Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
deadpandiva said:
I finally have more pictures of the hat I got from Ebay. I don't know what to wear with it though.
Picture861.jpg
Picture859.jpg

Who cares? It looks GREAT on you!

VB

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Mojito, no, not like that! Great pic though.

We had long sleeved black leotards, black full circle skirts with braid round the bottom and the shawl over our shoulders, crossed over at the front and tied at the back. Quite the fashion statement!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Cute! Is it a repro? Good price! Who was the seller? ;)

It's a new piece made from vintage bakelite parts - the back is a poker chip, the flower buds are beads and the bow is jewelry charm. I got it from etsy - the seller is Booboorw. I don't know if I should be giving away my secrets like this! lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
That brooch is so cute. I think that seller is an ebay also. If not there is someone doing similar work. I saw some really cute ones with scottie dogs.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
new stockings!

3 pair of my favorite brand of plain nude, and the following:

blackfoot.jpg

navy heel and seam:
navy.jpg

fancy heel:
fancy1.jpg

and this pair with a flocked heel!
blackflocked.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
KittyT said:
I recently found 3 wool skirts at a local thrift store. I'm guessing each to be 40s or 50s. Best of all, they were all less than $12!

This skirt has a most interesting color combination. I never noticed until I wore it out in the sun!

Love this boucle skirt. It has faux pockets in the front with scalloped edges - had to stick a piece of paper in there for it to show up in the photo! The waistline of this skirt is a bit unusual too. The inside of the waistline is a type of ribbed belting and it has several short, vertical pieces of boning around the waistline.
blueboucle.jpg

blueboucleclose.jpg

Kitty I love your skirt, that colour is amazing and I love boucle it's such an era iconic fabric. I love teal/turquoise colours they always look fabulous with gold or white jewellery.

What will you team it up with?????:)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
KittyT said:
new stockings!

3 pair of my favorite brand of plain nude, and the following:

blackfoot.jpg

navy heel and seam:
navy.jpg

fancy heel:
fancy1.jpg

and this pair with a flocked heel!
blackflocked.jpg

What brand are they Kitty? do tell......:) I am in love with the navy and feel something just like them looming on my ever growing Christmas listlol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
AllaboutEve said:
Kitty I love your skirt, that colour is amazing and I love boucle it's such an era iconic fabric. I love teal/turquoise colours they always look fabulous with gold or white jewellery.

What will you team it up with?????:)

Thank you! I was quite pleased, as my wardrobe was previously lacking in winter clothing. I usually just pair this up with a black knit long-sleeved top, a snug sweater or a black vintage button up shirt. I almost always wear a black cardigan and ballet flats to work, so it's comfy and still looks cute.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
AllaboutEve said:
What brand are they Kitty? do tell......:) I am in love with the navy and feel something just like them looming on my ever growing Christmas listlol

Unfortunately, I don't have that info! The navy ones are just some no-name vintage irregulars that a local vintage seller has in his warehouse.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Unfortunately, I don't have that info! The navy ones are just some no-name vintage irregulars that a local vintage seller has in his warehouse.

Oh well, never mind, I'll have to send my other half on a hunt for something similar!!:) They are so pretty.
A tight sweater sounds just perfect for your lovely skirt.
Great finds!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
AllaboutEve said:
Oh well, never mind, I'll have to send my other half on a hunt for something similar!!:) They are so pretty.

I do see them on ebay occasionally. Also, in the past, I have picked some up for a couple of different members of the Lounge. If you tell me what size stocking you wear, I can look to see if he has any more in that size.

kitty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24