Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DSC04807.jpg

You are one of those lucky women who look good in all hats.
Congratulations on your new treasures.

Vintage Betty

Eliza

One of the Regulars
I need some clarity..... is this thread only for vintage/retro finds? I love vintage/retro and I think my two purchases have that feel /look to them but they are not actual vintage/retro garments. :eek:

satindoll

New in Town
All the hats are so fabulous! I don't normally wear them, but they look so great I'm thinking I should get a couple.

My two most recent purchases that I'm very excited about, and can't wait to wear, is this adorable 40s peplum blouse and pair of 40s peeptoe slingback heels with cutouts on the vamp. They even have a little platform.
The big bow appliques on the blouse are just TDF, never mind the pink and aqua color combination. It's so darn cute, everytime I look at it, I can't help but smile!

blouse1.jpg

shoes3.jpg

The blouse was probably originally part of a skirt set, but I know I'll never find a skirt that matches that exact shade of aqua blue. Black will work, of course. Anyone have any good suggestions for other colors that would work too? What about a print, or would that be too much?

Eliza

One of the Regulars
Any of the other colors in that blouse can be worn in a skirt or pants. What are the other colors? White? Cream? Pink... and the color of the buttons. Grey would be nice, pewter perhaps.

zaika

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
I'm following Dee over from the hat thread, for another re-posting.

Looking forward to getting it and wearing it. What do you think? Not bad for $3.99 if I do say so for a 1930's/1940's hat. :eek: :D

Vintage Betty

132d_1.JPG

wow! 3.99?? I love that hat and the price makes it perfect!

zaika

One Too Many
ASimpleLady- thank you so much!! :) It's really my favorite! I wore it yesterday for Halloween.

Vintage Betty - wow...thank you for that compliment! I've always avoided hats because I felt stupid in them. Enter vintage hats...:D

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Eliza said:
Any of the other colors in that blouse can be worn in a skirt or pants. What are the other colors? White? Cream? Pink... and the color of the buttons. Grey would be nice, pewter perhaps.

Grey would look really nice, especially if you want to wear the blouse past the spring/summer time.

satindoll said:
All the hats are so fabulous! I don't normally wear them, but they look so great I'm thinking I should get a couple.

My two most recent purchases that I'm very excited about, and can't wait to wear, is this adorable 40s peplum blouse and pair of 40s peeptoe slingback heels with cutouts on the vamp. They even have a little platform.
The big bow appliques on the blouse are just TDF, never mind the pink and aqua color combination. It's so darn cute, everytime I look at it, I can't help but smile!

blouse1.jpg

shoes3.jpg

The blouse was probably originally part of a skirt set, but I know I'll never find a skirt that matches that exact shade of aqua blue. Black will work, of course. Anyone have any good suggestions for other colors that would work too? What about a print, or would that be too much?
Satindoll that blouse is TOO WONDERFUL!!! I adore bows too. I'm loving the shoes too!

Kari W

New in Town
satindoll said:

blouse1.jpg

shoes3.jpg

Ohh I love that blouse it is great!

satindoll

New in Town
Originally Posted by Eliza

Hmmmm. I never thought of gray. The buttons are actually translucent gray plastic. So that shade would work nicely. Also give me a perfect excuse to buy a pair of gray shoes, since that's a color I don't have already!

ShortClara

One Too Many
satindoll said:

Those shoes are great, but I'm dying for that blouse!! I feel like a pink bottom might make you look like an easter egg :) I think cream, gray or black would be gorgeous, and even a subtle tweed, herringbone, or similar in those colors would be magnificent, too.

Foofoogal

Banned
Welcome Eliza,
In response to your earlier question. There are links to items from time to time that have a vintage look that are not vintage. Maybe a moderator will come along and clarify but I am pretty sure it is ok to do this. Sandy

Eliza

One of the Regulars
Thank you Foofoogal! :)

I am trying to buy things that have a vintage/retro look/feel to them but they are not actual vintage or retro. :(

I have some of my mothers jewelry, which is 50's but any clothes, shoes, purses that I did have of hers from that era, I sadly gave away (young and unaware at the time. :rolleyes:

Kim_B

Practically Family
...a birthday gift for my dad...

3XX-160S.jpg

3XX-161S.jpg

3XX-162S.jpg

I hope I made a good choice...he wanted something antique - and this is the best looking one I could find in good working condition...besides, they all look the same, anyway! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred