Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Swing Kitty

New in Town
I got these from Faith last week in the sale - £25. Bit of a bargain. Mine are red though...

7866061.jpg

I think they're a bit 40'sish - and surprisingly comfortable, which is always good! ;)

texasgirl

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
That is going to look amazing on, I love the shape of it, all you need to do now is hijack Sixsexsix's new shoes to go with it.

Oh, I've got my shoes all picked out- my Remix ones my husband got me for Christmas!!!
savoyblk350.gif

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Mojito said:
Feminology - that has to be the best title ever, Pigeon Toe! How are you finding the advice, aside from how to treat Mad Dog bites? It looks like a practical guide to women's health, which is such a good idea (even today, many women don't know their bodies well enough).

Actually, I think the best title goes to "The Ugly Girl Papers", a book from the same era that tells you how not to be the ugly girl that everyone pities! lol

I haven't gotten the book yet, but from what I can tell from other books that I have, I'm sure the advice isn't going to be that practical! Only recently have doctors started to research women's bodies outside of the context that they are really just male bodies that are lacking a certain anatomical part! ;) So I doubt they had much insight in the early 1900's!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Swing Kitty said:
I got these from Faith last week in the sale - £25. Bit of a bargain. Mine are red though...

7866061.jpg

I think they're a bit 40'sish - and surprisingly comfortable, which is always good! ;)

OH These are TO DIE FOR!

I have such a hard time finding cute shoes~!!!

THen again I am ultra picky.. LOL

The Shirt

Practically Family
The first was listed as 30s -I still think it might be 70s but I liked it nonetheless. I'm planning on using it as my cover-up on the cruise this winter.

haw3-1.jpg

My first Hawaiian frock. I dislike dealer bidders as the price was driven up so high. I just know I'd see the same exact dress in 2 weeks at a higher start price. I've been trying for nearly a year to get a hawaiian dress I like only to be beaten every single time (mainly by dealers who relist later). Grr. I just wanted one! Throw me a bone!

1339_1.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Thanks, Texasgirl, Shirt, and Sixsexsix. I love dense beadwork and the often interesting hem treatments on these cotton based gowns - this one is longer at the back and flared. Shirt, I wear them to event like the Art Deco festival in Napier, NZ, and sometimes to non-vintage functions like exhibition openings and my birthday. I do take the caretaker part seriously, though - who wants to be responsible for trashing a dress that has survived in near mint condition for over 80 years? I don't wear them to the point that they show stress - they're retired after a couple of outings to the conservation boxes. I want my niece to inherit them in the same condition I received them!

Love your crochet dress! It looks like it would be just the thing to wear on the cruise - depending on how heavy it was, it looks like just the thing I was hoping to pick up for my Singapore trip.

Deadpandiva, that pin looks fantastic - that mirror style is one of my favourite Deco design elements. Dresses and case are lovely too.

PigeonToe - "The Ugly Girl Papers"! Nowadays that would be title of a chicklit novel.

Mojito

One Too Many
That bright orange with the tassels and green is fantastic, Foofoogal - they have tonnes of personality, and not everyone could wear them.

Goldwyn Girl, those pieces are so pretty - there's a softness to the colour tone and design, but they're not too "fluffy".

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mojito said:
Sixsexsix, I'm loving that colour! Yellow is big with me at the moment - here's a vintage flapper dress I put on layby a couple of weeks ago at Vintagetextile - it's on that wonderful durable cotton base:

golddressfront.jpg

Mojito, this dress is obscenely stunning, now, after my gawking have I only been able to formulate those words that dont come close to the sheer exquisiteness of this garment.

LD

PS

A-List Customer
OH Y'ALL!

The more I read this thread the more time I spend over at Ebay. If someone could come and kindly kick my rear into gear I would really appreciate it! You are really finding some fabulous things!

pinkorgan-1218760240-16475.jpg

This is not my size but it looks like cup-cakey heaven in a dress! Tell me I am not the only one who "Watches" stuff I can't have?! Anyone?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
PS - I love that dress!! I don't mind looking like a cupcake, I seem to have a natural shape for that look!! :D I could manage to fit into that with a corset though. Hmmm.. pink organza dreamy cupcake dress!

here is what i bought today

black dress and purple hairflower clip

kjole1.jpg

blomst.jpg

Cricket

Practically Family
Darhling said:
PS - I love that dress!! I don't mind looking like a cupcake, I seem to have a natural shape for that look!! :D I could manage to fit into that with a corset though. Hmmm.. pink organza dreamy cupcake dress!

here is what i bought today

black dress and purple hairflower clip

kjole1.jpg

blomst.jpg

The dress is to die for. Good purchase!

texasgirl

One Too Many
texasgirl said:
Two New Dresses!!!

This one is for my 1930s reenacting- hope it fits!

637a_1.jpg
64b1_1.jpg

Well, it's too small :( I was aleady worried about the bust, and turns out it was even smaller than the measurements stated. I have contacted the seller to see if she'd refund, but I am not holding my breath. So I will post it over in the classifieds. Thanks!

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Sewing and Slippage

After a very long sewing process ( about 3 months, I keep getting interrupted by two small girls) I finally finished this dress for my birthday!
It was like a rubix cube to put together as it has no closures of fasteners, but it was worth it. The fabric is a cotton, for spring, and the print has little red goldfish all over it. It is from a Vintage Vogue 1952 pattern. It has a stiff high collar, and the front and back pieces are separate, closed by wrapping and tying at the front. This meant I had to find a full slip as it became quite revealing when heading up the stairs. But could I find a slip in the shops? In my size, not on your life! Even when I asked at the lingerie store, they told me that I couldn't possibly want one of those as I was too young! So I went Charity shopping and bought everything I could get my hands on.

2799301666_1a2cd1ff18_o.jpg

2799319642_8712e76e07_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart