Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
sixsexsix said:
I recently bought some dresses from Betty Page clothing and they fit perfectly. They are definately my current favourite repro shop online.

I got this one, and the one from their site called Parade (it will not let me post the image)
agreen.jpg

MissHanna, dont you have a vampier pic of you in this dress? :rolleyes:

Its cute! Whats it made of?

LD

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Darhling said:
how you tried Stop Staring dresses? if so, how do the sizes compare? If I am a medium in the Stop Staring dresses that has a little stretch, what will my size be in Betty Page dresses?

I am also a medium in stop staring (with a little stretch as well), and a medium in betty page clothing fits me perfectly. Their fabrics have a nice stretch to them like stop staring, but aren't that shiny material.

A word to the wise about bettie page dresses though, if they say something is a fall dress they mean it! Both the dresses I got are pretty heavy so wearing them in the summer on anything but a cool night isn't really an option. Perfect for Canadian (and Scandinavian!) winters though

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
sixsexsix said:
I recently bought some dresses from Betty Page clothing and they fit perfectly. They are definately my current favourite repro shop online.

I got this one, and the one from their site called Parade (it will not let me post the image)
agreen.jpg

I bought that one too back in January and it's another of my favourite dresses. I agree with you about how warm the fabric is, it's just perfect for the British winters. I didn't get round to posting any pics of that one and got pipped to the post by the lovely MissHannah in hers and who am I as a Brunette to compete with a Redhead in a green dress ;) lol lol

I have found a big difference in sizing between the Annette dress (the green dress) and the Dorothy Dress (the aubergine dress) though as I fit the Medium for the Annette and the the Small for the Dorothy.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:
I just won an auction on ebay for hotsticks!!! wooohoooo!!! doing the happy dance!!

hmmm now the seller (who is from the states) realises that I am an international buyer and say that there may be additional charge, even though she has stated in the auction that shipping to my country will cost 12$ for the rollers. Can she do that?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Darhling, I don't know about what the seller's saying, but buying Hot sticks from the US isn't a great idea. The heating element inside them means you need an industrial power converter. I brought some back from there a few years back, and after I short-circuited the adapter I had, I discovered that for them to work in the UK, I'd need a converter costing £40.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
Darhling, I don't know about what the seller's saying, but buying Hot sticks from the US isn't a great idea. The heating element inside them means you need an industrial power converter. I brought some back from there a few years back, and after I short-circuited the adapter I had, I discovered that for them to work in the UK, I'd need a converter costing £40.
I think it's similar the other way around too, I used to go to the USA quite often and my GHDs would not get very hot when plugged into the American sockets.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:

eeek oh nooo.. i have already bought them, I just need her reply regarding possibly extra postage to Denmark

:( hotsticks are insanely expensive here, to buy them new they will cost about 100$ + in a store.

Fleur, i have several hairtools from the UK and they work fine with a european adaptar - are there any UK online places you can recommed for getting hotsticks?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Shirt, Ms. McGraw & ShooShooBaby - thank you for noticing my cool find and being as excited as I am! Hubby wants to MP3 the songs before I give some away on the Lounge, so it will take a while. I've been doing some reading about conversion of old LPs...

Epr25 - very cool shoes and can't you see them being worn with a sailor outfit? I love your new shoes!

Miss Hannah - I can't even WISH I was your waist size! lol Nice skirt!

Darhling - Thank you for showing your lovely lips and nails. I now believe I can wear that color with my light skin tone because it looked so lovely on you.

Pamina - Fun pic! Congrats on being a ***STAR***!

Goldwyn Girl - I'd love to see more pics of that Jean Harlow magazine - great find!

DeadpanDiva - Always great taste and those shoes are to DIE FOR.

Lyburnum - I thought your shoes were a little bland at first and than I saw the rhinestone embellishments and said WOW out loud! They are fabulous!

Magpie Annie - Ditto for what I said about MissHannah above. ;)

AllAboutEve & SixSexSix- Lovely Dress!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Try looking at local thrift shops. Hot sticks were really big in the 80s and early 90s, so lots of people had them + got rid of them. You can usually find them for cheap - mine were $4.99 from the Salvation Army.

Darhling said:
eeek oh nooo.. i have already bought them, I just need her reply regarding possibly extra postage to Denmark

:( hotsticks are insanely expensive here, to buy them new they will cost about 100$ + in a store.

Fleur, i have several hairtools from the UK and they work fine with a european adaptar - are there any UK online places you can recommed for getting hotsticks?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
sixsexsix said:
WHAT IS IT??? [huh]

Also that dresser is gorgeous.

Tee-hee! They are 1950's hat displays! :p One for the boys, one for the girls! And thank you for the compliment on the dresser! Very cool bakelite handles, check out the design.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:

Well, I hate to say it, but eBay UK! :D I got mine for about £4! You may be ok, though, but I just thought I'd warn you.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hm. How is the quality?

Both of the dresses I have are good quality, the fabric is sound and the hems and seams are generous. The fabric of the Dorothy dress is a thick stretchy rayon/nylon blend that holds it's shape well and the belt is made of the same fabric so you can tie it tight without it stretching out of shape either.

The only thing that I think could be improved upon would be perhaps the buttons which could easily be changed if you felt thus inclined.

Josephine

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:

i almost got a pair like these today, but I'm rather tunneled visioned about what I want; if it isn't exactly what I have in my mind I pass it up, even if it's perfectly fine! I wanted them for a floaty skirt I have and they didn't seem delicate enough. This is what I got instead:

Sandal.jpg

But in brown. And the insole is different. It's the same shoe, but done for a different label. I'd have preferred a strap around the heel, but you take what you can get. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran