Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Finally found a pair of red shoes that fit! I'm glad to have found something with a nice, mid-height heel. There is a hard cap around the heel and the toe though, and I hope that's not going to be uncomfortable during extended wear.

il_430xN.46631642.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Finally found a pair of red shoes that fit! I'm glad to have found something with a nice, mid-height heel. There is a hard cap around the heel and the toe though, and I hope that's not going to be uncomfortable during extended wear.

il_430xN.46631642.jpg

Gorgeous shoes - hope they are really comfy on you!

Was hoping to find a nice pair of patent heels for the Winter - hopefully ones that are comfortable to wear and lucky for me I found these in Marks & Spencers today - they are really comfy on and a lovely shade of dark purple:

41MSShoes.jpg

As the banner says - perfect!

From time to time M&S have some great shoes and a lot with a vintage feel to them....

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
Such awesome finds. I'm in love with the swizzle sticks! They are so space age!

I'm going to Paris in October, and I am determined to do it very fashionably -

Iphone133.jpg
Iphone130.jpg

There's one spot where the lining pulled away, but considering it has been sitting in a barn/garage for quite some time, I was thrilled with the condition. Inside is a vintage Vanity Fair half slip and a dress I'm not sure is going to stay very vintage. It's raspberry but it's got completely hanger marked shoulders. I might head to the Rit, so I can wear it to work...

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
@ Blue Moon Dame - such amazing detail on the heels of those shoes!

Such lovely things posted here...really must get the old camera working! Congrats to you all on your finds!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
SugarKitten said:
I was thrilled with the condition. Inside is a vintage Vanity Fair half slip and a dress I'm not sure is going to stay very vintage. It's raspberry but it's got completely hanger marked shoulders. I might head to the Rit, so I can wear it to work...

Depending on the fabric you might want to give a Oxiclean soak a try first. I've found it takes out all kinds of stains. I think it works best if you soak the item in question in a moderately strong solution for 6 to 12 hours.
Of course if you hate the color, Rit might be a better solution! ;)

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
Thanks wahine! Not to be a bad influence, but vintage luggage in general is a lot more affordable on Etsy than I would have guessed... =)

It's not so much stains, Joie DeVive, though I'm not much of an oxyclean user (my mom swears by the stuff), but there's a line of fading along the tops of the shoulders and a bit down the sides of the body of the dress. It's faded to almost white. Since the dress is cotton linen, I figure a similarly colored dye would do the trick. I've never tried it before, but I'm not really sure of any other options...

Inky

One Too Many
Loving all the amazing finds!

As for me my love of beadwork lead me to a Hiawatha Beaded Purse kit from 1946.

The original owner had started it and had done one beaded circle but everything was still in the box except for the beading thread. The lucite frame is lovely and all the pre-printed nylon (a taffeta weight) is in excellent condition. I do plan to finish the bag.

4933414600_260a95f564.jpg

4933414620_3b99075912.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Wow Inky. That is quite industrious. Nice find though. :eusa_clap

aw yes Miss GoLightly. It is near time for my annual vintage cardigan search. Still looking for the elusive beaded emerald green one.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal said:
aw yes Miss GoLightly. It is near time for my annual vintage cardigan search. Still looking for the elusive beaded emerald green one.

Ooh that could be tough one to find alright - have you ever come across one? I will keep my eyes peeled for you.....

Drappa

One Too Many
I have been meaning to put these up as I bought them but am a newbie to Photobucket, so here it goes all at once. Hubby got me this adorable 60's dress and coat in a charity shop last week, which just came from the dry-cleaners. Unfortunately there are some small stains on the bottom front that didn't come out, but I love it anyway!
photo168.jpg

photo167.jpg

photo164.jpg

I found this in a charity shop a few weeks back
photo172.jpg

photo171.jpg

photo170.jpg

And this one a few months ago. Can you tell I am a sucker for lace dresses...
photo161.jpg

photo162.jpg

This one is by a repro-company called "Tea on the Lawn", but haven't been able to find out anything about them. Love this dress and get lots of compliments when I wear it.
photo163.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Also got this great crochet book and this fabric
photo159.jpg

to make in this pattern:
photo158.jpg

Then, this pattern
photo157.jpg

And finally my favourite modern 60's inspired dress I wore to a friend's wedding. Excuse the bad changing room picture.
photo94.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Lovely Drappa,
I love the Ferman O Grady one. I have one of this brand for sale and it would not be for sale if it fit me.

Miss GoLightly. I lost out on a green one once and have kicked myself ever since. I have an gold one with green beads on top of shoulders. Closest I have.

Just saw a fabulous one emerald green one for sale but it is too small. I want to cry.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Bought this sweet 30s dress. However it's too small for me, which I knew, but couldn't leave it at the sale! I'm going to put it in the classifieds, or you can PM me if interested.

X
BD

Front:
30sdresssfront1.jpg

Back:
30sdresssback1.jpg

Closer up:
30sdresssfrontclose.jpg

*sighs* why is it too small?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members