Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Just bought this from a vintage shop in Crystal Palace...

P100829_132243.jpg

The lady in the shop says it's 1950s, but it's in such a beautiful condition that I struggle to believe it's so old. Can anyone confirm the era?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hello,
I bought this cute sweater for Fall to wear to work (you can't see it well, but it has bees on it). I had my eye on a different one, that had foxes on it, but they didn’t have a medium. Drat!
X,
BD
img-thing

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Lovely bag! :eusa_clap

B5152.jpg

I got this Butterick 48 pattern which is to make a robe, think I'll do it in peach or coral silk-satin or perhaps a jade green, I guess I'll know when I see the fabric.

And I got these lush shoes by kate Kuba for a steal lol

!B0zrNcQ!Wk~$(KGrHqUOKj8E)W9VlNPsBMb9Plw!UQ~~_35.JPG

Not strictly vintage but nice all the same.

Also got this vintage nautical playsuit that I wore on saturday night and then the strap broke. :rolleyes: That's the only trouble with vintage isn't it, the degredation of seams and stitching. :( It should mend up ok mind.

!BzgflLwEGk~$(KGrHqR,!iwEw5LLNJ-hBMW(1nRJO!~~_35.JPG

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Ada Vice said:

Also got this vintage nautical playsuit that I wore on saturday night and then the strap broke. :rolleyes: That's the only trouble with vintage isn't it, the degredation of seams and stitching. :( It should mend up ok mind.

Thanks Ada! :)

I hear you about vintage falling apart when worn- such a cute playsuit but at least you can fix the strap. The beautiful gossamer dress I wore to my Hen night started to fall apart the second I left the house and continued to do so for the rest of the night - it was in shreds by the time I got home - no amount of thread could rescusitate it!

Love the shoes too - they will go with so much!

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
Just got this lovely little 50s jacket for £15 on Etsy! Been looking for something like this as we approach autumn. Seller says there are some rips in the lining but hopefully nothing that can't be mended!

il_fullxfull.170036521.jpg

Sorry for giant image! I hate it when it does this....

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
YesterdayGirl said:
Just got this lovely little 50s jacket for £15 on Etsy! Been looking for something like this as we approach autumn. Seller says there are some rips in the lining but hopefully nothing that can't be mended!

I was only admiring that jacket the other day - it's lovely!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ada Vice said:

I adore this.

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
Oh my goodness...

Yes, I finally got my book in the mail! I found it on the 'bay for 2.99

It's a first edition print from 1963. I cannot believe I am actually going to try this...I'm nervous and excited, I have been wanting to make my own shoes since I was a teen. I hope the experiment is successful. :D

howtomakeownshoes63.jpg

Roxy

Familiar Face
Miss_Becky said:
Yes, I finally got my book in the mail! I found it on the 'bay for 2.99

It's a first edition print from 1963. I cannot believe I am actually going to try this...I'm nervous and excited, I have been wanting to make my own shoes since I was a teen. I hope the experiment is successful. :D

howtomakeownshoes63.jpg

Please keep us posted. I'd really like to see what comes of that. I'd love to make shoes for myself.

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Ada Vice said:

B5152.jpg

I got this Butterick 48 pattern which is to make a robe, think I'll do it in peach or coral silk-satin or perhaps a jade green, I guess I'll know when I see the fabric.

And I got these lush shoes by kate Kuba for a steal lol

!B0zrNcQ!Wk~$(KGrHqUOKj8E)W9VlNPsBMb9Plw!UQ~~_35.JPG

Not strictly vintage but nice all the same.

I LOVE this play suite!! And these great shoes!! I have a hard time finding cute play suites!! Sorry to hear about the strap :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy