Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

swinggal

One Too Many
matrioshka said:
I found this today at the flea market. For five bucks, I figure I'd take a shot...

chanel1.jpg

chanel2.jpg

chanel3.jpg

It's still in the wax paper wrap. Question is, how old is it? Also, what species of Chanel No. 5 is it?

M

You HAVE to open it! If it is glue sealed, steam it open so you can close it again of you want. If tape sealed just slice the tape with a scalpel or blade. Could be a gift set or anything :) Fancy it never being opened. Maybe the lady bought a stock of them and then passed away or something...the rest never to be used....

D

Deleted member 12480

ah, thankyou lovelies! Oh and the fabric is kind of a rough, wool, weave type thing!

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
swinggal,

I'm going to see how long I can resist the urge :)

CherryWry,

Thank you for the link. Looks as if I may have to open it to see what bottle type it is.

Oh, you'll get a kick out of this: I got it at the Hollis flea market.

M

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
Whoa Annie. And it was not that long ago that you were on here asking for advice about which era has which particular looks. I'd say you learned quite fast! You look super-stunning-40s in every photo I see you in as of late :eusa_clap

You have found your nitch, Miss Annie!
The dress is lovely and I am envious of your bathing suit!

D

Deleted member 12480

Miss sofia said:
Oh i love the colour, very nice indeed! x

Oh me too, it looks like strawberries and cream! :')

Amy Jeanne said:
Whoa Annie. And it was not that long ago that you were on here asking for advice about which era has which particular looks. I'd say you learned quite fast! You look super-stunning-40s in every photo I see you in as of late :eusa_clap

Aah, that is the ultimate flattering compliment! This has made my day! I think the 'sections' of different eras in the shop helped, some of the other vintage shops that are just *vintage* i feel very overwhelmed and give up, how are you supposed to find the 40s tea dresses amongst reams of garish 70s weird looking dresses?? :p

Foofoogal said:
Adorable finds Annie. You remind me of my oldest granddaughter in the dress. Glad you and your mom salvaged it. :eusa_clap

Ah, thankyou - thats lovely. And yeah we used that iron-on thing and took some inconspicuous snips from the seams to patch it up. You can still see if you look closely but at least it doesn't look like you have a gaping hole in your dress. I think it was much cheaper because it had taken a bit of a beating. Now the seams are coming away on my other dress :eusa_doh:

Honey Bee said:
You have found your nitch, Miss Annie!
The dress is lovely and I am envious of your bathing suit!

Mmm, thankyou so much :):) xxx

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
Recently won these earrings on Ebay! I have the matching necklace and have been looking for these earrings forever! I was amazed at how many bids there were and how high the price went for a simple pair of costume earrings, but I paid very little for the necklace - and hopefully this demand means the set is actually worth something/collectible. They are Coro, 1956.

!By6DpFg!Wk~$(KGrHqN,!iEEw5Kc,c5gBMTt6gbYgw~~_12.JPG

I've had this necklace for a long time and never worn it because I didn't have any pieces to match (I'm really neurotic about having complete sets). Now I can actually wear it!
bluenecklace.jpg

For a little fun :)
Coro1956springsummerad.jpg

Really pretty set. I love the color!

Emer

One of the Regulars
il_430xN_126966840.jpg

I just purchased this Westinghouse fan on etsy (still in working condition). When I saw it my heart skipped a beat! Our bedroom & bathroom is done in shades of brown and I was needing a little fan in there. I'm practically counting the minutes until it arrives!

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
DSC06016.JPG

$5!!!!!! It juuust fits!!! It's handmade and the hem hasn't been stitched on it! I think it is older but the zipper is plastic so I am not sure when it might have been made...the zipper has stamped on it, "iron like nylon"! It is a chiffon material, really prettier in person then in the photo.

DSC06021.JPG

Brand new...$5!! It has speghetti straps but I will remedy that soon..I dislike them :(

DSC06025.JPG

Ralph Lauren...$5!!...if it's not new, it was worn maybe once...doesn't seem to have been cleaned or laundered. Great condition.

DSC06023.JPG

Shoes were 50 cents today!!!! They are actually brown..not sure why they showed up black!

I am so happy :D

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
I really like those shoes Honey Bee!
10082010606-1.jpg

I recently purchased this though I doubt I'll ever make it (sewing skills not quite up to scratch yet) I just want to keep it and look at it because it's so pretty.

swinggal

One Too Many
Went to an antique fair this weekend and got a few things.

Late 30s felt tilt hat. The amazing thing is that the veil is totally perfect. I love the contrast of the pink flower.

IMG_0112copy.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg

Also got a bunch of 30s pins and brooches. Top one is wooden, one is shell the other is celluloid.

IMG_0121.jpg

Cool old hair combs. The work amazingly well.

IMG_0122.jpg
]

Cool Aussie made pattern from late 30s.

IMG_0124.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy