Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I love novelty skirts
flamenco1.jpg

flamenco2.jpg

637a_1.jpg

6429_1.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl those skirts are the coolest ever! I've been keeping an eye out on e-bay for plain circle skirts or novelty ones, but they're all too small in the waist. I'll just keep on waiting...

MissHannah

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
Those are so lovely Hannah, just perfect for the summer and I'll bet they'll go with everything so don't worry about blowing your budget!

I've been wanting to see a pair in the shops so I can try them, and check out the heel height but haven't been able to find them. Did you order yours online?

I've been wearing them non-stop since they arrived on saturday morning - they are alarmingly comfortable for heels. That's Clarks for you :)
I got them at http://www.bellsshoes.co.uk/clarks.html because I couldn't find them in any clarks stores I tried either. Bells have a no-quibble return policy and they pay your return postage so it seemed pretty low-risk to order from them. Also, the delivery was next day so I ordered them at about 2 o'clock on friday and they arrived saturday morning!! Perfect!

MissHannah

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
For the gals who own the cute UK Clarks shoes - Do the British Clarks run large in size like the US Clarks do? I usually wear a size 9, but usually have to get an 8.5 when I buy Clarks here in the U.S. Thanks!
In my experience their sizes are pretty spot on, but then we aren't used to having the luxury of half sizes so we may be easily pleased!

zaika

One Too Many
i found a kind of neato hat. i have no idea when it might be from...or even how to wear it. any ideas?? i really love it and can't wait to try it on when i've got my hair done. i just haven't had the time lately...

the label inside says "smartwear milwaukee." and it's union made.

2566181497_ae90967515.jpg

2566181469_3b9f5b489a.jpg

2567005116_1c5977bae1.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
seltzer01.jpg

Seltzer bottle, $15! :D

LD

Lady Day, that is the coolest Seltzer bottle! I can't believe you got it for $15! I'm about as green as the bottle with envy. Green and red...oh man. Lucky Lady!!:D

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Laura Chase said:
Yup, the Cervin stockings are some of my favorite ones too, I actually quite like the more crude, non-stretch texture, compared to the Ars Vivendi ones (very silky soft!). It depends on the occasion, though.

You bet, here's the picture of Dita with your sunglasses. She has impeccable style.

2558463237_691296350b_o.jpg

They're lovely sunglasses! How much are they in DKK?
I went to LV to try these on today (I was thinking of spending my tax return on them) but they don't look nice on me, alas. :(

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I went to LV to try these on today (I was thinking of spending my tax return on them) but they don't look nice on me, alas. :(

That's too bad, what was it, were they too narrow or something? I'm looking forward to seeing Darhling wearing hers, although, being a student, I could never afford them myself.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Laura Chase said:
That's too bad, what was it, were they too narrow or something? I'm looking forward to seeing Darhling wearing hers, although, being a student, I could never afford them myself.

They sat too high on my face. If I put them a bit lower on my nose they looked good, but I would never wear them like that because even if they didn't actually fall off, they would feel like they were about to. lol It was fun to go into the GIGANTIC LV store on the Champs Elysees tho.

Also, I could never really forgive myself if I spent that much on sunglasses. I mean please. I think I'm going to buy a plane ticket to NC for the Heavy Rebel Weekender instead.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Ladies, all your things are lovely, but AllAboutEve, I wanted to ask, does your dress have a wrap top bit? And is it home made? I only ask as I have one just like it, and I just saw the pattern it was made from!

Oh, BTW, I have not posted your samples yet but I will this week (sorry :eek: ).

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
goldwyn girl those skirts are the coolest ever! I've been keeping an eye out on e-bay for plain circle skirts or novelty ones, but they're all too small in the waist. I'll just keep on waiting...

Thank you cherry lips and ShoreRoadLady. Keep looking cherry lips, they are out there in a variety of sizes.

Lady Day, that is a cool seltzer bottle.

zaika, cute hat.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thanks goldwyn girl. You'll look stunning in your skirts I'm sure. The funny thing is it's not that hard to find dresses in larger sizes, just skirts. I've seen vintage pics of curvy girls with skirts so I know that they existed. It's just another one of those vintage mysteries, along with the teeny tiny hats...

TessTrueheart

Laura Chase said:
Nothing vintage, but I'm just crazy with these weird acrylic things from paraphernalia:

Parrot necklace:
il_430xN.28848896.jpg

I love paraphernalia too! I got the heart necklace and when it lies directly on your skin it looks like a tattoo. I've scared quite a few people with it!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
1930's/40's Blouse from eBay a few weeks ago, $8.99
whiteblouse.jpg

1930's(ish) crinoline lady mirror from a charity shop today - £3.50
crinolineladymirror.jpg

Sorry about the size, I keep changing it on PhotoBucket but it just won't budge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou