Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Most of the holes are very small. There's one at the shoulder and you cant even really see it in the photo. One of the sleeves is pretty bad but it's by the elbow and most people won't even look there.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Deadpandiva-
What a score. You have to fix the brown outfit - it looks darling on you. You have such a great sense of style when I see your photos. You really know how to accessorize - I wish I was better at it. (I'm always running out the door late!)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Pretty finds, ladies.

Deadpandiva, you could try a re-weaver for the larger holes, but I think they are hard to find these days and accordingly pricey. [huh]

zaika

One Too Many
zaika said:
t9a.jpg

a268_1.jpg

the coat and the hat are too small. i must have not read the measurements for the coat correctly because the thing is tiny. there's no hope for me ever getting into it, even if i continue to lose weight. the hat is cute, but waaaay too small for my big fat head.
i'll be putting them up for sale in the classifieds later tonight if anyone wants them. :( :cry:

lyburnum

Practically Family
I just got this from ebay:

82086227olg1.jpg

Nothing fancy, but I thought it'd make a nice day dress :) I have a really hard time with ebay, as it's rare that I find anything with a small enough waist for me :(

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
Nothing fancy, but I thought it'd make a nice day dress :) I have a really hard time with ebay, as it's rare that I find anything with a small enough waist for me :(

What's your waist measurement? I find stuff with 24 and 26" waists all the time.

lyburnum

Practically Family
24" I can't find anything lately! Maybe my problem is that I've been limiting myself to ebay.co.uk, not international sellers...

ShortClara

One Too Many
Such cute finds, ladies!!

Lyburnum, you really should look on the US site - I see lots of the small stuff, too.

DeadPanDiva, I just love your look and taste. I think you are incredibly striking!

Liz

Lyburnum -- I love that dress! I've noticed that Ebay seems to go in cycles -- one week I'll see ten cute things that are my size, and the next week there seems to be none!

lyburnum

Practically Family
I've been naughty lately and bought things I really shouldn't have :eusa_doh:

e46a1jpgbq2.jpg
217b1jpgag3.jpg

The lot was mixed - there are a couple I'll probably never wear, but my favourite was this one:
img7829mo3.jpg

1d091qw3.jpg

I'm trying to build up my selection of winter dresses. I have lots of summer, but hardly any winter!

fernande

Vendor
kdgraysparkle.jpg

1940s brushed linen dress $16.00 (LOVE the gray and the ANGLES)
1930s Whiting & Davis mesh & rhinestone Purse $150.00

both antique mall buys

fernande

Vendor
retrogirl1941 said:
I really love the mesh bag! The dress looks late 40s.

samantha

Yeah I'd agree, the bottom is very comparable with many dress patterns I have from like- 46-47- it had old store tags on it (though I'm not sure what I did with them now?) and I remember it had something on the tag that said " victory wear" something like that. so perhaps it was right after WWII.

I buy loads of vintage- I tend to stick to victorian-1950s- but I buy anything from those eras that appeal to me and often mix eras (1920s shoes, 50s dress, victorian mourning cape) and create my own "look"

I'm still totally amazed Retrogirl1941 at your AWESOME ability to just whip yourself up a smashing gown for your reenactments!!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Thank you!

fernande said:
Yeah I'd agree, the bottom is very comparable with many dress patterns I have from like- 46-47- it had old store tags on it (though I'm not sure what I did with them now?) and I remember it had something on the tag that said " victory wear" something like that. so perhaps it was right after WWII.

I buy loads of vintage- I tend to stick to victorian-1950s- but I buy anything from those eras that appeal to me and often mix eras (1920s shoes, 50s dress, victorian mourning cape) and create my own "look"

I'm still totally amazed Retrogirl1941 at your AWESOME ability to just whip yourself up a smashing gown for your reenactments!!
Thank you! I taught myself so it is acheivable. Sometime's I dont have enough time to make anything for myself, I also run a side buisness of reproducing 1940s dresses for others.

Samantha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn