Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Foofoogal

Banned
Picked up a red velvet Mindy Ross dress and a black velvet with lace dress with Union Label from 1955. Christmas goodies. :)
Melted in the heat while acquiring said items. :eusa_doh:

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Was hoping for some glove afficionados to chime in with some information about these? i tried googling the brand and don't get very much.
I am def sure they are at least late 40s, early 50s.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Foofoogal said:
Picked up a red velvet Mindy Ross dress and a black velvet with lace dress with Union Label from 1955. Christmas goodies. :)
Melted in the heat while acquiring said items. :eusa_doh:

I'm with you Foof! it was 103 here yesterday when i wandered into this cool thrift lol what gal in her right mind cares what the weather is when on the vintage prowl :eusa_clap

Lily Powers

Practically Family
shopgirl61 said:
Was hoping for some glove afficionados to chime in with some information about these? i tried googling the brand and don't get very much.
I am def sure they are at least late 40s, early 50s.

It's that pesky cursive font they used on the tag ;) . Instead of "Cresendee," it appears to be "Crescendoe." I played with it a bit and Crescendoe Glove Co. was a fabric plant operated in conjunction with the Superb Glove Co., which began in 1918 in Johnstown, NY. Try it again and see what you can find out. I like to research my vintage finds, too.:)

swinggal

One Too Many
Got this lovely gaberdine jacket today. The burgundy collar is built in :)

148.jpg

149.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
Mrs Cleaver said:
Beautiful jacket Swing gal!Luv your new avatar pic you look gorgeous!:)
Shopgirl,those gloves are devine , fantastic colour!What a wonderful find,well done:)

Thanks MC. Now where is YOUR avatar?? I think you need one ;)

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
New purchase off ebay, 1930's silk velvet evening dress, this dress has many flaws, but it was only £14.00.
It's my new project to bring it back to life, I need to gain some velvet to repair the badly patched sections, I'm thinking of putting a V in the back, what do you think? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
CIMG3247_1.jpg

CIMG3250.jpg

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
I agree - the back is gorgeous as it is.

I've just bagged another 1950s Vogue knitting book for 99p:

!B)-RjgwBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjwEwrQL-E(1BMPyNGjRp!~~_35.JPG

I don't understand why the seller listed it with an awful 70s knitting magazine, so I've told him to keep it and relist it. The 70s make me shudder :)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Miss Golightly said:
I picked up this lovely cardigan (in the sales!!!!!!!) in Monsoon - part of their Fusion line - the detachable collar is heavily beaded with pearls:

PearlCardigan.jpg

Pearls.jpg

Very sweet!

I love that some current companies are still doing detachable collars. I have a few vintage collars which I use with one sweater, as the original sweaters are long gone.

BD

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
swinggal said:
Thanks MC. Now where is YOUR avatar?? I think you need one ;)
Heehee yeah i know,it's just that every pic that i've considered for my avatar i've looked at & gone eewww:rolleyes: I have recieved some new vintage goodies recently though so i should get all dolled up & take a pic.I'll put one up soon i promise:)
Miss Golightly,just beautiful!I wish i could raid your closet:)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
These were purchased awhile back and I just never got around to posting them!

Great houndstooth high-waisted shorts. They're almost TOO high-waisted. They look drab on the hanger, but after having them tailored, they're knockout.
DSC00404-1.jpg

Petticoat, $1 in the bargain bin at my favorite local vintage shop. The design is a very pale pink tulle. Needs some cleaning and reinforcing at the seams, but overall a nice find I think.
DSC00405-1.jpg

Also check out my new glasses. Don't love them as much as the old ones, but they'll do.
DSC00486.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24