Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
That is very awesome, and for free! Lucky! Is it 50s?

I just got a similar-ish shaped bag for my birthday, from my mum, who got it from an antiques fair. But I have no idea when it might be from as I am terrible at dating anything. It could be from the 80s for all I know (not that I mind, I think it is cool anyway!)

Here is a picture -

542434745_70b3493f3c.jpg

It's gold leather with the little leopard inserts. No name or label. It's lighter gold leather inside, with a metal-zipped inner pocket. Any ideas when it might date from? I probably should post this in the "Help me date this item" thread...if I can find it!

CUTE! Wanna trade? ;) I really don't know when mine is from either but it was with a ton of 50's NOS Lane Bryant stuff so I assume it's from that same era.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Farryl Robbin makes some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I have 4 pairs, and I love each and every one of them. They are the only heels that I own that i can actually wear for more than a few hours.

Daisy, thanks for the feedback on Faryl Robin shoes. I'm excited to get them now. I have trouble with with my feet and can't wear a lot of high heels, so I'm happy to hear this from you. I've heard good things about the comfort of the shoes, but never wanted to pay $150.00 for a pair of shoes that I may not be able to wear. :)

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Oooh I finally get to join in!

I got these two patterns on EBay.
pattern1.jpg

pattern2.jpg

And found this hat for just £4.50 in a local charity shop!
hat1.jpg

So I'm thinking of making one of those dresses in a green silky fabric with dark blue accents to match the hat, what do you think?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
won this today by less than 50 cents! more than I wanted to pay, but I HAD to have it :)

parue_pink_a.jpg

also got this recently. Now I want matching earrings

000_0294.jpg

anabolina

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
won this today by less than 50 cents! more than I wanted to pay, but I HAD to have it :)

parue_pink_a.jpg

also got this recently. Now I want matching earrings

000_0294.jpg
Oh, I love both sets, but esspecially the second set. I love the shape and blue color.

sasky

New in Town
Cartoon0004.jpg

My first post! (well besides possible the longest introduction ever)

I bought these yesterday as well as a beautiful coat i still have to photograph!

The girl in Alannah Hill (an Australian brand, very very girlie and vintage inspired) had them on and i lamented because i can't afford Alannah hill but turns out they were from the store down the road. I wanted them in red but alas again not in my size! (37's).

The black ones are beautiful though! Such a high heel too!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BeBopBaby said:
Daisy, thanks for the feedback on Faryl Robin shoes. I'm excited to get them now. I have trouble with with my feet and can't wear a lot of high heels, so I'm happy to hear this from you. I've heard good things about the comfort of the shoes, but never wanted to pay $150.00 for a pair of shoes that I may not be able to wear. :)

No problem BeBop!! I know what you're going through with feet problems. My feet swell, and the doctors don't even know why, but it's bad enough that if I'm out for more than a few hours I usually bring an extra pair of shoes in a bigger size. Of course, I could wear sneakers and be much more comfortable, but they just don't go with any of my outfits!!!

Fleur, your new bag is really cute!! Happy belated birthday:)

Kitty, your purchases are awesome too!! I really love the first set, oooh pink flowers!! Me want!!!:D (by the way, I know I've said this before but your avatar still cracks me up every time I see it!)

Kitsche you really scored big with your purchases!! What wonderful patterns!

Goldwyn that dress is lovely!

Great shoes sasky, and welcome to the lounge:)

klara

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic:
I'm having a real big problem. There are two pair of shoes out on ebay that I would love to bid on but the seller refuse to ship to sweden. I have even tried to bribe her. [huh]
Do anyone know any company that can help you bid on US only auctions?
I would love to display the shoes on this page, but as it seems I'll guess I have to post them at the one that got away :(

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Thank you Daisy and Mary, you are too, too sweet. If I could blush I would, but I've never been able to, so a smiley will have to suffice.:eek:

TheKitschGoth- It's good to see you around, and great buys! What a pretty hat, that blue is just gorgeous! And I'm just mad for that red dress pattern! All of them are beautiful, and I wish you good luck with them!

goldwyn girl- What a sweet dress! I like that it's subdued, but like you said, the special collar really makes it stand out, and have a character all on its own! Very nice!:)

Kitty T- Those are absolutely wonderful, I think they're completely worth whatever you paid! I actually can't decide if I can pick a favorite, they're both just delightful! The blue is so perfectly deco, and I just love the pink flowers and contrasting centers.

Fleur De Guerre & Bella Hell- Those are both great bags! What marvelous style! :)

klara

One of the Regulars
Viviene said:
Klara,

Does she say why she won't ship to Sweden? How strange.

She just doesn't want to. I even offered to pay 40USD in a "handling fee" hoping that it would change her mind, but no. :(
So, If anyone is wants 40USD just talk to me ;)

decodoll

Practically Family
Everyone's purchases are so lovely, and this thread moves so fast nowadays! I'm having a really hard time keeping up! One would think now that I work from home it would be easier to keep up, eh!? Anyhow, I had all but given up on winning any dresses on ebay anymore. Everything I want goes for so much! Until last night! I got this dress for $29.00!! Far, far, far below my top bid! :D

ab45_1.JPG

...and here are some things I got at the Reading WWII Airshow. Not pictured is probably my favourite out of everything. A deadstock WWII vintage women's work jumper in pale blue with little puffed sleeves. I'll have to get the boyfriend to take a picture of me in it sometime. Taking a picture on a hanger really doesn't do it justice. :)

ReadingJewelry.jpg

SweetheartHankie.jpg

StrawberrySkirt.jpg

RedWhiteDress.jpg

and the pattern which the seller gave me for free! :D

ReadingPattern.jpg

Yeah....I was bored and taking pics of stuff in the hotel room in DC after Reading while the boyfriend was at a conference....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran