Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Josephine

One Too Many
After that wonderful blue dress slipped through my fingers (wallet), I got this nice aqua dress:

AquaDress.jpg

It's by L'aiglon, and has eyelet embroidery on the shirt and lace type embroidery on the skirt. Sheer, so I'll need a slip! O.O

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Ladies!!! You all crack me up!!! I think I'm finally full up on burgundy dresses:)

All of you are getting such great items, but my favorite is the Queen Mary compact. That is just marvelous, I want one!!!

I won this last night, I'm pretty thrilled about it, as I've been wanting a big flowy gown like this for some time. I realized after I won it why I liked it so much. In the 80's (scary:eek:) I had a dress very similar to this one, black velvet on the top and black and white plaid on the bottom, except mine was strapless and short. I like this one much better, especially the trainlike back and the bow shoulders. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it'll fit in the bust. It's virtually impossible to find a dress with a 39-40 inch bust and a 28 inch waist!!! So, I've been having to buy larger sizes and have them tailored, which is a royal pain in the bust!! That's why I'm liking the knit outfits lately. But I'm hoping with a corset this one won't be too uncomfortable in the bust. I also got it for a pretty decent price. It went for about half of what I was planning on paying for it, so I'm psyched about that:)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family

[/QUOTE]
Gorgeous! It has elements of Scarlett O'Hara about it for me.
Good luck with the fit I know what you mean about the big bust little waist dilemma. It would look great with a big picture hat.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it'll fit in the bust. It's virtually impossible to find a dress with a 39-40 inch bust and a 28 inch waist!!! So, I've been having to buy larger sizes and have them tailored, which is a royal pain in the bust!! That's why I'm liking the knit outfits lately. But I'm hoping with a corset this one won't be too uncomfortable in the bust. I also got it for a pretty decent price. It went for about half of what I was planning on paying for it, so I'm psyched about that:)

It's not impossible...at all. That is my size, and almost all my dresses, vintage size 16, are exactly that measurement. Are you sure you're measuring yourself correctly?

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks ladies:D

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
It's not impossible...at all. That is my size, and almost all my dresses, vintage size 16, are exactly that measurement. Are you sure you're measuring yourself correctly?

Yes, I recently got measured by a seamstress because of losing weight. It seems that most of the things I come across lately either have too small a waist or too big a waist. I've also not been coming across much with around a 40 bust. I'm finding plenty of 36's and 42/44, but not too many 40's. Especially not 40's with a 28/29 waist. But this is just because the only place I've been looking recently is ebay. I'm gonna have to make the rounds to the local shoppes, maybe I'll have more luck there!

Daisy Buchanan

imoldfashioned said:

That's a graphic lovely! It looks so 40's too.

Thank You IMOF!! Yes I think it's 40's too. I've been hunting for the perfect 30's evening gown. You know the kind, silky, bias cut with a fish tail, just very elegant, but all the ones I've come across lately are either really tiny or really really expensive. But, when I saw this gown I instantly fell in love with it. It doesn't have that sexy glamor of a 30's gown but it has that classic elegance of a mid to late 40's gown. I just hope that it's not too much dress for my short height. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Oh, did I mention that it was really reasonably priced for a 40's ball gown in perfect condition!! Yipeeee!!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
A great dress Daisy!!! I love i!

kpreed Those coats are a great reason to look forward to winter! You both gonna look so glamourous

LadyStardust what a nice colourfull dress! It will surely put you in fall-mood, but won´t look too depressive when fall finally comes!

Josephine so lovely! I love the colour!

pattygoody

New in Town
Caved on this baby!

I adore the 40's, but as I was perusing vintage clothes sites, this red dress just said BUY ME!!! LOL The mail truck is here, so I hope my dress is here, too!
redress1.jpg

Adele

One of the Regulars
BegintheBeguine said:
OOH! Let the cold winds blow! You two will look super.

I most definitely agree with that statement!

Here in one photo is my recent two purchases:
DSCF0988.jpg

While the shoes aren't vintage, the hat most certainly is. Here is a better photograph of it:

1493.JPG

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Adele said:
I most definitely agree with that statement!

Here in one photo is my recent two purchases:
DSCF0988.jpg

Great color match between the hat and the shoes! Are those shoes that pair from Clark's? Gosh, they're cute.

Adele

One of the Regulars
katylouise said:
And I found this gorgeous navy blue linen jacket with paste buttons (by a local company, which makes it even more special!) at a vintage store...it goes with the blouse perfectly! I think I'm going to go vintage button shopping to replace the paste rhinestone buttons, because they're in a bit of a state.

40s2.jpg

40s3.jpg

40s4.jpg

(look @ those asymetrical pockets! I love them!)

That jacket looks grand on you!

You will have to forgive me for my randomness but I've heard there is a lot of vintage stores in Houston. Would you know if that is the case? Because if so, I ought to go!

Adele

One of the Regulars
imoldfashioned said:
Great color match between the hat and the shoes! Are those shoes that pair from Clark's? Gosh, they're cute.

I know! I was like, "Hooray for my first match of shoes and hat!". Indeed they are from Clark's. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara