Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Sunny said:
Remember these? They arrived yesterday.

0ca0_1.jpg

They are really beautiful. The navy is fabric, looks like fine wool gabardine. There's lint that needs brushed off and a few scuffs on the black trim. They have flat navy laces. These shoes can't have been worn more than half-a-dozen times; the black paint on the leather soles shows only slight wear. They're in the original box, WITH lid, and the original cardboard and tissue is in the toes. Amazing!

One problem. You guess it - they don't fit. Strike 2 on my navy shoes hunt.

These are 1920s or very early 1930s shoes. That's why they won't work for me, although the measurements should have been great. You can't see it in the picture, since it's taken from the side. The toe box has the classic graceful tapered point that looks pure 1920s to me. Really beautiful. I've never seen a pair in person before now, but I know that's what they are. They're size 8 1/2 AAA; I wear a 9M. My toes are just too far forward in that point to be comfortable. They're not even low, like some vintage shoes; it's just the sides that squeeze in. I'll bet they fit an 8 1/2 narrow just fine, or an 8M.

These will be going to the Classifieds, with a better couple of pictures. Oh, I hope some of you ladies can use them! They're really incredible, and I'd be tempted just to keep them if I didn't need to continue the Navy Shoe Hunt.

Sunny, I feel your pain. I recently got a pair of tri-color 40's wedges and the seller measured from the outside instead of the inside so they were too small for me also.:( I have yet to post them to see if anyone here can fit in them.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Inky said:
I live near the Central Coast of California and we are blessed with good, cool weather most of the year and can wear sweaters year round. Today I picked up this great hand knit Mary Maxim Hoedown Pattern (from about 1956 or 1957) sweater. Of course there is no telling when it was knit but that's okay with me. I've wanted to knit this sweater for some time and can often find the charts online for around $10-$15, but finding the time to knit it was more difficult. Now I don't have to and it was a steal!!

2736318545_bfa6dd5053_o.jpg

2736318493_6142710b43_o.jpg

Here's the original pattern:

2736318457_624e9b692b_o.jpg

I can't wait to wear it!!

Inky, that is one fab cardi !!!!

Mary

Practically Family
Sunny said:
Remember these? They arrived yesterday.

0ca0_1.jpg

They are really beautiful. The navy is fabric, looks like fine wool gabardine. There's lint that needs brushed off and a few scuffs on the black trim. They have flat navy laces. These shoes can't have been worn more than half-a-dozen times; the black paint on the leather soles shows only slight wear. They're in the original box, WITH lid, and the original cardboard and tissue is in the toes. Amazing!

One problem. You guess it - they don't fit. Strike 2 on my navy shoes hunt.

These are 1920s or very early 1930s shoes. That's why they won't work for me, although the measurements should have been great. You can't see it in the picture, since it's taken from the side. The toe box has the classic graceful tapered point that looks pure 1920s to me. Really beautiful. I've never seen a pair in person before now, but I know that's what they are. They're size 8 1/2 AAA; I wear a 9M. My toes are just too far forward in that point to be comfortable. They're not even low, like some vintage shoes; it's just the sides that squeeze in. I'll bet they fit an 8 1/2 narrow just fine, or an 8M.

These will be going to the Classifieds, with a better couple of pictures. Oh, I hope some of you ladies can use them! They're really incredible, and I'd be tempted just to keep them if I didn't need to continue the Navy Shoe Hunt.

This is awful! They are so pretty! I've also been looking at 30's shoes but not bid on any before. Could you explain again why they don't fit? Is this the case with all 30's shoes? I'd love to buy them. Will look into the sizes to see it they fit me.

Does any of you other gals have any tips what to think of if shopping for 30's shoes on the internet?!

Josephine

One Too Many
My Trashy Diva Trixie 2 dress came today! I got the M, and amazingly I fit into it (42-34-42, I should need an L), but only JUST. The elastic was way stretched out. I'll post pics once I lose more weight. :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Hooray for the Trixie Dress!

My black Trixie dress came today! I am so excited - I'm thinking of wearing it tomorrow if I can find a proper cardi or something to wear over it (since I have to go to work. I got a Large, which just fits - it actually zips all the way, but the section around the stomach area it a bit snug (meaning no more bon bons for Kimmy!) but I LOVE THIS DRESS!! :D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Mine also came today! lol Trixies has been delivered!! i like it, but maybe I should have gotten the xs instead.. but I don't know how much smaller it would be. I really like it though, it is perfect for a day dress!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Kim_B said:
My black Trixie dress came today! I am so excited - I'm thinking of wearing it tomorrow if I can find a proper cardi or something to wear over it (since I have to go to work. I got a Large, which just fits - it actually zips all the way, but the section around the stomach area it a bit snug (meaning no more bon bons for Kimmy!) but I LOVE THIS DRESS!! :D

you know, I think you would be just cute as a button in it!! And I am still wanting your hair!! lol

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Mary said:
Does any of you other gals have any tips what to think of if shopping for 30's shoes on the internet?!

I've found it's very hit and miss buying 30s shoes off the 'net. They tend to be quite narrow compared to modern or even 40s shoes. I've bought many pairs that *should* fit by the measurements but they don't when they arrive, and I have a fairly narrow foot.

US sizes especially often have the width after the size but these are deceptive. Like anything, just because one pair in size *A or *B fits doesn't mean they will in a different brand.

I do find that you often need to go for longer measurements from toe to heel to make up for the narrow width but that's all the tips I have, I'm afraid. It's trial and error or buy from a shop/dealer and pay more.

Only other tip? Remix are doing more 30s styles now, although obviously they aren't complete copies of 30s shoes, just inspired by. At least you can send them back if they don't fit.

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
been naughty lately..new job!..:) .here's a few!

lur1.jpg

the shoes were wrongly listed in the 80s section!!! bargain at 9 dollars!

rainbow.jpg

157744108_o1.jpg

this is my dream day dress. just need to take the waist in, i love the colour and print!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
artful dodgette said:

lur1.jpg

rainbow.jpg

157744108_o1.jpg

this is my dream day dress. just need to take the waist in, i love the colour and print!

:eek: That's it I'm never speaking to you again lady!! ;) ;)
I am speechless at every single item there ........well done you!!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
If I'm a 36/26 kind of lady with an F to FF cup which size Trixie do you ladies think I'd fit as I'm longing for the Black one. Also is anyone sweet enough to let me know the length of the bodice please??

Darhling, please can you post a pic of you in yours, pretty please ?????? *flutters eye lashes beseechingly* ;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
If I'm a 36/26 kind of lady with an F to FF cup which size Trixie do you ladies think I'd fit as I'm longing for the Black one. Also is anyone sweet enough to let me know the length of the bodice please??

Darhling, please can you post a pic of you in yours, pretty please ?????? *flutters eye lashes beseechingly* ;)

Of course doll! I'll do it tonight - after a good ironing!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Aw, man ... those popsicle coloured shoes, artful dodgette!! They truly are "Paradise Shoes".

Miss Sis and Mary, on the subject of 30s shoes ... I got a totally dreamy pair of 30s black faille evening shoes on eBay a while ago, but like you say they are way too narrow. They are about a US size 9-9 ½ in the lenght. I should probably post them in the classifieds in case someone would like to give them a new home. I haven't seen many repros that replicate that slightly flared 30s heel properly.

R

Red_Lipstick

Hello!

I just won this carry-all and I'm really happy :) It's missing the mirror but I thought maybe I can replace it somehow.
It's got a cigarette case (I don't smoke but who cares!), lipstick holder, bill clip and a compact. Now I have to learn how to put one of my lipsticks in that holder (I think I saw a thread about that).

carryall2li7.jpg

carryall1sw3.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
artful dodgette said:

lur1.jpg

rainbow.jpg

157744108_o1.jpg

*Gasp! Choke! Sputter!*

:eek:

Smuterella

One Too Many
so ladies, with the Trixie dress, are you saying it comes up larger than you thought it would? I have horribly mismatched measurements (small bust and thick waist with small hips - ugh) and want to make sure it fits at the waist without gaping at the bust...

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
so ladies, with the Trixie dress, are you saying it comes up larger than you thought it would? I have horribly mismatched measurements (small bust and thick waist with small hips - ugh) and want to make sure it fits at the waist without gaping at the bust...

Can I just step in a say that there is nothing ugh about your figure Smuterella, your a hot chick, so there.:)

But yes please all help about sizing from any of the Trixie-owning ladies here would be more than welcome.

Miss.Monroe

New in Town
Red_Lipstick said:
Hello!

I just won this carry-all and I'm really happy :) It's missing the mirror but I thought maybe I can replace it somehow.
It's got a cigarette case (I don't smoke but who cares!), lipstick holder, bill clip and a compact. Now I have to learn how to put one of my lipsticks in that holder (I think I saw a thread about that).

carryall2li7.jpg

carryall1sw3.jpg

Red_Lipstick, that's an amazing find!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Could you please paste the thread link? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR