Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
I pretty sure dogs from North America need to go into quarantine for something like 6 months when they enter England :(

Aurora

One of the Regulars
sixsexsix said:
I pretty sure dogs from North America need to go into quarantine for something like 6 months when they enter England :(

Is that still the case? I thought with the passports they didn't need to... But I don't have a clue. I'll apply for her passport and ask then! ;)
I'd better stop talking "dog", my cat's giving me evil looks! lol

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
I know we usually post clothing in here, but I did technically purchase this yesterday!

Meet Bella:
IMG_2203.jpg

Now that is for sure an adorable purchase. Bella is beautiful :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
sixsexsix said:
I know we usually post clothing in here, but I did technically purchase this yesterday!

Meet Bella:
IMG_2203.jpg

Very few things are more gratifying than a good animal companion :) She is adorable!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
MissHanna, dont you have a vampier pic of you in this dress? :rolleyes:

LD

Oh I hardly think I can compete with the fabulous curves of that model but I DO love the dress and it fits like a glove. I can't tell you how brilliant it was having a warm wool dress to wear in the winter that STILL looked glam!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
59d1.jpg

I am exited about this as it looks simple enough.
131408648_o.jpg

Not clothing but this was in mint unused condition. This is the only complete and mint vintage non repro paper doll set I have.:)
cb85_1.JPG

I look like Minnie Pearl in this. I am going to take it apart and use it to cover a sailor frame.

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Hello ladies!! I just got my swimsuit in the mail! It fits really well, I will post pictures soon, and it is still available on the victoria's secret website (and its cheap!!!) I am going to the beach this weekend, so hopefully I will have some good beachy pics to post! yay!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
sixsexsix - Bella is adorable!

deadpandiva - We should chat! I am starting to collect paper dolls too. It seems we are on the same collecting track!

TheSwingingBee - Your hat is very cute!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, you can hate me starting right *now*. [HATE]

So you know those times when something hits you wrong and you KNOW that you deserve it due to karma? Well, this is finally the OPPOSITE of that experience.

Last weekend was our city-wide garage sale. For those of you who aren't familiar with this concept, it started in the midwest I believe. The entire city has a garage sale, and City Hall has sign ups and distributes maps of all the garage sales in town. It is absolutely amazing. All the garage sales open and close at the same time, and you can get free signs at city hall. There are hundreds of garage sales on the same day.

The weekend after the garage sale, the annual trash pickup occurs. The city is trying to reduce the amount of trash, so they started the annual garage sale the weekend beforehand.

Well, for all the right reasons, I made a conscious effort to NOT go to all the garage sales: high price of gas, low on money, and most importantly, the charity I was volunteering at had their annual sale and they were woefully short of volunteers. So, instead of celebrating my favorite holiday of the year, I stuck myself in a store for about six hours.

Anyway, I was driving to the store and about a mile up the road the wonderful police closed the road (no signs down at the bottom of the hill, of course). I get to the very top, and am turned around. So I go down the bottom of the hill and make a detour. And what appears before my eyes: GARAGE SALES! So, I step quickly out of the car and this is what I found at the first sale:

garage_sale_fabric1.jpg

1940's fabric from England, uncut with the tags still on. Vintage tweed, wool and 100% cashmere. And vintage trim, 1920's booties and children's knitted capelet and baby blanket and 1940's knitted apron. Plus more! I got the whole pile for $25. And the seller knew what she was selling - it was her mother's, and she brought it back from England!

garage_sale_fabric2.jpg

garage_sale_fabric3.jpg

garage_sale_fabric4.jpg

garage_sale_fabric5.jpg

Sometimes karma is a b*tch. And sometimes, it rewards you well. :D

[/HATE] Your hate experience is now expired. Thank you for joining us for this experience and hate with us again soon.

Sunny

One Too Many
I've finally been winning again, after a number of navy shoe defeats (lost auction) or failures (don't fit).

131092484_o.jpg
131092516_o.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran