Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
Vintage Betty those are amazing! Are the iron-ons made to look like stitching? Because in the pics they look stitched.

You ironed the transfers on, and then embroidered the design. They weren't colored or anything usually. You could also use fabric paint, but it doesn't look as nice as the embroidery does.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
and some of us still do these...*grins* because we are sad and crafty....

the market for transfers on ebay..is hopping for the more desirable patterns.

Those ones are super cute and they should clean up nicely with a soak in some oxy clean..I have had great luck with embroidered table clothes and oxyclean.

ShortClara

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
You ironed the transfers on, and then embroidered the design. They weren't colored or anything usually. You could also use fabric paint, but it doesn't look as nice as the embroidery does.

Thanks RedHot! So it's both - neato!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Yesterday, I bought a Starline train case like this one--paid $2 at a charity thrift store:

rl01161l-4832sreo3.jpg

photo from:
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/vintagevault/item/RL-0116?gbase=1

I also bought a vintage 1950s housecoat there. It is white eyelet trimmed in blue & was $1.50.

I went to a $1 store & bought a Jordana lipstick in Radiant Red--beautiful color. Very red, with no other colors coming through.

A bottle of Jordana nail polish in Holiday Red--I'm going to put that on tonight. It is a true red also.

I also bought a pot of cream blush which was too heavy/dark on my pale skin but I discovered it was the perfect shade for my lips. It is also by Jordana, and the color is Blushing Cheeks.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
This is actually a gift.

My brother called and told me about these, and I asked him to get them, and than he turns around and tell me these are a gift! What a great guy! :D

What I find unusual about these is they are extra large, from the entire side of a sackcloth, not the tiny standard size tea cloths you usually find.

He got these from a thrift shop - any idea of actual value? They do have the usual stains and are not pristine.

Vintage Betty

sackcloths1.jpg

sackcloths2.jpg

sackcloths3.jpg

sackcloths4.jpg

Those are fantastic. I'm so envious !!!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
and some of us still do these...*grins* because we are sad and crafty....

the market for transfers on ebay..is hopping for the more desirable patterns.

Those ones are super cute and they should clean up nicely with a soak in some oxy clean..I have had great luck with embroidered table clothes and oxyclean.

Yes on the Oxy-BUT NEVER use it with anything that has metallic printing or rayon-it will lead to sad results. Believe me, I know from experience. :eek:

Miss N-are you a crafty gal too? I can't knit or crochet but I LOVE to embroider. I have roughly fifty million old and new transfers...if you are looking for any particular ones I might have them. PM me sometime! :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Thank you Laura Chase and Dracca.

Vintage Betty those kitty towels are adorable!

Miss Brill, great find! i love that train case!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for all the compliments!

The Tea Towels are embroidered, and probably were done with transfer patterns as previously mentioned.

RedHotRidinHood - Are there supposed to be 8 towels in a set? Do you know which towel is missing?

And for anyone who cares, I posted a series of overcoats here.

Vintage Betty

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks! I found it listed wrong on ebay stores, and I actually like it better than the ones I saw listed right! :) Yay for snooping.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
Thanks for all the compliments!

The Tea Towels are embroidered, and probably were done with transfer patterns as previously mentioned.

RedHotRidinHood - Are there supposed to be 8 towels in a set? Do you know which towel is missing?

And for anyone who cares, I posted a series of overcoats here.

Vintage Betty

They are Days of The Week Towels, and you have a complete set of 7, it looks like.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Lauren said:
I just won this jacket. Yay!
f627_1.JPG

f6f6_1.JPG

I love those! I have a blue one, and I also have a vintage jacket pattern with the transfers for the mexican embroidery designs. I want to make a pink one someday....I have never seen a white one, and it looks like it is in great shape. Good for you! :eusa_clap

pigeon toe

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
I love those! I have a blue one, and I also have a vintage jacket pattern with the transfers for the mexican embroidery designs. I want to make a pink one someday....I have never seen a white one, and it looks like it is in great shape. Good for you! :eusa_clap

I love those jackets as well! A dear friend of my mom's bought me one when I was a baby. It's black and has a yellow donkey on the back. It's excellent!

I just one this vintage sweater and skirt on Ebay yesterday for $37 total. Not bad! Both are from the 40's and just my size. This is the first time I've won something on Ebay in a looooooooooooooong time:

1ef5_12.JPG

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Pretty New to me Dress!

This is something I have been meaning to share for awhile...this dress was a gift to me from someone I hardly know, and I am going to treasure it forever! The woman who gave it to me was someone I met at a bar that we go to, and she commented on the stuff that I wear all the time. She decided that this dress needed to come live with me, and I am very glad that it did! It fits me really well, and I just need to do a few minor repairs to it. The color isn't quite as mottled as it looks-my camera did some weird things to it. The ballerinas are raised on the fabric-and it has Pellon at the waist to stiffen the skirt-it really sticks out that much all by itself! I can hardly wait to take this one dancing, once it cools off a bit more!

BallerinaDress1.JPG

BallerinaDress2.JPG

epr25

Practically Family
RedHotRidinHood said:
This is something I have been meaning to share for awhile...this dress was a gift to me from someone I hardly know, and I am going to treasure it forever! The woman who gave it to me was someone I met at a bar that we go to, and she commented on the stuff that I wear all the time. She decided that this dress needed to come live with me, and I am very glad that it did! It fits me really well, and I just need to do a few minor repairs to it. The color isn't quite as mottled as it looks-my camera did some weird things to it. The ballerinas are raised on the fabric-and it has Pellon at the waist to stiffen the skirt-it really sticks out that much all by itself! I can hardly wait to take this one dancing, once it cools off a bit more!

BallerinaDress1.JPG

BallerinaDress2.JPG

That dress is wonderful! I swaer by wearing vintage and good vintage will come to you. I have had several occasions that what I was wearing opened the door to some cool vintage stuff. That is so cool that this lady gave it to you just to give it a good home. Congrats!:eusa_clap

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
I just bought a pair of very vintage looking shoes. The designer is Chie Mihara and the shoes are hand made in Spain, the quality is immaculate and they have the most beautiful deep purple color, unfortunately it does not show very well on the photographs. They are made of very velvety soft suede, and the heel is covered in suede also.

I will take a picture of them when I wear them for the first time, I can't wait!

OTE-SIDE(1).jpg

OTE-BACK(1).jpg

That's too funny, I got a pair of Chie Miharas last week too, and oxfords too! I can only repeat everything you said about the quality and style.
Mine are like these but in black with navy blue laces. They have perforations in the shape of a bow on the vamp:
GOIABA-FIN.jpg

GOIABA-FRONT(1).jpg

Psst, Tinseltown ... the shoe shop in Ravnsborggade stocks Chie Mihara too, in case you're feeling tempted ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred