Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
RebeccaMUA said:
I agree! JC Penny's has some really REALLY cute stuff on sale right now. Lots of skirts (pencil, full, etc.) and darling blouses (including a boat necked, nautical inspired sweater in both navy and navy and white striped) for really great prices :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who frequents local dpt stores for 'staple' tailored pieces. Of course, I still think Mode Merr has the best pencil skirt I've tried but I can't plop down 50 + dollars every time. :)

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
SayCici said:
il_430xN.87683507.jpg

This was one of my impulse buys. I had little heart palpitations and worried someone else would find it and buy it before me (it was only $8!) so I jumped on it. The only bad part is I have nothing to wear with it so I also need to buy a pattern and some fabric, haha.

I adore it! I have a camel colored pencil skirt and some nude strappy sandals that would JUST go!! lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My purchase for the month.

Picture5.png

I had been looking for a match holder on and off for over a year, when I saw this one. It matches my breadbox and canister set! Not as in 'it would look perfect', but it actually MATCHES my set! Squeee!

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

The good news is, it was $9.45. The bad news is, the seller is charging $9.50 for shipping! :rage: She claims that shipping from IL is super expensive. I just messaged her to see if I could get it first class, because my breadbox and canister set to ship from NY was only $15. I refuse to believe it would cost that much.

LD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I got those bac-a-belt kits yesterday and they are SO COOL! Two of them are only 1/2" wide! I've never seen any that skinny. A couple of the buckles are the traditional cover-your-own with the 2 part buckle, but some of them are the kind where you stitch a tube to cover the buckle, same as almost all of the vintage dress belts I have! And some of them are the most brilliant thing I've ever seen - a groove in the back of the buckle with teeth on either side. You just cut a strip on the bias and poke it down into the groove so the teeth catch it. This way, you can easily reuse it later, and the buckle is reversible - You can put a contrasting piece of piping down into the groove as well.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lady Day said:
The good news is, it was $9.45. The bad news is, the seller is charging $9.50 for shipping! :rage:

*Update* Well the seller was very understanding, and after my second email, refunded me the 'handling fee' of $1.50, and the difference in postage which was about $2.60. So this fictional $9.50 shipping turned out to be really about $5.40, which is reasonable. So it literally 'pays' to be persistent :D

LD

sixsexsix

Practically Family
I see sellers with $20 shipping for a pattern - it's infuriating! I ship patterns! I know how much it costs!! grrrr :rage:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
:eek: $20!?
Thats horse pookie!
I cant stand padded shipping, it just drives me insane. That is one reason Im abstaining from eBay after this buy (that, and I have no money :eek: ).

LD

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Just came home from the monthly antiques market with new old treasures, some to keep, some to sell. Two man hats, including a Stetson with box; a stack of 50s/60s patterns, 1940s "The Gregg Writer (A magazine for secretaries, stenographers and typists)", a handful of silk scarves.
There was a three-piece matching luggage set that put me in mind of some of you ladies, and it was only $39! Also, a basket of assorted hair rollers and clips. I took a photo of it and will post in one of the hair threads, in case they're anything someone around here might like me to pick up for them.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Okay then. I was really just looking for a retro coffee can, but that's the one thing I didn't seem to find.
Some of what I brought home:
3890029953_2460ec7bee.jpg

3890030075_d9b585cc09.jpg

3890030055_fcb39c25ef.jpg

Some 60s patterns:
3890047599_da0ddbf672.jpg

Some 50s patterns:
3890047611_c098152c8f.jpg

Some children's patterns:
3890047615_fb089c4ed8.jpg

Some hats:
3890060917_59e1969afe.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
3891812052_e9d45a8000.jpg

$5 each!

3891811934_70a268110a.jpg

My Payless saddles. :)

3891812220_ee700da91e.jpg

Not my size, but couldn't resist! When I saw this at the antique mall I looked around suspiciously to see if there was anything else like it, the owner of the booth I was at doesn't usually stock patterns! If anyone is interested, let me know, I'll probably list it on ebay.

analiebe

A-List Customer
cici.... i'm very interested in this pattern - big for me but i think i could tweak it - please let me know if you'll be listinmg it on evilbay

3891812220_ee700da91e.jpg

Not my size, but couldn't resist! When I saw this at the antique mall I looked around suspiciously to see if there was anything else like it, the owner of the booth I was at doesn't usually stock patterns! If anyone is interested, let me know, I'll probably list it on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Bettie Booh

Familiar Face
I got a nice vintage slip, some glass decorative plates and two girls dresses frpm the 30s during the week. I only have this collage I made for the blog hope it'll do?

finds2.jpg

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
fuzzylizzie said:
I went to a huge flea market this weekend, and by far my best buy was 35 issues of Glamour and Charm magazines from the 1950s! A sampling:

hillsville2009%20004.jpg

These are wonderful. The covers alone are awe-inspiring!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy