Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lolita I think that hooded gown looks smashing on you, you do NOT look like a dude, lol!
Love the bottom pic with the hood up. SO totally hollywood!
Nikki

Sunny

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Chiming in at how adorable Sunny's dress is--I can just see it with a cute little hat! Will you post pictures of yourself in it when it arrives?

I certainly will - once I can be decent in it! lol I'm bidding on a blue slip to wear underneath.

I really want some cute 1930s hats. But I suffer from a large head (~23), a lack of places to wear them, and really too much hair for the 1930s. There are a couple I'm watching right now, though... I have a pretty little straw sailor/skimmer probably from the 1940s that might look nice for now. Hmm...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Rockapin-up said:
Here's what I just won
DSC03730.jpg

What precious flowers those are on the pockets! Supercute!! And its PINK!!

LD

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
All you ladies buy such lovely things! I haven't been buying much lately(clothes-wise, that is), but I got a cook book called "Meta Given's Modern Encyclopedia of Cooking vol 1, copyright 1947 in a thrift store for 5 zloty.(That's what, $1.75?)

:eek:fftopic: If you're wondering why a thrift store in Poland has stuff in English, it's because all the merchandise is imported from England.(They must have to many things)
Anyway, I got the book because of the title. I needed to see what was modern cooking in 1947. (It is very interesting; it has a complete year of menus, including breakfast, luncheon, and dinner.)
Today's dinner was supposed to be:
Veal Baked in Cream,
Riced Potatoes,
Buttered Carrots,
Molded Ginger Ale salad,
Rhubarb Pie

To be back on topic, Miss Sunny's blue dress is exquisite, and I hope you win the blue slip!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I bought a hat today!

l_d10e3cd75b2b4498e7f137edbd268327.jpg

And one more thing. But you don't get to see the piece de resistance until tomorrow. Aren't you just dying to know what it is? ;)

Hep Kitten

New in Town
LolitaHaze said:
Pink... Thank you. I am so excited... I can't wait til I can wear it out!!

ShooshooBaby... I have only seen these dresses in movies... I love it so much! It needs a good cleaning, but I am happy with it nonetheless.

Laughing magpie... That suit is darling! And the opera coat... smashing!!!

Kimberly... You look so sweet in your new clothes! Wonderful choices!!

ImOldFashioned... Thank you... I just feel so broad in the shoulders. lol

MaryDeluxe... It is funny that you say that, because I was having a bit of trouble trying to stuff all my hair back there... I can only imagine how puffy it looks in the back.

HepKitten... Thank you. :) Ooh... so close... Crazy eyes came from How I Met Your Mother when Marshal was dating that new girl... and Ted and Barney could see the Crazy Eyes. :)

Shearer... That dress is too divine! I just want to rip it off you and wear it myself!!

Esther May... I bet that dress is going to look fabulous while twirling!

Pigeon Toe... That dress is a beaut!

Doh! I watch that one too! Such funny shows! lol

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Rockapin-up said:
Just won this one :)
DSCN10690075.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN10680074.jpg
[/IMG]

All the curvaceous gals seem to have been watching the same items. That is gorgeous. I almost bid on it too. I am so afraid to buy something that won't fit. I'd rather buy a little bigger and have it taken in. Did you see that navy blue polka dot dress that was just darling? Congrats on your find, Rockapin!

Hep Kitten

New in Town
My turn...

Not VBO, but quite pricey, but I just had to have it as it's new old stock.

dress1.jpg

dress2.jpg

dress3.jpg

My hat and earrings arrived too, all in MINT condition, so I'll have to snap a few pics soon. I'm just waiting on two dresses.

I also watching some very fairly priced dresses that end in a few days, so wish me luck! And, btw, gals, great finds (as ever)! :D

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hep that is a snazzy dress!! Love the loops!

I have to say, you seem so worried about your waist size but with gams like that, who cares! You're gorgeous and I'm jealous!
Nikki

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
hep, cute dress!

and i hear ya on the waist worries... by modern AND vintage standards mine is too big for my bust and hips, so it eliminates a lot of dress possibilities for me, too!

catspyjamas

New in Town
I hope the photos show up ! These are my most recent purchases : The knit dress and the Brewster tulip dot dress are from ebay USA. The brown/teal dress and the 50's seersucker with paisley were bought here, in Paris.

051707012d_010.jpg

brewster.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo