Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
lyburnum said:
This image makes the netting remind me of one of those gangly spiders with long thin legs that hang around my house in autumn. I'm completely phobic of spiders so it creeps me out entirely. I'm sure it's lovely in person, I think it's just the angle that photo is taken from that makes my imagination think there's a big black spider on top of the hat *shudders*
It's not the gangly ones you should be worried about, it's the house spiders... The size of a small mouse who aren't afraid of cats! :eek: Sorry, I'm terrified too, I don't know why I've said that, I'll be too afraid to sleep tonight - What have I done?! :eusa_doh:

TessTrueheart

AllaboutEve said:
DSCF1571.jpg

Fabulous outfit! And the flower is perfect.:eusa_clap

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Oh thank you girls, I spent ages trying to decide whether to buy that flower or not and whether it was just too much. Now it has official PR ladies approval!, and I so appreciate that!!!!:)

lyburnum

Practically Family
Aurora said:
It's not the gangly ones you should be worried about, it's the house spiders... The size of a small mouse who aren't afraid of cats! :eek: Sorry, I'm terrified too, I don't know why I've said that, I'll be too afraid to sleep tonight - What have I done?! :eusa_doh:

I know, I'm totally terrified of them so I don't know why I talk about them! I've had plenty of those big fat spiders in my room and I normally freeze when I see them. Anyway, enough spider talk, I've already knocked out MissHannah & Smuterella!

lyburnum

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:
Do any of you mind if I cavort around in my new 40's dress for a while with my also new hair flower? These pics aren't great I'm still battling with the wretched camera and the dismal light today that's my excuse anyway:) ! Do you think the flower is too big?
DSCF1571.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

Gah! You are beyond perfect! *envy*

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Darhling said:
Thanks to the most lovely girl in here, MissS, she tracked down a small vieled hat for me after I saw the amazing pics of her wearing one. So of course I bought it straight away.

c4fd_1.jpg
I love this hat. I'm in dire need of netted hats.
rachw182, that dress is very becoming on you. Maybe it will go on sale.
Mojito, I like reading about the background of your so lovely items.
AllAboutEve, the flower isn't too big. Whenever I choose a smaller flower to wear I wish I'd worn the bigger one. Pretty dress and shoes, and you did a fab job modelling the outfit.

Miss_Bella_Hell

AllaboutEve said:
Do any of you mind if I cavort around in my new 40's dress for a while with my also new hair flower? These pics aren't great I'm still battling with the wretched camera and the dismal light today that's my excuse anyway:) ! Do you think the flower is too big?
DSCF1571.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm give me this immediately!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
thebadmamajama said:
Mary Deluxe--

I just got a candystriper dress, too! How are you wearing it?!

TBMJ...
Well, if I still had a 24" waist I would be wearing it with my favorite pair of shoes....lol I guess I'll just be wearing the shoes!

2556047767_a1beefa5dd.jpg

AllAboutEve...LOVE the flower and the dress!!!!

Miss 1929

Wow, simply wow.

Beautiful dress, flower, girl!

BTW, all you spider-phobic girls, those gangly ones are Daddy Long Legs - they are the good spiders! They are non biting, and they eat other spiders and mosquitoes! It's bad luck to kill them too. They make nice house guests.

lyburnum

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
TBMJ...
Well, if I still had a 24" waist I would be wearing it with my favorite pair of shoes....lol I guess I'll just be wearing the shoes!

Well, if you ever feel like passing it on to another lounger my 24" waist would be very happy to receive it :rolleyes:

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
epr25 said:
I was thinking of wearing this with jeans. I do not like or own cowboy boots. What type of shoes are appropriate with a shirt like this?

WESTERN2.jpg
[/IMG]

First off, great shirt!!

Well, while boots would be my first choice, if they aren't your thing, I'd say saddle shoes or brown loafers with that and jeans would look nice.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe said:
TBMJ...

2556047767_a1beefa5dd.jpg

My goodness, those shoes! Swoooooon! They are so lovely.

Darhling, are you particularly fond of the Agent P. ff stockings? I don't think they are as nice as Ars Vivendi's, and you can get those in Femme Fatale in Copenhagen for less money.

DSC01647.jpg

And I saw a picture of Dita von Teese wearing those sunglasses, she looked smashing!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Thanks for all your compliments ladies, I feel good about the flower now and it can stay!

Bella - I promise that if at any point I choose to part with the dress I'll let you know!;)

Lyburnum- I'm way off perfect (the bad photography covers a multitude of sins !!) , but it's lovely of you to say so, especially when you are the epitome of Audrey Hepburn elegance, I take that as a great compliment!

MaryDeluxe- what a gorgeous cherry red those shoes are!

Darhling - I love the packaging on those stockings, are they comfortable to wear as I've never tried them? The sunglasses are so you! Thanks for the link for the hat, it's gorgeous but a bit out of my budget at the moment as I've already blown most of my money for this month. I've bookmarked it though as it's soooo pretty. Can't wait to see a pic of you being sultry in yours!!;)

Miss1929 - *whispers* I'm quite fond of spiders myself all shapes and sizes!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Darhling, are you particularly fond of the Agent P. ff stockings? I don't think they are as nice as Ars Vivendi's, and you can get those in Femme Fatale in Copenhagen for less money.

And I saw a picture of Dita von Teese wearing those sunglasses, she looked smashing!

I haven't tried Agent Provocateurs stockings yet, but I do love Femme Fatale - don't you just love the owners?! I bought Cervin stockings there, and I can really reccommend since they are really hard to rip and stays in form on your leg

Oh do you have a pic of Dita wearing those?! I must admit she is a bit of a style icon for me.. All the sunglasses I had just didn't go with my outfits (really big, really dark).

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
oh my GAWD everyone is getting such nice things. since i'm a whore for vintage shoes i esp have to compliment retrogirl and marydeluxe on your new shoes!! epr25 has your shoes' twins, rg!

the fact that i won't have an income in a couple months and my rent just nearly doubled has sent me on a totally irrational spending binge. here's a dress i bought yesterdayafternoon (and wore in the evening!):
2558315201_945fed6bdf_o.jpg

(please ignore the state of my apartment... i just moved in sunday and it's still a DISASTER!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany