Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
NSB Steve Erkel moment...Oops! Did I do that?

Okay, I know it's just a girdle and not very exciting, but it's my first and I'm tickled. I thought about and planned this purchase (go me) and was super excited that it came in at the lowest end of my bid.
4425893403_ff02744045.jpg

Here's where it gets "pretty" ugly.
I had an NSB free pass for one dressy dress and was feeling really empowered about walking away from a few. When this pink confection came up, I indulged. I blogged about it...noting that I'll be so broke I'll have to wear it at home whilst dining on Ramen Noodles!

4425831617_8803a880c0.jpg

4425832699_45b1068732.jpg

I would say "tomorrow is a new day" for NSB...but it IS tomorrow. :eek:

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Harpy said:
My latest vintage fashion finds...

laurel-brooch-earrings.jpg

They're not a matched set but they're close! And they were eBay bargains. Oh eBay, how I love you and hate you. :)

Oh Harpy...that brooch SENDS me!
Well played, Madame...well played. :eusa_clap

Cricket

Practically Family
23SkidooWithYou said:
Okay, I know it's just a girdle and not very exciting, but it's my first and I'm tickled. I thought about and planned this purchase (go me) and was super excited that it came in at the lowest end of my bid.
4425893403_ff02744045.jpg

Here's where it gets "pretty" ugly.
I had an NSB free pass for one dressy dress and was feeling really empowered about walking away from a few. When this pink confection came up, I indulged. I blogged about it...noting that I'll be so broke I'll have to wear it at home whilst dining on Ramen Noodles!

4425831617_8803a880c0.jpg

4425832699_45b1068732.jpg

I would say "tomorrow is a new day" for NSB...but it IS tomorrow. :eek:

I love this pink dress! And the color is perfect for the upcoming spring season, which I am so ready for by the way.
You may be eating noodles, but at least you would be eating in style. ;)

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Skidoo, that pink dress is amazing! I'd put it on and dance in my living room whilst dining on said ramen. Look at it this way, eventually you'll forget how much you spent and you'll still have the dress to enjoy. :D

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Thanks girls.

I have a super weakness for these 1950's party dresses. I'll have to go to VLV one year just so I can wear them! Do plane tickets and a hotel room count as "accessories" for a dress? ;)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
23SkidooWithYou said:
Thanks girls.

I have a super weakness for these 1950's party dresses. I'll have to go to VLV one year just so I can wear them! Do plane tickets and a hotel room count as "accessories" for a dress? ;)
Lovely dress and yes in my book, tickets and a hotel are accessories !!!! And chocolate is a food group :) See you in Vegas !

Inky

One Too Many
I like the way Goldwyn Girl thinks!!

23Skidoo - that dress is lovely - please post a picture of you wearing it - it's got easter and springtime written all over it!!

I've been doing pretty well at selling and using that money to buy wishlist items. Today I purchased a jacket that has sat in my kaboodle wishlist for two months - it was still available and i still wanted it - yay wishlists!!

4427830252_bcf1d5526f.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Inky said:
I like the way Goldwyn Girl thinks!!

23Skidoo - that dress is lovely - please post a picture of you wearing it - it's got easter and springtime written all over it!!

I've been doing pretty well at selling and using that money to buy wishlist items. Today I purchased a jacket that has sat in my kaboodle wishlist for two months - it was still available and i still wanted it - yay wishlists!!

4427830252_bcf1d5526f.jpg

Inky...great little topper jacket! Very 40's and I adore Grey! It was truly meant to be yours. Congrats for making NSB really work for you!

Hmmm...I should send you the link to a ...noooo, that would be enabling. ;)

Harpy

New in Town
GrrlFriday said:
Love, love, love that perfect pink confection of a dress.

Harpy, are those dress clips?

Nah, they're definitely clip-on earrings, but could probably work as dress clips too as long as you were careful, the grip's not as tight as the dress clips I've seen. I will have to check my jewellery component suppliers and see if you can still get those little rubber grips/cushions that go through the hole in the clip.

Inky

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Thanks ladies :)
Inky, that coat is fantabulous! Isnt it just the best to save and get what you really want!?

LD

Thanks 23Skidoo and LD, I really love it and it feels like it's so me!

23Skidoo - enable away - I am strong!! (and really good at deleting lately)

LD - it sure is - it's also interesting that it's enabled me to refine my wants versus my needs over the last months of NSB - this has been the "easiest" so far. The free pass just doesn't work for me - I need to "earn" them and it makes me wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy