Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

swinggal

One Too Many
wahine said:
I'm one of the gals who don't really care for shoes but can't control themselves about bags, purses... actually, anything that you can put anything in. So, right now, I'm waiting for this to be in the mail:

I think it's actually a men's set, but I'm hoping to use some of the stuff for a ladies' set I already have which isn't complete. Even if it doesn't fit in, I just love this kinda stuff :eek:

Cool! And you have just reminded me that I have 3 of these around the house :) I completely forgot about them! I might just use when I travel next time. They are all mens ones though.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
Recently won these earrings on Ebay! I have the matching necklace and have been looking for these earrings forever! I was amazed at how many bids there were and how high the price went for a simple pair of costume earrings, but I paid very little for the necklace - and hopefully this demand means the set is actually worth something/collectible. They are Coro, 1956.

!By6DpFg!Wk~$(KGrHqN,!iEEw5Kc,c5gBMTt6gbYgw~~_12.JPG

I've had this necklace for a long time and never worn it because I didn't have any pieces to match (I'm really neurotic about having complete sets). Now I can actually wear it!
bluenecklace.jpg

For a little fun :)
Coro1956springsummerad.jpg
Very lucky that you found the earrings! I'm the same way about jewelry sets. haha

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
OMG, FINALLY! I've been after one of these for a while, but I wasn't going to get into a bidding war, nor was I going to BIN for over $100 (ridiculous!!)

I FINALLY found a BIN in my price range. I made a Best Offer and it was immediately accepted. I can't wait to get this. It'll be my first ;)

39923_421939754163_624014163_4811965_1094745_n.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have that one!
Its a great one :) Congrads!

They can go for crazy bank. I saw one that I wanted from the war time go for $260 in a bidding war! Then I got the same one for $30 6 months later.

LD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I've noticed a lot of vintage ephemera has been overpriced lately. Magazines, patterns, yearbooks, catalogs (all the stuff I love most, too.) I mean, we know there's a recession and you don't have money, but neither does anyone else lol I see the same catalogs and magazines on ebay, month after month. I guess it's good no one is buying ;)

In my husband's hobby the prices have gone DOWN since the recession. People are desperate for the $$$.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I think the novelty of them makes them recession resistant. Im really seeing the WWII home front stuff go for insane money. Even incomplete patterns are commanding high prices, sheesh!

LD

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Should I open it?

I found this today at the flea market. For five bucks, I figure I'd take a shot...

chanel1.jpg

chanel2.jpg

chanel3.jpg

It's still in the wax paper wrap. Question is, how old is it? Also, what species of Chanel No. 5 is it?

M

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Sadly there is no way to show how beautiful this late 30's gown is with out having my sister pose in it. Since it's her birthday preasent though I can't show it to her yet.
ff7ef08e1b82.jpg

ae7e35fb187f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy