Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
I salute you, Sunny, on an ebay auction hard-fought! I'm the one who almost won that sweater suit! :) Wear it well, my friend. I'm glad it's going to a great home.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Sunny, I was prepared to bid on that but it didn't fit! It is absolutely lovely and I was longing for it as soon as it got listed! I am so happy it went to a Powder Room lady!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sunny I totally forgot to bid on that dress!! I'm so happy it went to someone here, you will look lovely in it:)

Laura, I totally hear you about the critical Mom thing. Lucky for me, my Dad is the least critical person I know, so he even things out a lot and tends to defend me if he hears my Mom getting that critical tone. Maybe it has something to do with our names. Our Mom's our critical, and you and my sister have the same name:) Probably just a coincidence, but maybe critical women like the name Laura! I really like the patterns you got, and welcome to The Lounge:D

Sunny

One Too Many
Thanks so much, ladies! I forgot to bid on two or three things over the weekend (grr... I know how you feel, Daisy!) - and our DSL was acting up, too. I had to place the bid from another computer, then dash back and forth to check the progress. Talk about nerve-wracking.

Yikes, I tremble at how many of you saw that and wanted it or didn't bid. Now I'm really unbelieving.

Laughing Magpie - I'm so sorry! I didn't even see you'd bid until I checked right after it ended. :(

Pink - That's great to know. This is my first purchase from her. I have an idea I'll be adding her to my favorite sellers list.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
This was the best pic of this dress I could get with the dreaded cell phone timer. Had to prop it up and run and dash lol
Finially got a new digi, found a cord that goes with it, so of course the batteries are dead.... :p ahh, the way things go...what the hey.
I had got a $20 gift card for mothers day to spend at Ross, and after many aggrivating trips and headaches from the dissaray and mass mayham (it's amazing that thrift stores are more organized) at 3 different stores I finially found a few items that I liked. I purchased a 2 cute run of the mill modern tank tops for the killer heat and this adorable summer dress. I only had to pay the 1 and some change more than the gift card for the grand total, not bad at all.

Its a halter top style dress and also ties in the back.

Photo0102-1.jpg

Photo0101-1.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
sophia la shok said:
pink- that dress is tres jolie!
very nice.
i'm so envious, you seem to find the best dresses. :p

Aw thanks so much. :eek:

There are a lot of dresses that go way beyond my means though. You ladies only see what I can afford.

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
Sunny - No need whatsoever for apologizing! :D
Great minds think alike and we're all going to run into each other at auctions sometimes. I put my max into a snipe bid and just let fate take it's course. It's always nice to see the ones that got away go to a Lounger!

vintagelaura - I love the patterns! Especially that 30s one! I've bought patterns from that seller before too - she has a great 20s and 30s selection.
Actually, I just "went to town" with the same seller yesterday since she's selling some Delineator Butterick Magazines. I'm now the expectant owner of 7 issues from 1932 to 1933, including this one which asks the burning question: "Do You Believe In Birth Control?"! I can't wait :)

00089dg1

Jen

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, that is so cool Laughing Magpie!! I've been adding to my vintage reading materials too. I just bought about 8 Live magazines from the 30's and 40's, including 2 fall fashion issues and one spring/summer fashion review. I can't wait til' they arrive:) The magazines you won seem really cool! Let us know what they are like when they arrive.

Rockapin, Faythe and Pink your dresses are all so lovely, and so very pink! My favorite color I'm always on the lookout for it but it seems that there is a certain vintage loving gal who is buying out all the vintage Pink items to be had[huh] I wonder who that would be:rolleyes: :p lol I can't blame her though, she looks great in it:) But if you see something that doesn't fit you and you want it to go to a good home and it might possibly be my size please do PM me the link:D Very pretty dresses to you all, we really should get together and do a calendar, maybe for some sort of charity or something. Not only would that be great, but the shoot would be a hoot (ok that's just silly, but I had to write it )
I haven't bought anything off the bay in almost a week in almost a week, except for the magazines, but those don't count because they're not clothes:D The withdrawals aren't too bad, but I did put some things on my watch list tonight. I'm trying to be good, I'm going back to Europe in the fall and I want to save up for that, but I honestly don't know how long I'll last. Besides, I'm having a new closet built this week, and I don't know how big it will be, it really depends on what's behind the wall I am having torn down. But, if my estimations are correct it's gonna be pretty big. So, I'll finally have a place for the piles of stuff all over my bedroom:D It will also motivate me to go through all of these piles, get rid of a lot of stuff and figure out what I haven't worn in ages so I can sell it in my little ebay store. Don't worry ladies, you'll all have advance notice as to when my auctions will come up:) I love it so much, but a lot of it no longer fits, so it really is just taking up space. I want to see it go to a good home, and could use the money to make up for what I spent over the past month.....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Sunny that is one of the most delightful vintage dresses I have ever seen! It will look great on your figure!

Faythe, I love that dress on you! You droppin' weight?? Sure looks like it!

Nikki

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Wow ladies! You've all found such great things, I've been avoiding this thread, cause whenever I see these awesome finds I want to go shopping:eusa_doh: lol

Pink the tie sleeved dress is amazing! I may have to steal it out of your closet:D lol

Sunny that blue dress is just darling, it'll look so sweet on you:)

Nikki that skirt is so fun! :)

I was lulled by the security of my new job(I was laid off at the beginning of the month) and I indulged in this little treasure I figured it was an okay treat

NavyPin.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Chiming in at how adorable Sunny's dress is--I can just see it with a cute little hat! Will you post pictures of yourself in it when it arrives?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Sunny that is one of the most delightful vintage dresses I have ever seen! It will look great on your figure!

Faythe, I love that dress on you! You droppin' weight?? Sure looks like it!

Nikki
A bit, the dress has a great cut to it to, to flatter the figure. I'm still trying to figure out if that dress is made larger or if I have lost more inches than I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy