Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
Mojito - Gorgeous!... the early 30's is definitely my era, just in case you ever get tired of this beaut ;)

pennycarrol - your pictures are not showing up :(

Jen

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lilli Ann Suit

I bought this earlier this year. It came with many many stains and a few moth holes and was all bunched up, looking horrible on the rack at an obscure antique store.

I got it cleaned and almost all the stains came out. I tried it on 3x, and just decided I was too short to wear it comfortably. I sold it on ebay earlier this year, but thought you ladies might like to see pics. It really was a beautiful suit.

lilli_1.JPG
lilli_4.JPG

lilli_3.JPG
lilli_7.JPG

lilli_8.JPG

Vintage Betty

katylouise said:
If I could marry a shoe, I'd be taken.

1474528484_ea9bb0f017.jpg

Swoon!

They're actually a lot more blue than shows in the pic. They're just enough vintage-y for me (I'm loving the slight platform, subtle cone heels and the mary-jane strap!). Behind them is a sweet little 50s clutch with a rhinestone strawberry closure I picked up at a thrift store.

Boy I love those shoes! Are they vintage or modern?

VB

Shearer

Practically Family
I feel like I haven't bought anything spectacular worth sharing lately, but then last night I stumbled upon this on Ruby Lane.

Front:
locket1.jpg

Back:
locket2.jpg

It's a WWII sweetheart locket... made of brass. There's a lot of these floating around in necklace, pin, and bracelet form but I was really charmed by the "He's In The Army Now" engraving on the back and couldn't resist :)

One of those vintage pieces I wish could talk.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
I bought this earlier this year. It came with many many stains and a few moth holes and was all bunched up, looking horrible on the rack at an obscure antique store.

I got it cleaned and almost all the stains came out. I tried it on 3x, and just decided I was too short to wear it comfortably. I sold it on ebay earlier this year, but thought you ladies might like to see pics. It really was a beautiful suit.

lilli_1.JPG
lilli_4.JPG

Just amazing - I cannot wait to own a Lilli Ann!

Shearer

Practically Family
Thanks, ladies. I'm glad you found the locket as interesting as I did.

Neecerie - I was just over in the Display Case admiring your new babies ;) I don't think I'd ever leave my bedroom with a vanity like that!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Shearer said:
Thanks, ladies. I'm glad you found the locket as interesting as I did.

Neecerie - I was just over in the Display Case admiring your new babies ;) I don't think I'd ever leave my bedroom with a vanity like that!

The mirror is -huge-.....like almost 4 feet across. Its literally that whole wall!

It's gonna take me ages to get used to having it reflecting odd things in the dark at night.....

Vintage Betty

KittyT said:
I am planning living room redecorations and recently won this 1950s/60s boomerang coffee table:

d3ac_12.JPG

It will look lovely after it's refinished and the tiles are replaced (they are cracked). Will probably do a dark finish with some brightly colored tiles. I love the idea of this! With tiles set into your coffee table, who needs coasters?

Kitty, I have some plain pink vintage tiles if you want them. I think they are from the 20's but they look too small for your table. If interested, send me the measurements you need.

VB

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Summmm stufff

This is a lot of buckles I got off eBay. The tool who sold them took his sweet time (over 3 weeks!) to get them to me, and they were all grimy! SO here they are post cleaning.

The ones in the lower left were the finds.
buckles.jpg

goodfind.jpg

That red buckle is fab, and I found a nice black dress cilp in the bunch as well. Also the brick buttons are glass! I do SO WISH the other part of that green clasp was in the lot. *sigh*

clips.jpg

Here are two more dress clips (the bottom ones) I got at a vintage store closing. The clasp I found antiquing for $10. They are all bakelite/celluloid :)

Also there was this sweater I got from the vintage sale. Its so great and look at the bucking bronko on the back. What school/state is that from, Montana? It looks hand made, and so comfy.

sweaterfront.jpg

sweaterback.jpg

Check out the teeth on that zipper!!!

zipper.jpg

LD

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I just bought a pair of very vintage looking shoes. The designer is Chie Mihara and the shoes are hand made in Spain, the quality is immaculate and they have the most beautiful deep purple color, unfortunately it does not show very well on the photographs. They are made of very velvety soft suede, and the heel is covered in suede also.

I will take a picture of them when I wear them for the first time, I can't wait!

OTE-FRONT(1).jpg

OTE-SIDE(1).jpg

OTE-BACK(1).jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Nice haul on the buckles LD! I can so see you in that sweater too!

And the shoes Laura! I've never heard of that designer-another name to search for (sigh).

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
What school/state is that from, Montana?

sweaterback.jpg

What great finds Lady Day!! The cowboy image looks a lot like the symbol on Wyoming license plates to me, but it could easily be from any of the western states.

Shearer

Practically Family
RetroModelSari - Unfortunately, there's no photos in it :( But I have seen several lockets in the past with photos still in them, which is really neat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick