Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No way, Jose

Odalisque said:
Well, unfortunately I put them up on ebay. I couldn't stand having them around and not being able to wear them.:eek: There aren't any bids yet so I can still remove them if your interested.

They measure 9 3/4 long and 2 3/4 across the ball of the foot. Not quite what I would call wide width. (I have very wide feet) But I'm a bit ignorant about shoe sizes so if you think they might fit, let me know.
That's pretty narrow. I think I need at least 3.5 inches wide on the ball or I can't get in at all. My feets are basically square.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Miss 1929 said:
That's pretty narrow. I think I need at least 3.5 inches wide on the ball or I can't get in at all. My feets are basically square.

I know exactly what you mean. I'd say for every 15 shoes I can mind in my length, 1 will fit width wise.

Oh well. The search continues....

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
I bought this as a birthday present for myself on the 25th (of August). Received it yesterday (Came straight from the UK). Same book went for over $190 on ebay (click here) but I got mine from Abebooks.com for $76 (including shipping). I still say that Ivan of Hollywood's book has got to be the easiest to read and follow (Its a textbook used by many school but it's easy enough for an everyday gal to read too). It goes straight to what you need to do for a certain style. and explains it very simply.

This book has lots of illustrations to follow too but has A LOT of words (extra details/background information)...Its basically like Louis Newberry's Hairstyle Design and my vintage cosmetology books.

hairbook.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
They're not actually my purchases because it's stuff my dad bought for me. It's probably at least 1950s-90s mix. So much of it may not be vintage at all but I think most of the pieces will work in a retro context and none of it's probably of any monetary value but that doesn't matter.

I'm not going to debate on the definition of vintage. Call it thrift if you want to!

All the large necklaces were my late grandma's so they're of great sentimental value to me. I'll be deeply saddened if I lose either of the bird/parot necklaces or the large black/green/pink one even though I don't have her statuesque height to wear the parot/wood and black/green/pink ones.

WARNING!!: IMAGE HEAVY!!!!!
Random purchase by dad:

Some of grandma's stuff:

Random purchase by my dad:

More of grandma's stuff:

More of dad's random purchases:

Lillemor

One Too Many
The goldtone one with "pearls" is a Napier but probably of newer date. It works well with a multitude of retro styles though depending on how it's worn; single, double, etc.:

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
First Pattern from Ebay!

Im so excited.. I just bought my first pattern from ebay... THe patterns I have now are from walmart... :)

Its very simple.. (what i need) and I cant wait to get it.. I also bid on a beautiful summer dress pattern also! Lets hope i win!

beb4_1.JPG

Odalisque

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
I'd probably cut my toes of to wear those. They are lovely. I love your screen name by the way.

I know. I tried very hard to convince my feet to fit into the them. It just wasn't happening.

And thank you.:)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I recently found this Stop Staring dress on Ebay NWOT for $30. It's made of rayon acetate and isn't stretchy. It's quite a nice dress, fully lined and everything. No kick pleat, so it's a true wiggle. I'm quite pleased with it!

ja4.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
We just bought a 1920's Art & Crafts transitional style home.

All original, except for a passable modernization to the kitchen and modern finshed attic.

All the original bathroom fixtures are intact as well. The toilet is date stamped 1929.

Does this go in here?

griffer

Practically Family
KittyT said:
There's a vintage homes thread in the Display Case.

Congrats on your new purchase!

Oh yeah, that's right!

I forgot.

Oh crud, this is the Powder Room too, very sorry for the intrusion, ladies, I really have forgotten my manners!

R

Red_Lipstick

KittyT said:
I recently found this Stop Staring dress on Ebay NWOT for $30. It's made of rayon acetate and isn't stretchy. It's quite a nice dress, fully lined and everything. No kick pleat, so it's a true wiggle. I'm quite pleased with it!

ja4.jpg

That dress looks amazing, KittyT! I love wiggle dresses :p

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Red_Lipstick said:
That dress looks amazing, KittyT! I love wiggle dresses :p

Thanks! I just noticed yesterday that the same dress is on sale at Daddyo's for $65. It has a lovely V-shaped back as well.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LelaViavonie said:
Kitty T!
We want pics of u in this stunning dress!
Its really is suuuper cute!:p :D :D

OK! OK! It's the first SS dress I've owned and I'm glad to have found a simple black cocktail dress. Sorry this pic isn't the greatest, but I lightened it a little bit to try to show some detail. As you see, I paired it with Remix babydolls and a belt.

laborday010.jpg

laborday007.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn