Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks Lolita. That dress you bought looks so pretty on you. You look like someone right out of a Hollywood movie!!

Pigeon, I absolutely LOVE that dress!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
greenxxl.jpg

just bought this. it's green and white striped incase you can't tell cos it's a bit pixelated.i was so excited about it so i showed my mom, who told me it was horrid. now i'm worried. :eek:

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
thanks miss kimberly! i thought it would look beatiful with a crinoline slip underneath and a cardy. it even has little art deco style striped panels on the breast. i think she's worried cos i usually wear black or dark red.

xxx

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
sophia la shok said:
greenxxl.jpg

just bought this. it's green and white striped incase you can't tell cos it's a bit pixelated.i was so excited about it so i showed my mom, who told me it was horrid. now i'm worried. :eek:

Oh my god, so your the one who outbid me on the dress lol I'm glad it went to a lounger, It will look great on you ;)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Daisy, what a fabulous haul you got. I have a curling iron the same and I use it nearly every day. Mine has a pink handle.

Lolita, that frock is stunning!!!

Pink Dahlia, cute shirts.

Viviene, wow, those hats took my breath away, just beautiful.

pigeon toe, I love the colour and pattern on you dress.

sophia la shok, that dress will be lovely for summer, green and white always look so cool.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Old Photos

I picked up some old photos today...

I just thought this was a cute photo.
vintagephoto0008.jpg

I like this one... A sailor, a gentelman, and a lady.
vintagephoto0010.jpg

She's pretty and I love the dress.
vintagephoto0011.jpg

Dubbed the Gloria Swanson photo. :)
vintagephoto0009.jpg

"5/16/43 Best Regards Pearl"
vintagephoto0013.jpg

Love the outfits!
vintagephoto0001.jpg

I love the young gal's dress and shoes... and the lady laughing off to the right!
vintagephoto0003.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Marcella

We named this girl Marcella... see if you can figure out why. :)

Marcella with boyfriend.
vintagephoto0012.jpg

Iceskating with boyfriend.
vintagephoto0007.jpg

Marcella and her boys.
vintagephoto0014.jpg

Marcella.
vintagephoto0006.jpg

Marcella and parasol.
vintagephoto0002.jpg

Older Marcella with flower in her hair.
vintagephoto0004.jpg

Older Marcella with friend.
vintagephoto0005.jpg

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Hey, those turned out great! We sure had fun looking through those! Marcella was certainly the glamour girl! The Gloria Swanson one is still my favorite.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
LolitaHaze said:
Here are some REALLY BAD photos of me in the gown. It fits!! Yay! I do have to slim down slightly in the hips to keep from bulging, but it isn't tight at all. Yay! It was a long day and I have come to the conclusion that I do look like a man in drag :eusa_doh: ... and I have crazy eyes... don't try to convince me otherwise. lol Oh and the color is wonky because I didn't have enough light when I snapped the photos... so I tried to (unsuccessfully) to fix it in PS.

Dude, looks like a lady...
gown01.jpg

She's got CRAZZZZYYYYYY eyes!!!
gown02.jpg

Ok, wow. This is amazingly beautiful and super rare. I've been wanting one of these since I first saw The Women- Paulette Goddard wears a great hooded dress in that- totally fashionable abt 39-40. Very cool.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
goldwyn girl said:
Daisy, what a fabulous haul you got. I have a curling iron the same and I use it nearly every day. Mine has a pink handle.

Lolita, that frock is stunning!!!

Pink Dahlia, cute shirts.

Viviene, wow, those hats took my breath away, just beautiful.

pigeon toe, I love the colour and pattern on you dress.

sophia la shok, that dress will be lovely for summer, green and white always look so cool.

Thanks Goldwyn! The one I got has a pink handle too:) I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I've been holding off on curling my hair for about a week. Needed to give it a chemical rest!

Lolita those pictures are all so lovely! Love the hair, and I especially like the one of the man and the woman ice skating:)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
GoldwynGirl... I know... and as much as I love old photos, they always make me feel a bit sad, because these photos were precious to someone at sometime and here they are years later, not cared about... sold to strangers. :(

OHairas... Isn't her hair incredible!!??

Red... Too bad my neck started to hurt. Ouch! But yeah... The "Gloria Swanson" photo is dated 1948. :)

Lauren... Thank you. I am so excited about it. I wanted a hood since I saw Casablanca. I ordered it as soon as I saw it. While I was waiting for it I saw the Women for the first time and loved the one that Paulette Goddard was wearing too!!

Daisy... Hehehehe isn't Marcella and her boyfriend just too adorable?!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
sophia la shok said:
greenxxl.jpg

That dress is cute! My mum still doesn't really 'get' the vintage look and thinks my 50s beaded cardigans are horrible! lol

Foofoogal

Banned
Buying for sure more than I am selling. :p

OT:In reference to the Marcella pixs have you all seen the family photos and other photos in the Display case forum here at AB. Fabulous.
I picked up also a few years back a wedding shower/memory book from a lady during the 1940s for $5.00. Even has a birth certificate and war memories like hankie and photos and pictures meticulously done with even little wallpaper scraps of first apt. and such. I have tried everywhere to find some family member of these. Seriously sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic