Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
1940s dress, paid $10
37af7975.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I've been buying mostly books lately, but I thought you ladies might be interested! My most recent purchase, Feminology: A Guide for Womankind is from 1903. I collect these sorts of books from the mid 1800's up until the mid-1950's. There's going to be a book collection contest at my library in May, and I really want to win, so I've been beefing up my library a bit lately!

Here are some images from the book:

4352_1_sbl.JPG

16ed_1_sbl.JPG

0db9_1_sbl.JPG

f133_1_sbl.JPG

I'm most excited about the full-color anatomical chromolithographs.

Okay, enough nerdiness, back to the clothes! :)

Oh, and Deadpandiva, can I be your twin? That floral dress is just so perfect!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Two New Dresses!!!

This one is for my 1930s reenacting- hope it fits!

637a_1.jpg
64b1_1.jpg

This one is for an old west show we are doing. I'm going to jazz it up a little though. Needs some beads or lace or something! It's a little tight, but I've got until December...

cff6_12.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
texasgirl said:
Two New Dresses!!!

This one is for an old west show we are doing. I'm going to jazz it up a little though. Needs some beads or lace or something! It's a little tight, but I've got until December...

cff6_12.jpg

May I suggest peacock feathers? The color is perfect for it!

R

Red_Lipstick

pigeon toe said:
I've been buying mostly books lately, but I thought you ladies might be interested! My most recent purchase, Feminology: A Guide for Womankind is from 1903. I collect these sorts of books from the mid 1800's up until the mid-1950's. There's going to be a book collection contest at my library in May, and I really want to win, so I've been beefing up my library a bit lately!

I'm most excited about the full-color anatomical chromolithographs.

Okay, enough nerdiness, back to the clothes! :)

Oh, and Deadpandiva, can I be your twin? That floral dress is just so perfect!

That book looks fantastic! I also like to buy old or vintage books and magazines :)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
texasgirl said:
Two New Dresses!!!

This one is for my 1930s reenacting- hope it fits!

637a_1.jpg
64b1_1.jpg

cff6_12.jpg

OH <MY!! That is beautiful!!! I am crossing my fingers that it fits!!!!

Mojito

One Too Many
Sixsexsix, I'm loving that colour! Yellow is big with me at the moment - here's a vintage flapper dress I put on layby a couple of weeks ago at Vintagetextile - it's on that wonderful durable cotton base:

golddressfront.jpg

golddressdetail2.jpg

Feminology - that has to be the best title ever, Pigeon Toe! How are you finding the advice, aside from how to treat Mad Dog bites? It looks like a practical guide to women's health, which is such a good idea (even today, many women don't know their bodies well enough).

Texasgirl, that 30s dress is just perfect. Nice, simple, elegant look, with just the right touch of frou frou detail at the neck.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks ya'll! BeBopBaby- fantastic idea for peacock feathers! I usually play a more saloon-type character so that will be perfect. Mojito- so jealous of the lovely flapper dress!!! That's going to look great with your coloring!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Mojito- That dress is gorgeous! I am in love. I wish with all my might after seeing this dress that my hips were not so wide. I get lost in flapperesqe dresses. Where do you wear yours to? I may set my body image feelings aside and invest in one to wear to my holiday party this year. Aside from that though - I don't know where to wear one. Or are you more of a care-taker of these fabulous pieces you post?

sixsexsix

Practically Family
while i was at the store where i bought that yellow dress yesterday i was complaining to the woman about how i can never find 40s/50s shoes in my size/width and she routed around in the back and pulled out these babies. a perfect 7 1/2 with average (modern) width. she put them on hold for me and i got them today :)
de23ddae.jpg

also picked up this lovely wallet as mine is on its last days
07a08790.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
pigeon toe said:

16ed_1_sbl.JPG

Very cool, PT. I LOVE older medical illustrations. Often I find them so much easier/cleaner to read than the illustrations you see today. It just creeps me out to know how they got a them :confused:

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
sissexsix-you've been getting some lovely stuff latley. I love those shoes so very much.
Kamikat- I love the necklace. I am really bad a buying jewlery.
Texasgirl-that 30's dress is beautiful in every way.
pigeon toe-I hope you win the book collection contest.
cherry lips- I am not sure what that collar is called. I will have to take a look through my sewing books or ask the sellar.
IMAG0121_edited.jpg
IMAG0124_edited.jpg

I just got this pin and I love it. It's really heavy though.
IMAG0118_edited.jpg

This hat is cuter than the photo shows.
IMAG0114_edited.jpg

This blouse is also way cuter than the photo shows. It's from the early 40's I think and home made. It closes with snaps and the pearls down the front are just for show.
IMAG0092_edited.jpg

This dress is really cute in person. I am afraid it will be nearly the same color as my top runway dress though.

R

Red_Lipstick

deadpandiva said:
IMAG0092_edited.jpg

This dress is really cute in person. I am afraid it will be nearly the same color as my top runway dress though.

I love your hair in this photo!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen