Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
well it finally arrived...my first Horrockses dress...only I don't know if it is real or not! Here it is:

IMAG0046.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry I don't have a full length photo! I did take one but it seems to have gone missing!

Here's a pic of the tag:

IMAG0047.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm probably posting in the wrong thread but it is a new purchase :p I just don't know if it's genuine! Any advice I will gladly take!

P.S. The dress is the blackest of black, even though the photo doesn't really show it (stupid flash)

Drappa

One Too Many
OneAndOnly said:
well it finally arrived...my first Horrockses dress...only I don't know if it is real or not! Here it is:

IMAG0046.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry I don't have a full length photo! I did take one but it seems to have gone missing!

Here's a pic of the tag:

IMAG0047.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm probably posting in the wrong thread but it is a new purchase :p I just don't know if it's genuine! Any advice I will gladly take!

P.S. The dress is the blackest of black, even though the photo doesn't really show it (stupid flash)
I have seen those tags before, so I think it is real, but later than the early 60's. The 50's tags all look different, and this looks more like the late 60s or 70's tags. Good find though! I was watching that auction and am glad you got a good deal.

Foofoogal

Banned
:eek:That blue swirls skirt is divine.

I have the sweater guard just like that in my collection. Did you know that it is real butterfly wings? They used to do that.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Black Dahlia and Miss Sofia - thank you very much ladies! I had to replace the black quilted skirt as the one I ordered before went missing in the post! It's only the second time that something has gone missing but I LOVED that skirt so it was such a shame - still this other circle skirt is very handsome and should go with a million things!

Foofoofal - I had no idea that the iridescence came from butterfly wings!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how I feel about that I have to say.....

Black Dahlia - LOVE the ring - so beautiful and I have never seen shoe straps before - I still am amazed at all the clever things they had years ago - clips for changing the style of your shoes, glove clips to key finders and one thing I saw on Etsy - a Bosom Buddy I think it was called - a kind of purse you put in your bra - think you'd have to slip away to the powder room to settle the bill!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Ditto on the ring Black Dahlia. It's amazing. Love the shoe straps too. I have little slipper socks that tie with a bow and look really cute with flats.

40'sfetish

Familiar Face
got these two dresses at a local op shop
Randomshots013.jpg

Randomshots015.jpg

Plus this little book at the local market, it is missing the first few pages but otherwise in good condition but only cost me $4

Randomshots016.jpg

A pic from inside section titled "Renovate and Remake"
Randomshots017.jpg

Last edited:

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy