing 30's opera cape for $20.00. The lining is like this white cotton I have never seen up close before,

operacloak.jpg

Number Three:

40's dress that looks magnificent on! This was also $10.00

bluewhite40sdress.jpg

Number Five: Signed Broach for $5.00.

flowerpin.jpg

I also got a pink vintage hat and took lousy pictures of it and am too tired to go back and do it again.

Onto yard sale number two now.

I got this green lace dress for $1.00. It is not my style but I couldn't pass it up due to the fabric. There is also major damage to the lace so I thought this would be a good project for me.

greenbrocadetwo.jpg

Finally yard sale number four. They had a bunch of patterns and all were the 60's or 70's except for this one. I searched twice because I was going to pick them up for the ladies here. This cost me a dollar.

pattern.jpg

Regarding the pattern above. I am going to have a giveaway here on it. I will draw a name and whoever my son picks can have the pattern FREE!. I only ask that those who are going to definitely use it enter and that they don't buy it for resale. I will work out the details later as I am far too tired now. I spent the better part of last night taking photos of vintage inspired clothes I am going to put on eBay because I have run out of closet space. :eek:

Oh, you lucky girl! That 40's dress is beautiful! I love the pin too. Sign me up for the giveaway. I can't sew worth a lick, but I can definitely have it made for me. ;) Get some rest, dear. Nothing like being tuckered after a long day of shopping for goodies.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Photos by request

Here are some REALLY BAD photos of me in the gown. It fits!! Yay! I do have to slim down slightly in the hips to keep from bulging, but it isn't tight at all. Yay! It was a long day and I have come to the conclusion that I do look like a man in drag :eusa_doh: ... and I have crazy eyes... don't try to convince me otherwise. lol Oh and the color is wonky because I didn't have enough light when I snapped the photos... so I tried to (unsuccessfully) to fix it in PS.

Dude, looks like a lady...
gown01.jpg

She's got CRAZZZZYYYYYY eyes!!!
gown02.jpg

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
cookie - ooo those shoes are darling! I had no idea of their existence.

hotrod_elf - I came home from a shopping trip at a local vintage store yesterday and and believe it or not, I had just bought a dress with a very similar fabric to your pretty checked number! Slightly different styles - mine has kimono sleeves and a back kick pleat but in a 'wiggle' sort of profile too. I tried taking from photos this morning but they didn't turn out. I'll try again later.

But in the meantime, I've also been wanting to share this suit that I adore. I bought it early in the spring on eBay and it's my favorite work outfit:
0005gk93

This is an opera coat with the coolest sparkly buttons also from eBay. I know an opera coat and a suit don't really go together, but they photograph well together:
0005hhq3

Jen

Kimberly

Practically Family
:eek: Laughing Magpie! Both of those items are stunning! I love the color of the suit!!!

I picked up a 40's blazer today for $3.00 at a flea market and some women's mags for $1.00 each that are 40's. I did very well again today.

Here is a pic of the jacket as well as a pic of my yellow dress with a thin ribon type belt that I promised.

yellowdresshairrolls.jpg

yellowdressinsun.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
But in the meantime, I've also been wanting to share this suit that I adore. I bought it early in the spring on eBay and it's my favorite work outfit:
0005gk93

Wow i have that exact same suit but in bright coral, its a really lovely suit, and it looks really nice in lilac!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou