Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Its that boxy 40s look! Oh Bella! :)

1105_1.JPG

I bought vintage metal zippers. A lot of vintage metal zippers. Over 140 vintage metal zippers. :rolleyes:

LD

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Forgive me if this is supposed to be their charm but Pendletons are so.... BOXY! I need a defined waist or *I* look boxy. But I love Pendletons. I'm pouting!

I'm on the fence about Pendletons, too! It looks smashing on you, DPD. I love anything plaid. And I need a jacket to go with wide legged trousers, and a 40's ladies suit jacket paired with trousers looks too "powersuit" for my liking.
Was Pendleton the first company to produce this style of jacket, in 1949? I'm sure I've seen something similar on wartime photos.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I've seen a few of the ladies inquiring about the Pendleton 49er here. It got it's name from being made in woolen mills in Pendleton, Oregon and from the year the style was born:
"In 1949, after postwar market research showed a desire for women’s sportswear, the company introduced a line of wool clothing for women and the 49er jacket proved extremely popular."
I found this here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendleton_Woolen_Mills

Snookie

Practically Family
I love those boxy jackets, and I love that most people don't! That makes them cheaper. ;) My husband doesn't like them nearly so much though, but he's tolerant. He's always trying to get me in the waist-nipping styles.

Here's a pattern from 1940 that had that boxy shape, but I don't think it was a popular style much earlier than that.

2442520841_23965872f5_o.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
DeadPan, you rock my world! Your sass, your taste, your class, your beauty! Such wonderful finds! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
Yellow nightgown. Any won know what era this is from?
Picture1013.jpg

Picture1009.jpg

Yellow and lavender blouse. What would go best with this?
Picture1008.jpg

Picture1006.jpg

Picture1000.jpg

My $.99 dress. It takes for ever to get into and I had hem the sleeves and skirt but I still think I got a fab deal.
Picture997.jpg

This isn't vintage but I thought it'd go great with a 30's style skirt I made.
Picture994.jpg

wow, so classy and elegant!! You're a doll!!!!!!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Its that boxy 40s look! Oh Bella! :)

1105_1.JPG

I bought vintage metal zippers. A lot of vintage metal zippers. Over 140 vintage metal zippers. :rolleyes:

LD
Those are great. I'm sure you'll find a use for them. :)
Thanks for all the complements and the info about the Pendelton Jacket. I learn so much from this place.
Clara You truely are one of my favorite people.
Thanks MrsHannah. I was a little reluctant to post that pic after seeing you in your lovely green pencil dress. I'd truely kill for your figure.

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
I think I might need twelve steps because sweetheart jewelry seems to be my newest addiction. I don't even know anyone who served in this particular branch, but I just had t have it for my ever growing collection.
pin.jpg

Someone please help me reationalize the money I blew on it when gas is $3.50 a gallon!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just found these shoes by White Mountain at Famous Footwear... for $20. I got them in black, and as they were having a buy one get one half off sale, I also picked them up in red. Leather, with a very comfy padded footbed. These are a much higher quality replacement for my black Target ballet flats, which I wear almost every day.

FF_iA61357.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
none of these purchases are vintage but they are so fabulous that I had to post them! I just came back from a weekend in Florence, Italy where there are several factory outlets from Valentino, Gucci, La Perla, Bottega Veneta, Fendi, Burberry etc etc.. so I got some AMAZING deals!!!

A balconette bra with two panties from La Perla (no pics)

A pair of dark lavender t-strap heels from Bottega Veneta. It is dark lavender leather straps with light lavender lace on top that has then been vowen together .. utterly gorgeous shoes! they are 4.5 inches high with no platform .. or as I call them 'taxi-shoes' you need to be driven from your house to the party in these shoes.. no walking to the train station or running after a bus :D

Foto91.jpg

Foto67.jpg

An evening bag from Gucci in python that has been glazed in a dark lilac color with an amazing double headed dragon emblem and a heavy double gold shoulder chain.. Amazing!!!

Foto83.jpg

Foto84.jpg

In total I paid about 25 % of the original price!! I saved over 3000 $ on everything (bought a few smaller things than the ones posted, but those where the important ones!!)

Smuterella

One Too Many
Darhling said:
none of these purchases are vintage but they are so fabulous that I had to post them! I just came back from a weekend in Florence, Italy where there are several factory outlets from Valentino, Gucci, La Perla, Bottega Veneta, Fendi, Burberry etc etc.. so I got some AMAZING deals!!!

A balconette bra with two panties from La Perla (no pics)

A pair of dark lavender t-strap heels from Bottega Veneta. It is dark lavender leather straps with light lavender lace on top that has then been vowen together .. utterly gorgeous shoes! they are 4.5 inches high with no platform .. or as I call them 'taxi-shoes' you need to be driven from your house to the party in these shoes.. no walking to the train station or running after a bus :D

Foto91.jpg

Foto67.jpg

An evening bag from Gucci in python that has been glazed in a dark lilac color with an amazing double headed dragon emblem and a heavy double gold shoulder chain.. Amazing!!!

Foto83.jpg

Foto84.jpg

In total I paid about 25 % of the original price!! I saved over 3000 $ on everything (bought a few smaller things than the ones posted, but those where the important ones!!)

oh! I have bag lust!

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Wow Darhling, those are some fab finds. Taxi shoes indeed, just one nudge from someone and I'm going down lol lol . The shoes look fantastic on you, and I have purse lust toolol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Wow! Gimme! Or just gimme your budget and I'll make do with that ;)

I did save up for this trip, but all of the items where at fantastic prizes and they were things that I havent seen around before - so I feel like I have done some great finds! I got the bag for about 600$, the regular prize was waaay over 2000$, the shoes I got for 200$ and the normal prize was about 700$ so I could never afford those things at the regular prizes .. I just cant wait for an event so I can use them!!!!

EDIT : just looked at the prize tag for the bag .. it was 1950 € before, so close to 3000$!! holy moly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy