Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Berlin

Practically Family
Miss Golightly said:
What fantastic finds! The first really reminds me of a suit Dita Von Teese was photographed wearing not too long ago. I haven't been in Oxfam for a long time - must check it out again!

I have been after a 1940's princess coat for ages and finally went and bought this Lilli Ann beauty:

LilliAnnPrincessCoat.jpg

Oh my..:eek: what a beautiful coat!

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
I got these bags one day from a selection of charity shops in one town. I've got 3 more that I bought on another day and i recently picked up two clutches. Its becoming a bit of a habit - someone stop me, PLEEEAASSSE! Theres a little bit more info on my blog
Autum%2009%20194.jpg

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Went on a bit of a shopping spree today. I will probably have a heart attack when I get my next bank statement but a girl needs to treat herself sometimes, right?

Firstly I just had to feed my hat addiction:

This one needs a little TLC:
vtageclothes006.jpg

and a lucky charity-shop find:
vtageclothes007.jpg

My favourite colour to wear:
vtageclothes002.jpg

A little headscarf:
vtageclothes008.jpg

I just fell in love with this cute little cat brooch:
vtageclothes005.jpg

Some earrings (to go with the brooch of course!):
vtageclothes004.jpg

and finally... (yes it's the last one!):
vtageclothes001.jpg

Not sure what I was thinking when I bought this, it's not the sort of thing I would usually go for. I think my judgment may have been impaired by the fact it was VERY cold outside and I had left the house without a coat lol (that and it was a steal at just £15)

Louise Anne

Suspended
miss_molly said:
and finally... (yes it's the last one!):
vtageclothes001.jpg

Not sure what I was thinking when I bought this, it's not the sort of thing I would usually go for. I think my judgment may have been impaired by the fact it was VERY cold outside and I had left the house without a coat lol (that and it was a steal at just £15)

It looks great to me, there must have been something about it that attracted you to it , experiment and see what it looks like on, that the great thing about vintage fashions, you can always sell it and maybe even make a dollar or two on it.

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Aw thanks. Yes, I was a little unsure about it - but it looks better on than it does on a hanger and it does feel wonderful to wear. Who knows, if I never get around to wearing it I might even be able to sell it in the FL classifieds lol

SayCici

Practically Family
That hat really is amazing. I'm jealous you've got the perfect green hat for yourself!

analiebe, you look great as well!

shepkatt

Familiar Face
C-dot said:
Oh, my aching bank statement...

I just bought these. They'll be sent across the pond to my waiting arms (and legs) on the 20th of this month.

Gotta stop reading Amanda Lee's blog!

I have 4 pairs of these. I love them! I like them cuffed but they have all had to be hemmed.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Deadpandiva...No lie, I saw your glorious hat and heard ANGELS singing! :eusa_clap Just amazing! Now you owe us a picture of you working it! (Oh, and that snood is on my wish list too!)

Analiebe...one classy gal, as always. Love the way your new hat worked with your hair set too!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
That's some 'swim suit'! Looks much more suited to posing, or perhaps performing while wearing a feather headdress... ;)

I managed to acquire this Camp corset for very little $, and the seller (who turned out to be local) even dropped it off at an antique shop for me to collect. No postage. :)
The original box was included as well.
4110621912_bb2365340e_b.jpg

4110621910_9d50563e43.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21