Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:
When i was in England.. I went to the Charity Shops and found these Beautiful coats for 3 Pounds! I was super excited!!

n671638709_1499434_2655199.jpg

I cant wait to go back :)

I LOVE the first one!! It's gorgeous!

Bunny

New in Town
Here are a few of the dresses I bought a couple weeks ago (I bought 3 more, but haven't taken pictures of them yet!) The blue floral dress is 50's and NOS! It's still got a tag attached to one sleeve (I've included photos of the tags). It's very "Stepford Wives". It makes me want to wear it with an apron and heels and make dinner for my boyfriend! haha!! The purple plaid dress is also 50's. It's cotton and very comfortable! I'll wear it a lot this summer!! It hasn't got a tag, it's homemade.
I've got larger photos on my blog of these dresses if anyone is interested (just click on the pictures)! The link is below in my signature!

0317091906a

0317091907a

0317091901a.jpg

0317091902a.jpg

0317091903.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
WOW! Howard Greer?? Awesome! I didn't know he did a ready to wear line as well as costumes. His dresses for Ginger Rogers in Carefree were lovely.

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
WOW! Howard Greer?? Awesome! I didn't know he did a ready to wear line as well as costumes. His dresses for Ginger Rogers in Carefree were lovely.

I didn't know either! Who knew? You don't even want to know how much it is. :eusa_doh: I can't wait to wear it!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
deco_darling said:
I didn't know either! Who knew? You don't even want to know how much it is. :eusa_doh: I can't wait to wear it!

That is a gorgeous, gorgeous dress and a real investment, worth every penny (however many you paid !;) )

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Vintage Inspired dress

Not actually vintage, but a great representation of the style. I picked up this Blonde Venus dress on eBay the other week and it has such a perfect lady-like day dress style. Blogged here.
3380982145_1a1b188b19_o.jpg

Not the best photo to show off the dress, but I'll take some more detailed shots soon.
I'm really feeling a late 50's vibe at the moment. Put it down to too much Mad Men!

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
Just got this cutie on Ebay---couldn't resist free shipping and will be pretty for spring I think:

J1130021.jpg

How to accesorize it if I want to wear it to work? What shoes? I don't have pink shoes but I do have cute red ones or would that be too much?

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
vampygirl13 said:
Just got this cutie on Ebay---couldn't resist free shipping and will be pretty for spring I think:

How to accesorize it if I want to wear it to work? What shoes? I don't have pink shoes but I do have cute red ones or would that be too much?

I think I lovely strappy gray (or silver or pewter) shoe would be nice. It depends on the weight of the red shoe, they may detract from the pattern and just draw the eye down. You want to keep people looking at the pretty dress.

Foofoogal

Banned
Very nice stuff everyone.
:eek:fftopic: I have a Howard Greer vintage sewing pattern. It is Advance 6802 American Designer pattern and states Original Design by Howard Greer The New York Times. Sz.14.

Going thru withdrawals with my stores shut down so had to buy me a nice vintage Dalton pink cashmere cardigan. I am running out of colors to buy in cardigans.
I am really looking high and low for a nice Hadley made exclusively for Joske's cardigan in a med. to large. I have a black one and it is the best feeling cardigan I have ever owned.
Trying to contain myself and not buy anymore sweater guards for awhile.

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
Thanks SKM! I do have a pair of pewter mary janes I could wear, didn't think of that. And my red shoes are a patent round toe slingback---I'll have to try them on and how they look.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
I went on a bit of a Swirl bender and got two more. I can't help myself!

One is pink and the seller's deleted the photos! Drat!

The other one is this one:

b80a_12.JPG

That's very pretty Fleur de Guerre.
Does it have pockets?

Superb for the coming summer, great stuff for going picnic.
I love Swirls, they so really marked an era!!

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
vampygirl13 said:

J1130021.jpg

I am in love with this dress!!! How about tan 40's peep toes? Or blue? No necklace to show off the collar and simple stud earrings... : }

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou