Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
I just bought a pair of very vintage looking shoes. The designer is Chie Mihara and the shoes are hand made in Spain, the quality is immaculate and they have the most beautiful deep purple color, unfortunately it does not show very well on the photographs. They are made of very velvety soft suede, and the heel is covered in suede also.

I will take a picture of them when I wear them for the first time, I can't wait!

OTE-FRONT(1).jpg

OTE-SIDE(1).jpg

OTE-BACK(1).jpg
Hvor er de fantastiske!! Er de fra Net-a-porter?
Fik du nogensinde min PM?

ShortClara

One Too Many
Score at the Goodwill!

After searching and searching the dismal jewelry counter at countless goodwills, I finally found a real treasure!

ivory.jpg

I think they might be... ivory? Anyone know for sure form the pics? I LOVE them! AND they were $3. I have to get the courage to wear them, because i have screw back family heirloom jewelry that I rarely wear because I'm so afraid they will come off!

I also found another interesting pair - sterling (I have to polish them). Don't know if they are modern or not, but hey gave me a very deco vibe, so I got them.

deco.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
SO cute ShortClara!!! I don't know if they are ivory or not, but the sure are beautiful!! All the screw backs I've worn have never come off, but I have fat lobes.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
Jo, jeg fik en PM af dig. M?•ske svarede jeg ikke? Jeg kigger p?• det.

I bought the shoes in a shop called Freelance, it is very close to Louis Vuitton on ?òstergade. But they are also available from http://www.chiemihara.com
Nej haha... t?¶nkte at den m?•ske var r??get forbi dig. Kan jo ske med de hersens computere. ;)

Oh hvor fint. M?• da lige ind og kigge.

Can I ask you something? Your skin looks amazing.. what's your skintype and skincare-routine (what do you use)? I am DESPERATELY looking for something new.

Adele

One of the Regulars
I ought to have put this last time I posted, but I completely forgot, silly me:
DSCF0992.jpg

My first vintage wave clips! Now I need to purchase more clips if I want to have enough.

LOL can't you tell I'm totally into Houston shopping!

It's fantastic, I say!

In all honesty though, I ought to be ashamed of myself. Here, a Houston native, without a clue of all the wonderful shops. Thank you for all the help though! Awfully kind of you.

Adele your hat and shoes are great! They are so perfectly matched it's hard to believe that they didn't come together. I was eying up those Clarkes in the shoe shoppe a few days ago. They are so great looking, and so very 20's/early 30's. To find a pair of modern shoes that are not only so very vintage looking but also incredibly comfortable is amazing. It's so nice to see that over the past few years companies like Clarkes are finally starting to make stylish shoes. It used to be that if you wanted comfort you had to sacrifice style. That seems to no longer bee the case. Sofft is another brand that I really love, not just for comfort but they have a great line out this season.

Foremost, thank you! I agree completely on the whole style over comfort, but now it seems like it is changing. Hooray!

The dresses you purchased though... wow! I honestly can visualize the gold one in a movie.

Shearer- that locket is just adorable. I have no other word for it.

Laura Chase- those shoes are wonderful. I honestly love the richness of the color.

This thread always makes me want to go shopping! :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Tinseltown said:
Can I ask you something? Your skin looks amazing.. what's your skintype and skincare-routine (what do you use)? I am DESPERATELY looking for something new.

Thank you! I have no idea what my skin type is, I've always just guessed and then just tried all sorts of different products. My skin changes a lot depending on the season... Right now, I use

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk
Every evening. It's decent enough, it removes makeup, but I'd rather go back to using the Carrot Butter Cleanser from The Organic Pharmacy.

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream
Once in a while, in the morning. I wouldn't reccomend it, go for something similar from Jurlique in stead, like their Face Wash Cream. They have changed the names of their products recently, I think it is called Daily Exfoliating Cream now.

Jurlique Face Oil
Every day. It seems like this product is out of their range now... A shame, it was great. Generally, face oils are amazing to use during the Danish winter. A simple rose hip oil can also do wonders.

The Organic Pharmacy Lip & Eye Cream
Every morning and often during the day too because I get very dry around my eyes. Very good and versatile product. Would prefer if it reduced puffiness even more, though.

The Organic Pharmacy Flower Petal Deep Cleanser & Exfoliating mask
Once a week or so. Very nice, but it's annoying to have to mix it yourself, so next time I'll try one of their other masks.

You can buy all these products online or in Pure Shop in Copenhagen.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
Thank you! I have no idea what my skin type is, I've always just guessed and then just tried all sorts of different products. My skin changes a lot depending on the season... Right now, I use

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk
Every evening. It's decent enough, it removes makeup, but I'd rather go back to using the Carrot Butter Cleanser from The Organic Pharmacy.

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream
Once in a while, in the morning. I wouldn't reccomend it, go for something similar from Jurlique in stead, like their Face Wash Cream. They have changed the names of their products recently, I think it is called Daily Exfoliating Cream now.

Jurlique Face Oil
Every day. It seems like this product is out of their range now... A shame, it was great. Generally, face oils are amazing to use during the Danish winter. A simple rose hip oil can also do wonders.

The Organic Pharmacy Lip & Eye Cream
Every morning and often during the day too because I get very dry around my eyes. Very good and versatile product. Would prefer if it reduced puffiness even more, though.

The Organic Pharmacy Flower Petal Deep Cleanser & Exfoliating mask
Once a week or so. Very nice, but it's annoying to have to mix it yourself, so next time I'll try one of their other masks.

You can buy all these products online or in Pure Shop in Copenhagen.
Thanks!
So you use the oil as a moisturizer? I wonder if it would be good or bad for my very beakoutprone and semi-oily skin?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Tinseltown said:
Thanks!
So you use the oil as a moisturizer? I wonder if it would be good or bad for my very beakoutprone and semi-oily skin?

Yes, I use the oil as a moisturizer in winter, in summer I use a lighter cream. I can't say for sure because skin breaks out for different reasons. It might be hormonal or something with your diet... From my experience, it is seldomly because of bad skin care that skin breaks out in zits. So if your skin breaks out a lot, you might want to see your doctor about it. Since this is off topic, let's rather write private messages about it. :)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wartime Sackcloth Teatowels

This is actually a gift.

My brother called and told me about these, and I asked him to get them, and than he turns around and tell me these are a gift! What a great guy! :D

What I find unusual about these is they are extra large, from the entire side of a sackcloth, not the tiny standard size tea cloths you usually find.

He got these from a thrift shop - any idea of actual value? They do have the usual stains and are not pristine.

Vintage Betty

sackcloths1.jpg

sackcloths2.jpg

sackcloths3.jpg

sackcloths4.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aren't they cute?

My favorite, and my brother's is the V for Victory. They also go well with this $5 pillow I found a few weeks ago and listed earlier in this thread.

pillow_bo_peep.JPG

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
This is actually a gift.

My brother called and told me about these, and I asked him to get them, and than he turns around and tell me these are a gift! What a great guy! :D

What I find unusual about these is they are extra large, from the entire side of a sackcloth, not the tiny standard size tea cloths you usually find.

He got these from a thrift shop - any idea of actual value? They do have the usual stains and are not pristine.

Vintage Betty

sackcloths1.jpg

sackcloths2.jpg

sackcloths3.jpg

sackcloths4.jpg

A set like that (and complete!) would go on eBay for between $50-75 average, possibly more if you could get the stains out. Those were made from hot iron transfers-a set I would dearly love to find! Great score!:eusa_clap

ShortClara

One Too Many
Vintage Betty those are amazing! Are the iron-ons made to look like stitching? Because in the pics they look stitched.

Vintage Betty said:
This is actually a gift.

Vintage Betty

sackcloths1.jpg

sackcloths2.jpg

sackcloths3.jpg

sackcloths4.jpg

Those are just darling!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats