Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Fifties*Freak said:
Picture6023a.jpg

What a killer dress, I am seething with envy that's one of the most beautiful dresses I've seen so far on this thread. Well done you for getting into it, it was definitely worth the hard work !!!!

The Shirt

Practically Family
And then for the peice de' resistance! Or more like the pair de resistance!
But with a green strap

Samantha - I have the green strap in the hibiscus style and the pair you show. They are fantastic shoes. I bought the same size in both and for some reason the green ones are a bit more comfortable. They really are fantastic - you'll love them.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
The Shirt said:
Samantha - I have the green strap in the hibiscus style and the pair you show. They are fantastic shoes. I bought the same size in both and for some reason the green ones are a bit more comfortable. They really are fantastic - you'll love them.

Well seeing as how much I am spending on them, cute-ness factor and alll I WILL wear them! Thats good to know though. I think eventually I will order the red and black strapped ones .....key word eventually!

Samantha

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
lucky Lou shoes. They retail for about 95 dollars.

Samantha

Holy inflation, batman! I bought a pair of Lucky Lous at Indy a few years ago and they weren't nearly that expensive. I never wear them either because they really make my feet hurt. I've maybe worn them 3 times at the most, I should probably just sell them.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
Holy inflation, batman! I bought a pair at Indy a few years ago and they weren't nearly that expensive.

I was talking to the owner this morning and she said that if she priced them correctly(buisness formula) they would retail for about 200! But she wants regular people to be able to afford them. I wish more buisnesses thought that way!

Samantha

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
retrogirl1941 said:
lucky Lou shoes. They retail for about 95 dollars.

Yeah, way too much, IMO. That's why I was looking for carved shoes recently that aren't so expensive. Also, I emailed Lucky Lou and they can't do them in white.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
I was talking to the owner this morning and she said that if she priced them correctly(buisness formula) they would retail for about 200! But she wants regular people to be able to afford them. I wish more buisnesses thought that way!

Samantha

I think I paid around $60.00 for my pair, but that was maybe 5 years ago at the Indy Rockabilly weekender. There was a vendor there selling them in all shapes and sizes.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
For me this purchase was great by my standards b/c being a WWII reenactor you want to be accurate(meaning no mixing of eras and the like. I do that in my everyday wardrobe) and these are about as close as I have seen so far to originals.

Samantha

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
retrogirl1941 said:
For me this purchase was great by my standards b/c being a WWII reenactor you want to be accurate(meaning no mixing of eras and the like. I do that in my everyday wardrobe) and these are about as close as I have seen so far to originals.

You do re-enactment, so I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them! For me, if it's not something I can wear with everything I own, it's not worth more than, say, $30, and I am notoriously cheap when it comes to shoes :) Besides, I only want them to wear with one or maybe two items I own, so I just can't justify it.

You'll have to be sure to post pics of you all done up with them on after they arrive!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
KittyT said:
You do re-enactment, so I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them! For me, if it's not something I can wear with everything I own, it's not worth more than, say, $30, and I am notoriously cheap when it comes to shoes :) Besides, I only want them to wear with one or maybe two items I own, so I just can't justify it.

You'll have to be sure to post pics of you all done up with them on after they arrive!

I will! They are going to go with my sundress and ew bathing suit too! So I am so excited. Alot of my clothes fro everyday will actually go with these so I was really able to justify them.

Samantha

Smuterella

One Too Many
thanks Eve

I think I need some little white leather Remix pumps with it

but the shoe purchase of next month, after reading this thread, will have to be some Lucky Lou shoes!

MissHannah

One Too Many
I got paid and had a little spree...

Travel beauty set, unused:
0c12_1.jpg
0e34_1.jpg

Cuff bangle:
3fe0_1.jpg

40's50's fashions book:
5b68_1.jpg

50's/60's Lingerie catalogue:
78b9_1.jpg