Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

SayCici

Practically Family
7375.jpg

:) I love the vest.

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
deadpandiva said:
!BhkGfBQBGk~$(KGrHqYH-CoEsM-1yLsNBLJsmcF51w~~_35.JPG

I got this on ebay and I asked for a similar frame for Christmas. This one has a photo of Myrna Loy and the one I hope I am getting has a photo of Claire Trevor.

Deadpandiva, I LOVE vintage frames like this one. I spotted a few small ones at my fave little flea market a couple of months ago, and didn't buy them (I should have!) They were gone the next time I was in there, and I've never seen any like them again. Just beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
I just bought this pair of Freddies of Pinewood dungarees (what my Midwestern-rearing refers to as overalls), they arrived yesterday! They fit so beautifully, the denim is really soft but tough, and the zipper is hidden in the left front pocket. Brilliant!

I can't wait to wear them out, my husband isn't too sure about them (he's always a bit wary of my newest purchases) but he thinks they're flattering. PLUS - they have a 34" inseam, which is just long enough for me to have a regular length with a nice cuff. Usually I'm running around in highwater pants!

blue-f.gif

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Miss Jess said:
I can't wait to wear them out, my husband isn't too sure about them (he's always a bit wary of my newest purchases) but he thinks they're flattering.

blue-f.gif
I agree, very flattering! You look great.

SayCici

Practically Family
So cute on you, Miss Jess! Your waist looks tiny. I'm on the east coast and they're called overalls for us too.

Mojito

One Too Many
Lovely! I do adore black velvet, either on someone with dark hair or as a contrast with blondes or redheads.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Dutchess said:
HPIM4663.jpg

Black velvet cap, early 1950's I believe. I bought it for 15 euros from an online seller.

Dutchess...they way you said "oops another hat" made me giggle. It's as if they just leap onto your head, leaving you no other choice but to purchase them! ;) LOL What's a girl to do? Right? lol

It's a beautiful hat and you wear it very well!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Oh, I have been a BAAAAAAAAAAAAD girl lately...

A fabulous late 30s evening coat in grosgrain fabric with a hood. Yep, Little Red Riding Hood!

Front
034.jpg

Back
035.jpg

I need to have it cleaned and fix the lining which is peeking out a fair way at the back. Ooops! I only bought it the day before we went away for New Year so it had to come too.

Hats! Whoo-hoo! Will post more pics in Hat thread of these.

30s Riding style hat
021.jpg

Amazing late 20s/early 30s red hat, side view
016.jpg

My pic of a hat I posted recently, a nice sporty 30s hat.
012.jpg

30s multi coloured beaded handbag. I have been after one for ages and a friend was selling it, so it came to me. :)
010.jpg

Some 40s? earrings.
004.jpg

Also a late 20s/early 30s linen suit, but that is soaking so will post once it is sparkly clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21