Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

D

Deleted member 3716

great purchases all round ladies.
that red bag is amazing miss hannah.
seriously though, is everyone here not totally broke?
i know i am....i cant stop though :)
i won this dress yesterday:

10wig1.jpg
[/IMG]

10wig3.jpg
[/IMG]

Mojito

One Too Many
Beautiful dress, Paula! What's the fabric? I've always steered clear of white (superstitious dread - I'm always afraid it's just begging a slosh of red wine), but dresses like this are making me reconsider.

Those cases are fantastic, Miss Hannah - I do love a smart case, particularly when the original components are intact.

D

Deleted member 3716

thanks mojito.
according to the description, its a "heavier cotton blend".
i think i'll be operating a Clear Drinks Only system with this one :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
MissHannah and PositivelyPinup, those are wonderful!

I got 4 yards of vintage fabric from the same seller as the previous dress...

e4db_1.JPG

It's novelty horses and carts!

I also picked up a cute 70s does 40s dress :)

japandress2.jpg

alexandra said:
I really feel like the 70's did 40's better than 80's did 40's but that 80's is cheaper.

I wouldn't know if this is true but the 80s does 40s dresses I have seem to be very large on top causing a balooning effect around my midriff lol

MissHannah I would like that red bag now please :D It matches my outfit. As good a reason as any lol

I got this today;

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

It did have some nasty purple-ish flowers on the back which I replaced. I love it!!! Would you ladies say it is acceptable to wear this with a black outfit? It's kinds light blue/grey. As I said to the man in the shop, I don't actually have anything it will go with lol

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Oh a redhead in dark green, can it get any sweeter than this?
MissHannah said:
Ooooh - it fits!!! The hips are bigger than listed. They were listed as 32" on the size chart and mine are more like 35", but the bust and waist are pretty much spot on. There is a little give in the fabric but no actual stretch as such.
I LOVE IT!

Here's the front:
Greendress1.jpg

And the back (excuse the weird pose - I was trying to demonstrate the kick pleat!):
Greendress2.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I just scored two adorable Mizrahi dresses from Target that could be straight from the 1950s. I'm so pleased with the quality (fully lined, nice fabric and details) and they were under $40 each. I'm going to wear one of them with the Ladies Traveling Hat so I'll post pictures then but I wanted to share my glee now.

cherry lips said:
dollydaydream, where did you buy those shoes? They seem to be what I've been looking for but haven't yet found. How high is the heel? I'm a flats girl and probably can't take much more than a 3 cm (1.2") rise...
If anyone else has a suggestion feel free to butt in. They're classic shoes but I can't seem to find them in my town!

espadrilles.jpg

I got these from Primark for £4!! They're so comfortable. I too wear flats all the time but these are just great for me, very sturdy!! Some of the wedges that are around that the moment are ridiculously high, and just look painful!!! The heel on these is about 2" (which is a surprise to me I must say!!!)

I also go these from Primark for the same price;

redshoes.jpg

Again, they're really comfortable (I am able to walk the mile into town & back int hem) and have a 1.5" heel. Oooo shoes!!! I got these in red & black!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow ladies - I have been drooling over your purchases - so many wonderful things to see! :eusa_clap

This is a yellow cashmere sweater with mink trim and rhinestone clasp and sweater embellishments, that was given to me courtesy of my mother in law:

cashmere_sweater_yellow1.JPG

cashmere_sweater_yellow2.JPG

cashmere_sweater_yellow3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot