Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
Thank you everyone, There is some light fading on the bow and two small tears in the netting but the condition was what caught my eye:D They had another hat that I loved too, a brown one with velvet flowers but I could only afford one:mad: I have every intention of asking Mum for the other one for Christmas :eusa_clap

I live in a tiny town near Horsham in Vic, On the highway from Melbourne to Adelaide:D

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
I always come to this thread to drool over all your lovely purchases; may as well contribute.
OK, I went to a little antique fair a couple of weeks ago; there wasn't much in the way of clothing, but I did manage to snatch up these beauties:
A gingham 1950s day dress (I'm a gingham addict, fyi!)
5058424304_8254d8b38f.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Annnnd:
5057813497_747bab1344.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
...a 1940s silk bed jacket! This is the first piece of vintage sleepwear I've ever bought. I can never justify shelling out money for fragile clothes meant for the bedroom, but I've been wearing this over my lace blouses like a sort of cape. It's so pretty; I sense this is the beginning of a new addiction, lol.
5058424210_7fa79b32fc.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

annet

One of the Regulars
Fotoop18-10-2010om1404.jpg

not exactly a purchase, but a friend of mine who is a jewelry maker repaired my grandmother's old pearl necklace for me! it had knots between the pearls and one day the thread just broke between one of them... it has been lying on my dresser for two years before i found someone who could fix it (she did it for a very small price as most jewelry stores charge by the knot, i only paid for the supplies she needed) so it kind of feels like a new necklace!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
I found this lovely swing cloak in a thrift store for $10, not sure exactly what era it's from or if it's even vintage, but it looked vintage and I liked it so I got it. :D Can anyone tell me more about it?
[/IMG]

That's so pretty! I love cloaks and capes; so elegant and dramatic! Because of the styling details and the washing instructions in the label, I'd guess it to be from the 70s, but I'm no expert.
Here's some info from the VFG label resource:
http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/kashmiracle/

Land-O-Lakes, what a cool radio! This is probably a silly question, but does it work? I've always loved old radios, though it'd probably be a little strange to hear today's modern stations coming through on one! lol

Mojito

One Too Many
All fantastic aquisitions...and RodeoRose, I do LOVE a bedjacket. I have one of my Nana's that I wear with summer dresses...yours looks so prettily silky and dainty.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Rodeo Rose I think we may have to put in some new tubes first it also has a pull out record player in the that front panel too. Does anyone know if there is anyway we can get that ugly stain out of the front panel?

annet

One of the Regulars
DSC_0004-4.jpg

an off-white short sleeved sweater and a little cotton scarf. got them at a sale in a thrift store and paid 2.50 euros (a little more than three dollar) for both!

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
The chap who runs the local op-shop let me go out the back today:cheers1:
Talk about exciting!!!!
I came out with this fox (?) stole and these butterscotch bakelite earrings!!!

I am a happy girl! Sorry about the poor pic. I'm at work and only have the desktop camera;)
66569_10150104294353916_680448915_7531929_4966409_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy