Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Lauren said:
Thanks, Foofoogal! I'm looking forward to creating something with it.

I'm super excited about my purchase- a Howard Greer gown!! :D :D :D
howardgreer.jpg

Oooh! Howard Greer! How exciting!!!

Claireg

One of the Regulars
Had an awesome treasure hunting day at the auction today, my best finds were these, firstly my amazing "John Howard, Mayfair" jacket - Im pretty sure its 40's, am i right?? It was $5 US equlivalent in a box of junk!
1412025.jpg

and then, my burgundy gloves
1412030.jpg
[/IMG]
then bestest of all, hidden in a box with the gloves and a squillion different vintage sewing bits and pieces was this....
1412032.jpg
[/IMG]
it is sealed and its label is as sparkly as the day it was made - 1951 BTW!!
I was so excited because it is truly treasure - I had no idea it was there when i bought the box lot, and the box lot only cost $15 US!!

Anneloes

New in Town
I went to a local 2nd-hand market yesterday --the Noordermarkt in Amsterdam, if anyone should be interested-- and scored three dresses, a faux leopard fur winter hat (not vintage though) and a fifties ceramic aqua-blue kitchen set of one vase and seven pots with lids! Unfortunately no pictures yet, my dresses are drying after a nice wash right now. One is royal blue thick cotton shirtdress with long sleeves (and I think eighties, but it has a very fifties silhouette), one is a shirtdresss with a purple print and pleated skirt, and the third a finely knitted dark brown dress with subtle red shimmering thread worked through and a diagonally buttoned up neckline, very christmasy!
I do have a picture of a more summery dress I scored on etsy yesterday though:

il430xn90925281.jpg

il430xn86045986.jpg

I really hope it fits, it might be a little on the loose side.. although I suppose that it's easier to take a dress in than to magically add extra fabric to let it out ;)

Inky

One Too Many
good grief, everyone is finding such lovely things!!

Lauren - that dress deserves a night of dancing and satin slippers - it's incredible and I do hope you will show us a picture of you wearing it soon.

As for me, well, I saw this on etsy, kept away from it for over 24 hours and STILL had to have it.

40's net and sequined snood and matching evening bag. I may be too afraid to actually use these, but they are supposed to be in good/excellent condition, so perhaps just once ;) or maybe twice....

4188711564_bb904465cf_o.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
OH Inky...truly unique! I love it! I hope you wear it for New Years!

Well, I've been licking my newbie wounds. First, I got outbid on a new look dress that was just a dream. Next, I lost an auction on an atomic print wiggle dress because my computer froze as I was bidding. Finally, I can't find a red cardi to save my life...at least not one in my size that I actually like. Turns out I was just looking for the wrong color!

Ladies, I lost my cardiginity!

It's not red and it won't be here for Christmas but who cares.

il_430xN.110476033.jpg

il_430xN.110475970.jpg

Cricket

Practically Family
Inky said:
good grief, everyone is finding such lovely things!!

Lauren - that dress deserves a night of dancing and satin slippers - it's incredible and I do hope you will show us a picture of you wearing it soon.

As for me, well, I saw this on etsy, kept away from it for over 24 hours and STILL had to have it.

40's net and sequined snood and matching evening bag. I may be too afraid to actually use these, but they are supposed to be in good/excellent condition, so perhaps just once ;) or maybe twice....

4188711564_bb904465cf_o.jpg

And maybe a third...Lovely!

Inky

One Too Many
Thanks, 23SkidooWithYou and Cricket! I usually stay home on New Year's eve (my wild and crazy party days looooong behind me now), so it might be a bit much, but eventually the right event will happen - even if it's just a night (or three) of (very careful) dancing.

I love that color!! Congrats on your first cardi! And be patient, the right red one will come along.

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Inky- those are LOVELY. so amazing for New Years or any party!

I found these vintage Christmas items the other week here in NYC:

4176771059_8eb5087f8d_m.jpg
4176771035_5ccc4a5b43_m.jpg

Unused Cards

4177529788_a87e8ed929_m.jpg

Clip ornament from the 30s

4176770899_564d697fb7_m.jpg

Snowman with a cello!

4176770799_dd20ce9ec8_m.jpg

Vintage Grapes for the tree! I actually wore these in my hair for a party last weekend..haha!

4181729521_d137ded6db_m.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
clubwitsend said:
I found these vintage Christmas items the other week here in NYC:

4177529788_a87e8ed929_m.jpg

Clip ornament from the 30s

Vintage Grapes for the tree! I actually wore these in my hair for a party last weekend..haha!

4181729521_d137ded6db_m.jpg

I love the little birdy, she's so pretty!

As for the impromptu head piece...Mame Dennis! Mame Dennis ALL the way! (referring to the scene where plucks decorations from the house to wear on her hat and coat for dinner with Beau)

Foofoogal

Banned
It's not red and it won't be here for Christmas but who cares.

drool..I am a cardiganaholic.

clubwitsend
I am so into anthropomorphic stuff lately. those cards are very cool. I found a very, very old celery salt today. Did not even know they were produced long ago.

Is that a white pull string purse?

what a gorgeous color on that dress.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Got a huge lot of notions for $15. I wanted them for the scissors, zippers and the darning kit in the center. Those would have been $20+ alone! There are even some vintage seam gauges in the mix. :rolleyes:

Picture2-1.png

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Awesome. Those lots are great for keeping the sewing room stocked! Nothing as aggravating as being mid-project and then realizing you don't have something.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I shouldn't have....

but I did!

It's perhaps a bit too holiday/seasonal, and I really didn't need it and probably won't wear it until next Christmas (unless something really rockin' happens on St. Patty's Day!) but, but, but...

"Carol Gowns by Mr. Walter" 1950's Green Velvet Deadstock, simple scoop back, that front high neck bow, rushed 3/4 length sleeves and an attached net crinoline (one layer so will have to add my own). I just need killer earrings and the right shoes and bag and I'm ready for Holiday 2010!

4194098416_0195d08b72_m.jpg

4194097822_62e8c05cf5_m.jpg

4193340213_73def5d36e_m.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana