Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
epr25 said:
Kitty I was wondering what brand the capri jeans are? The higher fitting ones.

epr, they are Talbots. I purchased these used and don't see the exact same ones on their site, but I am seeing that pretty much all of their blue jeans sit just below the natural waist, so they have that nice, higher-waisted look.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Sunny those shoes are so interesting, love the design!

Cute dress PT. :)

KittyT some very cute outfits! You are looking wonderful!

Like I always say, nothing makes a girl feel better then a little retail therapy!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MaryDeluxe said:
Like I always say, nothing makes a girl feel better then a little retail therapy!

That's exactly what I was hoping the most recent purchases (the pedal pushers and jeans) would do. I love them all but I still feel like cr@p. As they say, you can't buy happiness.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
KittyT said:
That's exactly what I was hoping the most recent purchases (the pedal pushers and jeans) would do. I love them all but I still feel like cr@p. As they say, you can't buy happiness.

I here that! I thought buying alot of shoes would make me forget my husband is not with me right now but, no it does'nt!

Samantha

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
retrogirl1941 said:
I here that! I thought buying alot of shoes would make me forget my husband is not with me right now but, no it does'nt!

Samantha

However, when he comes back, you'll have him AND the shoes, the best of both worlds!

My husband went away for two weeks recently,and I was so lonesome. And two weeks is nothing - I don't know how you military wives stand it. My vintage hat is off to you!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
However, when he comes back, you'll have him AND the shoes, the best of both worlds!

My husband went away for two weeks recently,and I was so lonesome. And two weeks is nothing - I don't know how you military wives stand it. My vintage hat is off to you!

True true! Nice shoes, more vintage goodies and my husband back; what more can a girl ask for?:D

Samantha

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Estate sale finds

I hit up an estate sale today and bought two things. I just couldn't compete with the dealers.

50's tiki atomic wall shelves.
2711951769_a581374010.jpg

50's stand which I filled with my vintage purses.
2712762030_bac58b0323.jpg

No, you can't buy happiness and you can't take it with you when you go either!lol

Sunny

One Too Many
Mojito said:
Sunny, I'm always pleased to meet someone else who takes a 23 inch hat! And it looks lovely - hope it turns out to be what you want. Great shoes, too - the black trim and the cutout hearken back to some of the earlier elaborate styles of the 20s.
Hurrah for big head ladies! :D Thanks for the compliments - I'm excited to get them. Speaking of, I got a straw hat on the department store last week because it looks (to my semi-trained eye) distinctly like a cloche, or reasonable facsimile. Can I beg for your opinion on it at some point? Like when I get around to taking a picture? ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ooh lovely! I see they have a bunch of colors of this on sale. I love the aqua, red and black especially. I really wish they had the 40s black silk dress at a steeper discount though, as I really need a black cocktail dress!

I may have to order one of these babies. Thanks for posting.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Ooh, they have some really nice dresses, I love this one, but at $249 it's just too expensive for me right now! :(

Darhling, the $34 dress was a steal!

ASHLEYDRESSturq1.JPG

This one is just so lovely as well, the color is great... swoon...

obi1forest1.JPG

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I so want many of the TD dresses, but they are expensive and the sizing isn't great for me. I am hoping to go to NO next summer though, so maybe I will get to try them on! I am seriously considering investing in some bloses though.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I do like many of them and think they're pretty, but most of them just totally lack detail and pizazz, for too high a price. If I'm going to spend $200 on a dress, I can get a stunning one of a kind vintage dress with tons of fabulous details, ya know what I mean? The Trixie dress is lovely though, and in cotton at $34, that's a great price. I wouldn't pay much more than that though.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Man you girls are EEE-vil. I cannot resist your suggestions! Have now ordered the Trixie in the Kelly green. I will have something new every day for the cruise - yippee. You know Kitty after you saying that thing about the detailing. I'm thinking that I might just add a couple of cute vintage buttons to the bust or perhaps some rick-rack or trim to the hemline to give it a little something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR