Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I got these darling BCBGirls shoes at Nordstrom's today on sale:

126331POO1R.jpg

Mine are exactly the same as those in the photo except they are more of a lower platform (not a wedge) and a slingback. They are so cute, and exactly like this shoe from a more expensive brand I saw 6 months ago that I was dying to have. Good thing I held out!

Adele

One of the Regulars
Zaika: Thank you for the compliment on the skirt! I do like your purchases as well. Especially the hat and marcel waiver.

Cherry Red: I wish my quick pics would look as nice as yours. Lovely hat though. :)

Glass Susie: I'm going with everyone on this - that photograph of you and your boys is just precious.

40sprincess: All I can say about your purchases is, how cute!

Honestly, I could just go on complimenting everyone on their items. Everyone here has such good taste.

Josephine

One Too Many
The hat I got on VBO came today, it's definitely not white though, more a light tan. Ah well, I'm debating on taking off the bow and just rotating different colors to match what I'm wearing anyway. :) The auction said it was a portrait hat, and it sits very high on the head as you can see. It almost feels too small for me. :D Which it very well may be, I have a big head. ;)

hat2.gif
hat1.gif
hat3.gif

40sprincess

New in Town
:)

Josephine said:
40sprincess, both are very nice. Where did you get them?

The first green dress was from a charity shop! and the little jumpsuit is from Topshop the high street store. I love it! I wish it was warm enough to wear... but the wedges are soooo high! I am going to break my neck for sure. Oh my! the price we pay to look devine!
x

40sprincess

New in Town
Adele said:
Zaika: Thank you for the compliment on the skirt! I do like your purchases as well. Especially the hat and marcel waiver.

Cherry Red: I wish my quick pics would look as nice as yours. Lovely hat though. :)

Glass Susie: I'm going with everyone on this - that photograph of you and your boys is just precious.

40sprincess: All I can say about your purchases is, how cute!

Honestly, I could just go on complimenting everyone on their items. Everyone here has such good taste.

Thank you!!!! x

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I've had a bit of luck with bags this week! The first 3 bags are from those buy/sell/trade vintage shops which are like a jumble sale but if you take your time to look you can find some great stuff. They don't really know how to price their items and reduce them constantly so I usually get good bargains.

1950s wicker bag. I didn't realise that one of the flowers is broken but I don't think it looks too bad.

wickerbag.jpg

Straw bag with a nice frame and satin lining. I'm unsure of when this could be from, anybody have any idea?

strawbag.jpg

Heavy beaded bag with lovely frame detail. I've been looking for an evening bag for some time now that wasn't stupidly expensive. Again, unsure of how old it is...50s?

beadedbag1.jpg

beadedbag2.jpg

Black patent cosmetic case with bamboo handle (charity shop)

bamboobag-1.jpg

1950s beaded cardigan (Rokit)

cream50scardie.jpg

Rhinestone necklace (Ebay)

rhinestonenecklace.jpg

I got this 1950s bracelet from the Chelsea vintage fair last week but one of the links has broken already and I haven't even worn it! I am so gutted. I hope I can find a place which can fix it.

50sbracelet1.jpg

50sbracelet2.jpg

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
So wonderfull purchases, Sarah!!!

I had some luck on the fleamarket today and wanna share my finds!

50s glas-holder with glasses: 5 € (about 6,50 $), Deco-dish: 5 €, Cocktail-Shaker 0,50 € (about 80 Cent) 50s recipe mag for free!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
The Deco-Head was about 7 Euro (9 $) and I bought it when I visited my Mom. Those were rather common to hang in your German living room back in the 50s and 60s. Nowadays collectors pay high prices for them. Good luck for me that there seem to be no collectors in the country-side ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore