Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I found this dress on Ebay, that I have been looking for for ages!!! I love one shoulder dresses!

summerfling.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
I went on a bit of a Swirl bender and got two more. I can't help myself!

One is pink and the seller's deleted the photos! Drat!

The other one is this one:

b80a_12.JPG

I love that dress. The print is lovely.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A pleasant surprise in the mail box today. I keep a continuous eye out on eBay for cotton stockings in my size, since they're invaluable for everyday wear, and last week won a "new old stock" pair for $8.50. That's a pretty good price, considering that Vermont Country Store used to sell them for $11 a pair. Well, they arrived today and as soon as I opened the package I knew they *weren't* cotton at all. Apparently the seller was fooled by the cotton welt and sole, but the rest of the stocking is silk.

royprpstk.jpg

The packet listed them as Sears Royal Purples, style number 555, and a quick check of Sears catalogues found them listed in the 1938 Spring/Summer edition as service-weight silks, which are much more durable than sheers. But I don't think I'll be wearing these to clean out the garage.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
My first posting ever...

So hopefully this works...

Darhling said:
patterns, patterns, patterns.. with 50% off!

B5209.jpg

[/IMG]

I have this same pattern and made the version with the capped sleeves (I guess that is what they are called) attached for a dance coming up... It turned out great and I'm in love with this pattern... may even have to make the halter version for everyday wear.

This was my first ever sewing project so for those of you that don't really sew If I can do it anyone can...

PS

A-List Customer
Fleur,
Looks like we share a love of the Swirl.
Hey do you remember that really funky swirl a like? I know it was on your watch list for a while. I can't seem to find a pic of it...I wanted to offer to you. I am overwhelmed by the dress the pattern and the length are too much on my short frame. It comes nearly to the floor on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters