Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lauren said:
Looks like they're American. Ball Corp. on Wikipedia.

Ah, I was asking in general - I didn't know where they were made!

My mother had a positive mania recently to get a Masons preserving jar - because she remembered the ones her Mum used to have in New Zealand in the 40s/50s. They seemed to have all disappeared, until we went to a huge second hand shop in the middle of nowhere and got one. Hurrah!

I also love preserving jars. :D

Lorena B

Practically Family
il_fullxfull50182148.jpg

Well, not really a purchase yet. I wont it bidding in "certain" on-line site, still waiting to pay for it something that i already would have done if it wasn't that i don't understand why after have seen in the shipping conditions only a first class international mail and instead i got an invoice for a USPS express mail shipping with a total of $27.95!!!( only the shipping)
Soooo, i am waiting for a new invoice for the mentioned first class int. shipping.
By the way, is it $27.95 for shipping from TX to Spain realistic??? just asking to be sure!!, thanks!!!

SayCici

Practically Family
Lorena B said:
il_fullxfull50182148.jpg

Well, not really a purchase yet. I wont it bidding in "certain" on-line site, still waiting to pay for it something that i already would have done if it wasn't that i don't understand why after have seen in the shipping conditions only a first class international mail and instead i got an invoice for a USPS express mail shipping with a total of $27.95!!!
Soooo, i am waiting for a new invoice for the mentioned first class int. shipping.
By the way, is it $27.95 for shipping from TX to Spain realistic??? just asking to be sure!!, thanks!!!
Wait, the shipping cost ITSELF is $28?? No that isn't reasonable for something as light as a pattern!

Emer

One of the Regulars
Housewares!

My fingers and arms are currently covered in paint and primer from my latest purchase. We're having 6 people for Thanksgiving this year I didn't have enough chairs. I decided to go the way of having a "matching-but-not-matching" look to my dinning room set, so I visited a local estate warehouse and found these beauties:

chairs-large.jpg

Left to right I paid: $20, $35, $15, and $12 for the lamp. The white chair is part of the set we currently own. Everything is getting a coat of black paint (because that what color most of the wood throughout our house is) and they'll each get cushions too. I'm QUITE happy with them all!

Blondie

Practically Family
Lorena B said:
il_fullxfull50182148.jpg

Well, not really a purchase yet. I wont it bidding in "certain" on-line site, still waiting to pay for it something that i already would have done if it wasn't that i don't understand why after have seen in the shipping conditions only a first class international mail and instead i got an invoice for a USPS express mail shipping with a total of $27.95!!!( only the shipping)
If they are registering the item it is 11.50 on top of the shipping,
i will only send items out of the USA is the buyer will agree to pay this,
i have had too many people want refunds because the item "vanishes" into thin air and then paypal makes me refund them everything, this way i can track an international parcel thru USPS and now evey parcel i post overseas has made it there.
So check and see if the auction stated that you will have to pay for the item to be registered, and you can always check USPS to see how much it should cost. According to my calculations a pattern to Spain would be 10.76
and with registration would be $22.26.
Hope this helps some !!!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Thank you Blondie, i do thank some light on this.
In this case the seller has on its shipping note international first class mail as unique choice so i got really surprised when i saw a different option.

I do understand the fact that some sellers do prefer to get a shipping option that reassures the arrival of the item purchased, but, as a former seller myself, i have always concisely stated a recorded shipping that was most economic for the buyer and i have stuck on it.
Anyway, i will wait for some news from him giving me perhaps a better shipping mode and hopefully i will get that little envelope in my hands soon ;)
Once again, thank you for your opinion, it has been highly valued.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
Wait, the shipping cost ITSELF is $28?? No that isn't reasonable for something as light as a pattern!

Yeah I ship patterns allthe time, and seriously, to ship from the US to pretty much ANYWHERE overseas is usually less than $5.00

the most I have ever paid was $6.75 you need to ask them to lower that !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner