Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
You know Paul, I think it's actually my size, though as I was bidding on it, I was thinking more along the lines of it'd just be a fun thing to have. Now that I've seen it up close and played with it a bit, perhaps I will try to wear it.
Of course, I'll have to figure out all the straps and strings first!

Louise Anne

Suspended
ThesFlishThngs said:
You know Paul, I think it's actually my size, though as I was bidding on it, I was thinking more along the lines of it'd just be a fun thing to have. Now that I've seen it up close and played with it a bit, perhaps I will try to wear it.
Of course, I'll have to figure out all the straps and strings first!

I hope you do try it out if you can, this maybe of some help Camp

I was toying with the idea of having one made up so I would be interested in seeing it wore.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Snood came from etsy seller Artheliasattic. I love Etsy. I wish I could have gotten it in green though. I do feel really lucky to have found that hat. I have been looking for one for ages.

epr25 that swimsuit is amazing.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
CherryRed said:
I'm trying to find a replacement for that green yarn. The company discontinued it.:( I have to find something in the correct weight and texture. Others have asked for it green too.
Cool! I'll be sure to keep checking your shop. :)

cecil

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
!B,qHrWg!2k~$(KGrHqQH-DwEqu2YOLdeBKsdVGUZ-g~~_3.JPG
!B,qHqJQ!mk~$(KGrHqQH-D4EqulEKL0fBKsdU4HvIg~~_3.JPG

Hats like this make my heart siiiinggg!

Alas my purchases today have been rather uninspired. From the "boring but important" files:

-Lauren Rennel hair book, at long last. So bored with my current hair, needed some fresh ideas.
-'50s Fully Fashioned stockings for FOUR DOLLARS. So glad that I can still find cheapies around, prices have gone through the roof. Grumpy face.
-My first snood. Black, of course. It's hitting summer in Australia and it's just too darned hot to wear a hat in the daytime.

Oh and for Aussie girls, I think I'm the last to know but I only just found this website. It has lots of basic things like snoods and the aforementioned book and FF stockings and Besame but it's based in Canberra so you don't have to pay a billion jillion dollars postage.

http://thedarlingsisters.myshopify.com/

Inky

One Too Many
I am weak over the power of sensible shoes....my 2nd pair of saddles, all maroon, Willits brand. New but not vintage - a good deal cheaper than Muffy's (found on ebay). Still saving for green/white pair or b/w pair ;)

4115068305_accd1799f8_o.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
23SkidooWithYou said:
Please, please promise to give an interior shot of the wardrobe when it lands.

my darling long lost sister skidoo - i always keep my promises... so heres my little walnut "gentleman" all set up - it got delivered today & doesn't it look perfect!!!

internalbedroom.jpg

i could hardly wait to get home from work and hang things!!!! and decided that all my "manly" gear should reside within... although the odd skirt-suit & ladies blouse will be allowed the dresses & more girly wear are definately staying in their own closets!
but enough chatter... the promised interior shots...

gentlemanswrdrobeinterior00.jpg

gentlemanswrdrobeinterior02.jpg

gentlemanswrdrobeinterior01.jpg

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I have a 'Mickey Around the House Dress' and I love, love love it! I've been on a search for more ever since I got it.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Little 'Manrobes' - man sized wardrobes - are so handy for separates.

We have a nice one, but I have to share it with a BOY who has far too many suits, so no room for my things. Pah!

(and he takes up all the room in the big wardrobes too with all his hefty men's coats and suits! Unfair!)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
analiebe said:
my darling long lost sister skidoo - i always keep my promises... so heres my little walnut "gentleman" all set up - it got delivered today & doesn't it look perfect!!!

gentlemanswrdrobeinterior00.jpg

Squeeeeeee!!!! Analiebe, I absolutely adore him! Those little pull out drawers just do it for me. Thank you so much for remembering!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
On the menu this evening....

a fat free vegetable soup inspired by an incredibly tailored suit. ;)

I broke one of the rules by purchasing an item that probably won't quite fit just now. The measurements are super close to being correct and the largest I've seen in a tailored suit that I actually liked. It might fit with a cincher. It WILL fit after I shed a few more pounds. <bows head in moment of respect for Susan Powter's vegetable soup recipe>

50s_Blue_Wool_Suit_018.jpg

50s_Blue_Wool_Suit_029.jpg

There's a really skinny bow at the back of the waist but the pic didn't have enough contrast so not worth posting.

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
cecil said:
Hats like this make my heart siiiinggg!

Alas my purchases today have been rather uninspired. From the "boring but important" files:

-Lauren Rennel hair book, at long last. So bored with my current hair, needed some fresh ideas.
-'50s Fully Fashioned stockings for FOUR DOLLARS. So glad that I can still find cheapies around, prices have gone through the roof. Grumpy face.
-My first snood. Black, of course. It's hitting summer in Australia and it's just too darned hot to wear a hat in the daytime.

Oh and for Aussie girls, I think I'm the last to know but I only just found this website. It has lots of basic things like snoods and the aforementioned book and FF stockings and Besame but it's based in Canberra so you don't have to pay a billion jillion dollars postage.

http://thedarlingsisters.myshopify.com/

Cecil, thanks for posting the website, its great! :D It really gets depressing having to pay so much postage all the time. I wish i knew about it before I got my hair book!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I am painfully broke so I have not shopped in a while. but i did get these for really cheap and I was in desperate need of stockins as mine are all runned-up lol

il_430xN.101951984.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR