Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
shooshoo i don't know what kind of fabric it is (there is no label other than the brand) but it sounds like the fabric you are describing! it has a circular pocket on the side which you can't really see in the photo....the seams on it are just great. how awesome would it be if we had matching dresses on either side of the continent?!?

t'would be awesome, but mine has no pocket.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
FINALLY! I've been looking for canisters forever!

201d_1.JPG

2049_1.JPG

$6.99!

Mojito

One Too Many
Pink, I am *loving* the cannisters - does the colour coordinate with your kitchen?

Kamikat, I've never been tempted to buy a "Stop Staring" dress (not my era), but your photo is making me rethink...how classic is that dress?!? Gorgeous!

Tinseltown, all gorgeous - I've got a leather tooled purse (20s) on my "to buy" list.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
c01533b3.jpg

sixsexsix, that cape is awesome! It'll be amazing in fall, pair it with some rust reds and some deep greens... It'll be so amazing. Saffron is one of my favorite colors but I rarely find anything even remotely saffron.

2570839401_d8d2d98043.jpg

Kamikat, the dress suits you very well! Let us know how the Stop Staring fabric is to wear, I love the look of the dresses but when I try them on I just don't like the feel of the fabric. Can your skin breathe? Does it make you sweat more? Synthetic materials tend to do that to me.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Here's my first Stop Starring dress. I LOVE this dress, it fits like a glove. I think if it weren't for the poly fabric, I'd have a whole wardrobe of Stop Starring dresses!
2570839401_d8d2d98043.jpg

You look lovely in that dress Kamikat. I've a couple of Bettie Page dresses but I've not bought any Stop Staring yet. What is the name of your new dress? It's such a classic shape and colour and looks terrific!

I don't mind the modern fabrics so much, I did have a teensy gripe about them in the beginning but some of the things that have swayed me about some of the new repros are:
No moth problems
No fragile fabric problems
No odours or stains

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Mojito said:
Pink, I am *loving* the cannisters - does the colour coordinate with your kitchen?

It will. I'm painting the walls yellow. :D

I guess with that said I should say I also bought this:

l_6eb6892babc42927ec2e9626a43ed69d.jpg

My favorite part:
l_b89559bfa620e8806ed6ca6c0db4b28c.jpg

Now imagine that with yellow walls. :D

It closed yesterday. I'm officially a home owner. Renovations begin this weekend.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
CherryRed said:
Congrats on the new house Pink!!!! Love your tile! Be sure and post your after pics !!

Oh most definitely! Then I will finally have something to post in the "Show Us Your Vintage Home" Thread!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Yippee for Pink! That's fantastic. You are so creative with all your clothes and costumes - I cannot wait to see what you do with your place.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
SS851580.jpg

The tan & black satin heels are too small, I forgot to ask for measurements! :eusa_doh:

The ReMix wedgies (white) are a wee bit tight, but not enough to make me give them up. The black double strap Town & Country wedgies are TIGHT, but also stiff, so there might be some hope :eek:

Love the house Pink Dahlia, having a house warming party any time soon? hint hint ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Aurora said:
SS851580.jpg

The tan & black satin heels are too small, I forgot to ask for measurements! :eusa_doh:

The ReMix wedgies (white) are a wee bit tight, but not enough to make me give them up. The black double strap Town & Country wedgies are TIGHT, but also stiff, so there might be some hope :eek:

Love the house Pink Dahlia, having a house warming party any time soon? hint hint ;)

Great finds. If you decide that you can't keep any of them because they don't fit, be sure to post them in the Classifieds with measurements!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Pink, congrats on your new house! I would so love to have my own place, but am having an impossible time digging myself out from under a mountain of debt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff