Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shoo Shoo and Amy Jeanne, you both got some really cool purchases!!!! Love them all:)

Shearer you made me crack up when you described what your friend said!! The bustier is beautiful. I totally understand what you're talking about in regards to lingerie prices. It's all so darn frustrating[huh]

Esther May

New in Town
Just purchased this gem last night...
WFP1.jpg

$15 excluding shipping & handling ;)

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
BeBopBaby said:
Just got these Faryl Robin shoes off of eBay for $10.50. That's right, I got a $150.00 pair of shoes for $10.50! I love a good bargain!

OMG! :eek: Way to go! Those are great looking shoes, too! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
MissBella...FREE!! now that's a deal! Love the drink set too!
Bebop...LOVE those shoes!

This I got back from the dry cleaners the other week. It's from that estate sale I went to. Anyone have an idea about the date of the dress? I'm thinking late 30's early 40's. Cleaned up very nice and fits like a glove! Now if I could only get the boyfriend to take me out somewhere fancy ;)

P6110001.jpg

P6110002.jpg

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Sunny said:
A pink knit dress! I'm in love with these knit dresses. I think because they're nicer for the office than cotton prints, but can feel casual and comfortable anyway.
It went for 7¢ less than my maximum bid. :eek:
PINKKNITDRESS.jpg

Sunny, I'm in love with the pink dress. What great luck on getting it! Whoo hoo!

I too have a think for knit dresses. They are just so comfy and cute!

Really nice find!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
Just got these Faryl Robin shoes off of eBay for $10.50. That's right, I got a $150.00 pair of shoes for $10.50! I love a good bargain!

3832-301597-p.jpg

Those are stunning!

Keep up the good shopping ladies! I'm on a rather tight budget right now, since I'm saving up to buy a house (and FYI--prices for houses in the Bay Area are completely absurb!) I enjoy living vicarously through all of your gorgeous purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All I can say is WOW!! You gals certainly know how to shoppe!!!!
Mary that dress is stunning. Those black crepe dresses with the interesting gathers at all the right places are my favorite type of vintage dress. The workmanship that goes into such a piece to creat those gathers, lines, fishtails and such are one of the reasons why I love vintage clothing!! Your dress is beautiful!!! I have a few dresses similar to this one, and my vintage dealer Bobby has dated them late 30's early 40's. It's really hard to estimate an exact year when it comes to this particular time frame. It does have a metal zipper so that's what makes it at least late 30's. Don't wait for the guy to take you out someplace fancy. If you want to dress up, go for it, even if it's just for a leisurely stroll around the block!!! Although with a dress like that, your man should be taking you out!! Tell him I told him to!!:D

Sari, love the pattern. Make sure you show us the finished product! I'm sure it will look lovely on you!!

Bella, all your purchases are great too! I love the brown bag. It looks like it is in excellent condition. I've been on the hunt for a bar set like that. I'm watching a few on the bay right now, but I just love the one you got!! Love the necklace as well:)

BeBop, I love those Farryl Robin shoes!! I love all Farryl Robin shoes, but I really loved that pair in particular. I just never bought them because I could never find them in my size for the right price. Just to let you know, Farryl Robbin makes some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I have 4 pairs, and I love each and every one of them. They are the only heels that I own that i can actually wear for more than a few hours. Also they are really well made. What an amazing price!! You are so lucky!!
If you end up liking the brand check in with www.endless.com they usually have this brand, and although not a low priced as what you paid, definitely cheaper than what they are selling for at other places. Enjoy them and let us know how they fit:)

Esther, what a very pretty dress!! It's gonna look lovely on you.

I hope when you ladies get all your pretty things you'll post pictures of you wearing them:)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Wow, everyone's been getting such great stuff! I'm going home in a few days and will be putting up about a million things on Ebay (including some vintage, I'll let ya'll know in the classifieds!) so after I'm done with that hopefully I'll have enough money to go on a tremendous shopping spree!

MaryDeluxe, that dress is gorgeous. You must've gone to an amazing estate sale! Usually the ones I go to have great accessories, but never great clothes. It's simply gorgeous!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Man I love San Francisco.

DSC00608.jpg

Found this at the craft fair that is held twice a week in Civic Center plaza. I had see her items before (all from Indoneisa) but she vanished for a couple of weeks and there she was this moring! Yay.

I picked it up for $10 BOAT NECK!! Whoo hoo!
So, soooooo 50's! :D

DSC00609.jpg

LD

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Thank you Daisy! You are very right about the attention to detail and the fine tailored construction on these types of vintage dresses. This dress is definetly well made and it amazes me how flattering and sexy this dress is to wear.

I love just thinking about what the original owner might have been doing or going when she had this dress on! Am I just weird or do other people wonder about the past lives of their clothing too?

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
MaryDeluxe, that dress is gorgeous. You must've gone to an amazing estate sale! Usually the ones I go to have great accessories, but never great clothes. It's simply gorgeous!

Thank you... I went to an estate sale about 2 months ago and bought a little old ladie's wardrobe 30's-80's. I have been slowly getting things cleaned and posting pictures as I go:D She had lots of stuff and some things weren't stored very well so, it's taking me awhile.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Mary the dress is gorgeous. I agree about the tucks, pleats, fishtails, ect! And no, you are not alone, I constantly wonder who wore my dresses before~what they looked like~where they lived~what they did~how old they were......

Lady Day that is awesome, love the cut work embroidery/whatever it is!

Bebob those shoes are amazing.

Miss Bella, great free finds! Oh, I miss the free find days. I haven't BEEN anywere to get lucky!

Nikki

LadyStardust

Practically Family
51004481_o.jpg

It's been a long time. And I couldn't stay away after catching up with this thread a little bit, and marvelling at all the lovely things you ladies have gotten.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Here are my latest:

Free:
blkprs.jpg

That is very awesome, and for free! Lucky! Is it 50s?

I just got a similar-ish shaped bag for my birthday, from my mum, who got it from an antiques fair. But I have no idea when it might be from as I am terrible at dating anything. It could be from the 80s for all I know (not that I mind, I think it is cool anyway!)

Here is a picture -

542434745_70b3493f3c.jpg

It's gold leather with the little leopard inserts. No name or label. It's lighter gold leather inside, with a metal-zipped inner pocket. Any ideas when it might date from? I probably should post this in the "Help me date this item" thread...if I can find it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran