Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

I got these beauties recently, but unfortunately they are a bit too narrow for me.:(
If you are interested in them keep a watch on the classifieds section as I will try to list them there before ebay.
2756642899_86b021b320.jpg

2756643531_8c4a4211b3.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
I cannot wait for you to scan them either - the blog has some fantastic waves in there!

Cherry Red - I am willing those shoes to be my size...

Old Yazoo - How cute are you two. Makes me want to jump up on my couch and dress up too!

Inky

One Too Many
Cherry - those shoes are too cool!! Lucky is the girl that fits into those (wishing it were me but not with these land yachts).

Yazoo
- where do you find such cute dresses - and i love the poses!!

Ricki
- woohoo more new hairstyles for me to wish my hair was long enough to try to attempt!! (and your blog is great!)

old yazoo

Familiar Face
Yazoo [/B]- where do you find such cute dresses - and i love the poses!!

snagged these when vacationing in Montreal. I live in portland, and the vintage shopping is actually better here, but this just happens to be my most recent purchase! :D

Adele

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
....I cleaned it up today out of storage and will do a little maintenance on it later tonight (i need some oil), but thought you might enjoy these pics. Someday I will buy a case for it in better condition:

2757466626_3993c9dc32.jpg

Thank you for sharing! What a beautiful piece of sewing machinery.

My latest purchases:

1397_1.JPG

dec5_12.JPG

I haven't received those mentioned above, however, this I have:
b78d_12.JPG

I was so excited when in the back of the front cover, there was a sample of cloth, and moreover, then I found a random receipt inside as well. It's so sad how happy this catalogue has made me. lol

Inky

One Too Many
Adele said:
My latest purchases:

1397_1.JPG

dec5_12.JPG

I haven't received those mentioned above, however, this I have:
b78d_12.JPG

I was so excited when in the back of the front cover, there was a sample of cloth, and moreover, then I found a random receipt inside as well. It's so sad how happy this catalogue has made me. lol

Thanks Adele!

I got some of those wave clips on ebay too - if you figure out how to use them let me know :eek:

Love the hat and what a little treasure in the catalogue - those little finds make inanimate objects human when you wonder about who put that scrap and receipt in the "monkeyward" catalogue ;)

PS

A-List Customer
just won this

tanlace.jpg

concerned about fit. never bought a vintage dress before. its always been other things, mostly slips. this by the measurements given by the seller will be a bit big but I am new at this! Have to start trying stuff on, right?

sixsexsix

Practically Family
i haven't posted here in awhile, so here is some of my new things picked up over the past month or so:

vintage purse, which doesn't photograph well but i LOVE. it is dark brown leather with some gold filigree around the whole thing. - antiques fair
83a6b805.jpg

the inside has tons of different compartments + 2 change purses (which is super helpful in a city where subway tokens look exactly like dimes ;)
793f1d8f.jpg

new leather purse/briefcase (?), perfect for back to school (large enough for books and unzips 3 sides down) - winners
db71d8db.jpg

a couple of aprons (+ closeups of fabric) - estate sale
35977bd8.jpg

cb712bd6.jpg

ec3d9a4e.jpg

b287239b.jpg

some patterns - antiques fair
666e6d35.jpg

sixsexsix

Practically Family
PS said:
concerned about fit. never bought a vintage dress before. its always been other things, mostly slips. this by the measurements given by the seller will be a bit big but I am new at this! Have to start trying stuff on, right?

that dress is adorable! i find it always helps to measure something you already own that you love the fit of (and has similar fabric ie. stretch/non-stretch) and compare garment measurements to that. i know my measurements, but also know i need room to breath ;)

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Trixie 2 dress

Well I got my dress yesterday. I wish I got it in a small instead of a med.

Does anyone what to swap out? I know there was some talk about them.

It's navy blue.

Mojito

One Too Many
Beautiful recent purchases...love 'em all, from CherryRed's shoes through to Old Yazoo's fun shot, Inky's houndstooth dress, sixsexsix's bags and Adele's *gorgeous* hat (I'm a cloche fan, but I'd love one of those). Good luck with that fit, PS - it's a very pretty dress, and however it turns out it will be a learning experience.

Swing Kitty

New in Town
I bought this off of ebay recently, and I'm totally in love with it:

a11d_11.jpg

9c2b_11.jpg

I absolutely love it...but I wore it swing dancing the other night and have managed to tear a hole in the underarm :( rubbish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic