Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

$ally

One Too Many
Cute stockings!

I picked up this ensemble in the Midwest this summer:
2077755253_5a759d57d9.jpg

$5 for the matching two-piece dress, bow belt, and bolero
2077755221_436b74d0f6_o.jpg

The bow on the front of the belt and the collar on the jacket are satin. The skirt and jacket are raw silk.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
KittyT said:
I do see them on ebay occasionally. Also, in the past, I have picked some up for a couple of different members of the Lounge. If you tell me what size stocking you wear, I can look to see if he has any more in that size.

kitty

Thanks Kitty that's really sweet of you, I don't know what size I am in stockings!!! I usually just buy a medium as I am 5' 5" and a small dress size, does that help?
Don't worry if you don't get a chance, it's so very kind of you to offer! but if you do see a lovely blue pair do keep me in mind. Thanks!!
:) :) :)

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
My Birthday Shopping Spree.

With my hubby of course. He does take good care of me!
Birthday Bakelite...
103_1815.jpg

New Old stock...
103_1818.jpg

Not NOS, but I've always wanted a jumper...needs a little alteration.
103_1816.jpg

And to fill my need for something slinky...It makes waist look TINY!!!:D Oh... it is NOS with the $14.99 price tag!
103_1817.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
AllaboutEve said:
Thanks Kitty that's really sweet of you, I don't know what size I am in stockings!!! I usually just buy a medium as I am 5' 5" and a small dress size, does that help?
Don't worry if you don't get a chance, it's so very kind of you to offer! but if you do see a lovely blue pair do keep me in mind. Thanks!!
:) :) :)

Fully fashioned stocking sizes run different from modern stocking size. You can find a great sizing chart at http://www.stockingshowcase.com/sizing.asp. If you let me know, I'll definitely look for you :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
pennyseranade said:
With my hubby of course. He does take good care of me!
Not NOS, but I've always wanted a jumper...needs a little alteration.
103_1816.jpg

I love all your birthday goodies (Happy Day By the Way!), but especially that jumper! I lurve jumpers! So versatile!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
That jumper is adorable! I'd love to wear something like that but I bet the straps would slide down my slopey shoulders (such a pain!).

I've been trying not to spend on clothes since I spent so much this Spring/Summer but I paid next to nothing for a dress that arrived in the mail yesterday. A great 1930's heavy, silky cotton day dress with the prettiest multi-colored bakelite buttons. The seller didn't note that it had a matching belt (with a bakelite buckle yet!) so that was a nice surprise. I'm going to have to do a bit of alteration on the hip area (it fits but too tight for my modest taste) but the seam allowance looks generous enough to make that possible. I'll take pictures this weekend.

The Shirt

Practically Family
DeadpanDiva - I can't imagine a garage sale in all this snow. We'll just have to concentrate our efforts in the summer to find the deals like Ruby. I want that outfit!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:
DeadpanDiva - I can't imagine a garage sale in all this snow. We'll just have to concentrate our efforts in the summer to find the deals like Ruby. I want that outfit!
:eek:fftopic: I love your signature. It's quite fitting.lol

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been buying again. Don't tell. :rolleyes:

This cute lil' sweater only went for $9.99, NOS
8c61_1.JPG

This I spent more on than I meant to, but still a good price at $20.50 (sorry all the pics are grouped together).
39.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
What cute stuff you all have been getting!

I've been going MAD shopping... I always do this time of year, because I find stuff for me when I'm supposed to be xmas shopping!

I got three new pair of shoes, but I have another three coming in the mail too! :eek:
Here's the first three, (I also bought that little skirt vase in the background!)
2082043894_7ac092d485.jpg

2081254777_2af3a2bce4.jpg

I bought this vintage table and chairs for my son's room, already painted and will go with the americana/western theme.
2090965743_8ae2b61d0e_m.jpg

and some jewelry.... .which I know nothing about except I like it. I need to learn more about vintage jewelry.
I'm leaving this big so's y'all can see details. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the crystal drop earrings? The clips must be broken, there's no way for them to stay on the ears. I've never seen anything like it.
2090959041_e7ca1e1fa7_b.jpg

A close up of the blush pink plastic and gold earrings,
2091756892_e5dc479914.jpg

OH! And some vanity items, along with a plaster figurine girl, nice addition to my "french inspired" bedroom,
2091751562_1d1c740069.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy