Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Liz

Fernande -- that leopard coat and the swimsuit are to die for! I am super-envious of your amazing purchases!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Everyone is having such luck lately! I love the border print skirt. I am so jealous of the bra. I would take that apart in an instant so I could make a pattern, then scale it to fit me.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I just won this on ebay! My first purchase in quite a while vintage-wise :D
clasp1.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
Couple of finds today in the charity shop:

IMG_9303.jpg

£4! Not vintage, but it looks vintage enough. It's made of lambswool and angora, so will keep me snuggly warm.

IMG_9313.jpg
IMG_9315.jpg

£3.50! A pair of candlestick holders. Now sitting proudly on my window sill.

IMG_9306.jpg

D

Deleted member 3716

this arrived from ebay US last week.
it only cost 25 euro (about 40 dollars i think or 15 pounds) and about the same for shipping.
im pretty pleased as anything similiar in our horrendously overpriced vintage shops over here cost in excess of 150 euro.
yay ebay.

mink1.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Went to the Long Beach flea market this past Sun, and managed to get this little purse in need of some TLC for $15.

Im thinking its 20s to early 30s. Upon closer inspection, the brocade used in the purse must be a replacement because there are special holes to stitch the fabric to all around the closure's rim, but this fabric was stitched to the bottom of the decorative metal.

purse1.jpg

I also think its 20s because of the silk lining, that is beyond repair. Im planning a restoration of the purse, using a red silk for the lining. I took out the fabric, and soaked the brocade. It had 80+ years of gunk on it. I plan to wear it to the Cicada dinner this Sun.

purse2.jpg

purse3.jpg

The bag also needs a chain, and the clasp, altho it works fine, has a broken edge. But hey, its a beautiful piece for only $15. Cant beat that :)

LD

fernande

Vendor
Liz said:
Fernande -- that leopard coat and the swimsuit are to die for! I am super-envious of your amazing purchases!

Thanks LIZ !

I sometimes just take the plunge with ebay purchases. some are gems some are not- you can always "re-bay" them. The red swimsuit- I'm excited about. Its giving me the reason to try to lose a few pounds before my florida vacation! (eeek I just put the cookie down that was in my hand. ha ha)

I'moldfashioned- the shoes will never EVER fit me. They are a size 4.
but they are inspiring for my own shoe designs... such lattice work just astounds me!

Mojito

One Too Many
That is breathtaking, Lady Day! Looking forward to seeing photos when you've done the restoration work. Looks a bit Renaissance/Medieval revival inspired? That would fit in with the era.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
More beautiful purchases girls :eusa_clap

deadpandiva, thats a pretty compact

Lady Day, what lovely purse, so delicate looking, can't wait to see the restoration you do

paula, wonderful coat

Kim_B, great details on that dress and shopping always makes you feel warm.

I found these two cardi's at a thrift store, both are pure cashmere, spots are from my camera, and two lingerie bags at and antique mall, the poodle one is in the bathroom. I have a poodle bathroom.

000_2379.jpg

000_2380.jpg

000_2382.jpg

000_2381.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
What awesome buys y'all are getting! Lady Day, lovely bag. I've not see one with details on the bottom like that!
Goldwyn I love that top cardigan, and the poodle is so cute!

More recent buys for my GWTW collection,
The white "prayer-Tara" dress. Needs some additional lace, buttons changed out, and a buckle. Couldn't pass it up for the price! It will fit over a hoop. This was never a favorite costume of mine from the film, but I'll take it!
2210001903_49e75465cc_o.jpg

and this apron which with some altering and embroidery will look like Melly's "sewing circle" apron!
2210795498_da5d21b1ae_o.jpg

I also bought a vintage knit dress, will take pics when I get it!
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic