Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I'm really excited about these :)
bazaarjan38.GIF
bazaarjune37.GIF

crwritt said:
ThesFlishThngs said:
Has anyone some thoughts on this skirt, regarding era or purpose? The white part above the pleats is satiny, like a crinoline lining would be. It fits snuggly over the hips, with the pleated part beginning at the lower hip/upper thigh. When wearing it, all I can think to do is add a long sweater, but I wonder how it was worn originally, and when?
Also, there's the paper tag inside, as seen in the second photo, along with a thin strip of paper stitched in where the brown and white are sewn together.

This looks 80's to me, it is the skirt part of an outfit and would have gone with a long coordinating tailored
jacket.The top white part isn't supposed to show. I think 80's because it is bengaline, and also because it has serged edges.The paper caught in the stitching is something remaining from the manufacturing process.
It would look good with a long sweater or tunic.

Yes, I remember these. I agree 100% it's 80's.

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Ms Sew-n-Sew said:
I couldn't resist this print and have just made some Simplicity 4044 trousers in red cotton drill that will go perfectly :)

Does anyone have a suggestion for the date of the top? It was sold as 1930s, but I thought it might be a little later...? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

printtop.jpg

printtopcloseup.jpg

Oh, but that is super! Yes, 30s.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Lauren said:
I'm really excited about these :)
bazaarjan38.GIF
bazaarjune37.GIF

I am a HUGE sucker for magazines from the '30s and '40s. I found three almost-mint Ladies Home Journal mags from the 1940s for $5 each at an antique store a few weeks ago.

Lenore

Practically Family
RockyHorror said:
Photo_00031.jpg

I just bought this beautiful 50's Hawaiian wiggle dress. SO fun to wear!

Between this picture, and the one on the hair do's thread, you've gained an admirer in my husband who's has been sitting next to me. "Wow! I could even overlook that she's Canadian.." Feel free to ignore him. That's how he compliments people. [huh]

BoPeep

Practically Family
Gorgeous RockyHorror! Pink and aqua are my favorite colors this summer. And I've bought dresses too small also. They're still okay if you know you won't have to sit very much and will be able to take it off in a few hours. lol

swinggal

One Too Many
I just scored this mid 30s burgundy felt beauty. I've been trying to find a vintage slouched fedora-style hat that I liked for years. I love the way they looked on Garbo and Crawford back in the day - very sultry, and I think tilted styles suit my face. Best of all...it was $14 bucks!

Anyhoo...

fedora.jpg

fedora-4.jpg

fedora-3.jpg

fedora-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters