Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Thanks diva! I know a little about jewelry but not gloves--I just love them and buy whatever's fabulous. I used to work in jewelry and this little old lady would come in and show me all of her flea market finds. She liked me and gave me 2 vintage brooches which honestly, are the 2 most fantastic pieces I own.
My favorite gloves are white and have beaded leaves all down the back. I couldn't love them more!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Even at my smallest size in adult life, I never had the tiny waist for vintage clothing. I try to content myself with vintage gloves (love!), vintage aprons (they just make me feel like a lady) and jewelry. A girl can never have too many brooches.

Don't give up. I have gone thru size envy as well and I cannot believe how small the waists are on some things. Perhaps look for swing coats or capes. I also have plenty of items taken out by my seamstress (she's a wizard I swear!). I, like deadpandiva, need some schooling in the accessory department. I don't have a stitch of vintage jewelry - so I am jealous.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I just won this on ebay
b76f_1.JPG

anabolina

A-List Customer
The Shirt said:
Don't give up. I have gone thru size envy as well and I cannot believe how small the waists are on some things. Perhaps look for swing coats or capes. I also have plenty of items taken out by my seamstress (she's a wizard I swear!). I, like deadpandiva, need some schooling in the accessory department. I don't have a stitch of vintage jewelry - so I am jealous.

I agree, it seems that sometimes Ebay just has ridiculous amounts of clothes in my size and at other times, everything has a 26 inch waist. Although, I've taken a Ebay hiatus for now and only look on it for ideas. That is an alternative if you can find the time, I'm taken to sewing as a hobby that is productive and fun :)

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Trixie said:
I'm very excited about my latest purchases! Especially the sweater which I never thought I'd win and which I paid waaaaaaaay too much for. :rolleyes: But it's adorable and green!!!

shoes.jpg

greensweater.jpg

I was watching that sweater too! It seems the whole lounge was lol It really is beautiful.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
Yay! I'm glad a lounger won that sweater. It's so beautiful I had dreams about owning it.

Here are pictures of last weekends purchases.
Picture916.jpg

This looks so pretty in person. The photo does'nt do it justice. The tayloring is amazing.
Picture907.jpg
Picture908.jpg

I had to hem the skirt and it's still pretty long but the kick pleet was really low. It must have belonged to a tall woman.

Gorgeous coat. I am a sucker for red coats as you'll see from my haul!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Some of my recent goodies!

Amazing 1940s red coat with moulton fur (sheeps wool) collar and cuffs. This is pretty much my ideal coat which I've been searching for - 1940s, nipped in waist, red and not a mink/etc collar. It was expensive but worth it because I've looked so long for a coat like this.

cc41redcoat.jpg

e602_1.jpg

fairislesweater.jpg

Some earrings which I've bought over the past few months. I particularly love the blue carved rhinestone pair.

earrings_collection.jpg

d680_1.jpg

I was very close to buying a similar but much more dramatic pair of frames from Brick Lane market for a stupid amount of money but knew I could find a bargain on the bay. Ebay never lets me down and I got these for £3.

50sgoldfilledframes.jpg

1940s burgandy beaded dress

40sburgandydress.jpg

1940s Whiting and Davis Alumesh bag with celluloid frame in perfect condition!

40salumesh_celluloidbag.jpg

I also got the Complete Book of Sewing by Constance Talbot. It's the revised 1949 edition. It'll come in handy when I start my clothes making course next year! Here are some images-

sewingbook1.jpg

sewingbook3.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
SarahLouise said:

Love all your things SarahLouise, but these are my favorites. I just love vintage coats, and the color on yours is fantastic. Those glasses are great too (and such a bargain!).

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
Yes that coat is wonderful.
I am starting to love red more and more.

Red has always been my favorite color,but other than haircolor,lipstick and shoes I don't wear much of it.I just personally like it best on brunettes and blondes.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
SarahLouise said:
Some of my recent goodies!

Amazing 1940s red coat with moulton fur (sheeps wool) collar and cuffs. This is pretty much my ideal coat which I've been searching for - 1940s, nipped in waist, red and not a mink/etc collar. It was expensive but worth it because I've looked so long for a coat like this.

cc41redcoat.jpg

e602_1.jpg

fairislesweater.jpg

Some earrings which I've bought over the past few months. I particularly love the blue carved rhinestone pair.

earrings_collection.jpg

d680_1.jpg

I was very close to buying a similar but much more dramatic pair of frames from Brick Lane market for a stupid amount of money but knew I could find a bargain on the bay. Ebay never lets me down and I got these for £3.

50sgoldfilledframes.jpg

1940s burgandy beaded dress

40sburgandydress.jpg

1940s Whiting and Davis Alumesh bag with celluloid frame in perfect condition!

40salumesh_celluloidbag.jpg

I also got the Complete Book of Sewing by Constance Talbot. It's the revised 1949 edition. It'll come in handy when I start my clothes making course next year! Here are some images-

sewingbook1.jpg

sewingbook3.jpg

What great finds!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Trixie said:
I'm very excited about my latest purchases! Especially the sweater which I never thought I'd win and which I paid waaaaaaaay too much for. :rolleyes: But it's adorable and green!!!

shoes.jpg

greensweater.jpg

Oh Trixie,what a devine sweater and 40s platforms.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I finally purchased some dress clips. I have been wanting a pair for forever but usually for get to bid. These are just okay but I'll move up from here.

5e17_1.JPG

ShortClara

One Too Many
Wow all this stuff is making me drool on my sequined wool sweater - so stop it! :)

I LOVE wearing red all the time! I find that if I stick to cool reds I look OK.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
MaryDeluxe said:
[/IMG]

The print is wonderful! To bad the fabric is so brittle:( It's not wearable at all. I'm hoping to make a pattern from it because the dress itself is amazing!

P1010006.jpg
OMG.. Can you take a pic of the whole dress?

I am a theatre geek.. so I wish I'd seen it first LOL.

anabolina

A-List Customer
Wow,that is a gorgeous dress Mary, I'm sorry it can't be worn.

I bought a couple of tshirts off cafepress with wwii posters on them. It was a bad idea, getting the fitted tshirts, its sort of stretched across the chest.

SomePictures018.jpg

I also got a looser black shirt, I'll have to take a pic and show it off here too.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:
I finally purchased some dress clips. I have been wanting a pair for forever but usually for get to bid. These are just okay but I'll move up from here.

5e17_1.JPG

I really like these deadpandiva, they're very unusual. Good buy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24