Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I also won these on Ebay and hope they fit when they arrive
images

KGrHqEOKjME1sY0jC46BNhh2joqcw0_3.jpg

If you don't mind my asking, what keywords are you using to bring up these beauties? (Cheeky I know :D)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Drappa - stunning finds - by chance did you get that lovely skirt off ASOS - if so I was looking at the same one! It really is like a vintage 50's skirt.

I got these platform peeptoes in Marks & Spencer:

41zOwCrXJL__SX182_SH35_.jpg

And this 50's style skirt in Monsoon - will look great with a crinoline:

81304723_s1-1.jpg

In fact I had a hard time choosing between the skirt and all the lovely 50's style dresses they now have in stock!

Drappa

One Too Many
Ooh, Miss G, love those shoes! Can't wear heels for the most part as I have a problem with my feet et the moment, but love looking at them anyway. Yes, it is Asos and I saw it first on Gok Wan's show and got slightly obsessed with it. It is made from quite heavy cotton twill, and fits my biggest crinoline easily, perhaps would fit even two or three.

Frenchy56, it's not cheeky, I use about dozens of different keywords at different times, but quite often just look for 50's cotton dresses. The first one is the Fleur dress by Heydey, and someone was selling it after only having worn it once, so it was quite cheap. The second one I actually got from my favourite Ebay seller, who normally sells vintage slips and crinolines, but also dresses once in a while. He's cleaning out his wife's extensive wardrobe and emailed me about the dress, as he sometimes puts things aside for me. He's really, really nice (granville56 on Ebay) and has outstanding customer service.
I tend to look for specific designers, materials, or keep checking trusted sellers who I have bought from before, so often stumble upon things I wasn't even looking for.

Last edited:

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Drappa, those are great finds! I'm loving that skirt! I've been searching for a good 50s skirt... Really jealous of your fleur dress (I saw that one on ebay too, but sadly it's not my size! Glad you're the one who got it though!!). The polka dot dress is fab too!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I'm very obsessed with bakelite at the moment.. and I've been lusting after some egg-yolk yellow hoop earrings forever, so I was really excited when I won these on ebay last night! They were a bargain too :)

DSC00008.jpg

wahine

Practically Family
Today, this slip dress arrived in my mailbox. Although it's a little too big and the color is much more peachy than in the pic, I adore it. It goes almost perfectly under my new black dress. :)
plus, it was a bargain (from ebay).

and, finally: :D

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Lovely earrings Linasofia, i'm dying for a pair like the bottom ones for summer. Sooo pretty.

I love your slip Wahine - perhaps you could try a soak is some Vanish/Oxy, or Nappysan to brighten it up a little. It looks lovely in the pictures though.

Miss G - lovely shoes!!! I supposed to be going tomorrow to buy the little guy some school trousers, i can see i'm going to be diverted to the shoe department!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Today, this slip dress arrived in my mailbox. Although it's a little too big and the color is much more peachy than in the pic, I adore it. It goes almost perfectly under my new black dress. :)
plus, it was a bargain (from ebay).

and, finally: :D

I have The Thin Man box set. It's one of my favorite purchases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn